Gareth on Twitter

Val4Gareth

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if Gareth went over to Dublin yesterday for Stephen Gateley's funeral? Maybe he did and jetted back or maybe the news of this charity ball last night means he didn't. As they say in showbiz 'The show must go on'

Looks as though he was also doing a charity gig last night

Pic from someone elses twitter.... here

seems it was a charity ball for the Willow Foundation.

more info here http://www.willowfoundation.org.uk/FundRai...ts/WillowEvents

This is brill news and once again a great cause. The food would be good with Gary Rhodes cooking too.

( Good this twitter lark for doing the detective work!!)

You are fab at it with all these snippetts. What did we do before twitter?

I was wondering if Gareth went over to Dublin yesterday for Stephen Gateley's funeral? Maybe he did and jetted back or maybe the news of this charity ball last night means he didn't. As they say in showbiz 'The show must go on'

I don't think Gareth was at the funeral yesterday, but I'm not surprised. We know Gareth will have met Stephen on the showbiz circuit, but Gareth's tweet last Sunday was the first time Gareth had spoken about him. Gareth might have been friends with him, but we have no reason to believe he was more than a casual friend, and yesterday's funeral wasn't about that. There were a few famous faces there, but I think the planned memorial concert in London is what Gareth would attend if he were to attend anything.

I thought it was interesting that some of Stephen's well known famous friends wanted to leave yeterday's service to be mainly for family.

That sounds like a lot of fun. It's good to hear that Gareth is trying out some of these different things, still in music, while he's got a bit of time available to him. I'd love to know what sort of style he's doing, but he's probably a lot happier keeping us in the dark until he's got a bit more practice under his belt. :laugh:

Another couple of tweets this morning :hyper:

Gareth_Gates I'm loving some of the DJ names... keep 'em coming! And I'll keep you posted on Dates / Venues. R - REWIND!!12 minutes ago from web

Gareth_Gates I went to watch Bradford City yesterday (I know i know... I'm a Leeds fan!) but i still like to support the local side! Come on City!!10 minutes ago from web

I think he actually answered your question Val, so well done.

I think it's all in the timing, and you'll see today he's posting from "web", which makes it easier too.

It's so typical of Gareth, he'll tell us about going to a football match, but he won't think to say anything about rehearsals. The stuff we are really excited about! :laugh:

Looks like they've all been given the go-ahead to mention the rehearsals. Anyone know who this is. Or should I know, but have forgotten.

rhiannonsarah: start Les Mis rehearsals tomoro! Looking forward to meeting all the cast @Gareth_Gates , @johnowenjones , @LynneWillmot !!

9 minutes ago from web ·

Gareth_Gates Yes I start rehearsals for Les Mis tomorrow. Can't wait. Just finished the book! ..so ready and raring to go! Better start warming up now! x

3 minutes ago from web

Funny that more than a couple of his replies think that he's written a book! :laugh: Nice to see that he's on there a bit more often. Hopefully John Owen Jones will really get him into it - he posts regularly.

:laugh: hehe, just seen a post re his wearing 2 socks, and him saying : do you think its weird? :laugh:

But its gone now, I think he posted it on the wrong forum.

And he is following 2 people now. :tongue:

I've got it:

You think the 2 sock thing is wierd?! FACT: @johnowenjones is part of the 'UK Roller-coaster Association' ?! Whatever that means ;-)

See this thread for what he's talking about.

Can't keep up with all these tweets today. Looks like Gareth and John have hit it off well

You think the 2 sock thing is wierd?! FACT: @johnowenjones is part of the 'UK Roller-coaster Association' ?! Whatever that means ;-)

:laugh: