Val4Gareth

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jonathan Grant@JayBeeGee63

Packed house for Momentous Musicals! Loads of anticipation .

Jonathan Grant@JayBeeGee63

@laughingmonsta Interval tweet . Classy show Momentous Musicals. Awesome production values for a one nighter. Bring on the tour !

News very kindly in from Val.( I am sure she knows people are desperately waiting to know what songs Gareth sang).

Songs sang: Close Every Door, Why God Why, Empty Chairs, Unchained Melody and For Good with Rachel from Wicked.

What a blooming treat. Cheers Val for letting us know. :thumbsup:

I don't have time to write a full review now, as this is a flying computer visit, but suffice to say the show was wonderful. Gareth showed his class and why we love his voice so much, and had us all melting.

It was a fun show, not too serious, but slickly done. There wasn't any chat between songs, so it was very fast-paced, but I do think it would have been nice if they'd maybe taken a moment or two to say a little something. The other performers were very good and the kids from the Arts Ed programme did very well - I expect there were some very proud parents in the audience. :D Gareth and the others, but especially Gareth, were very well received. A lot of people, especially in the stalls gave a standing ovation at the end. We were Dress Circle, which was very full, as were the stalls. I didn't get the chance to see Upper Circle - I spent enough time chasing those interval drinks!

The stage door was heaving. I only went to have a look and hopefully to watch Gareth sign autographs for others, but it was so busy you couldn't really see him - except every now and then his head would appear! I did over-hear some teens coming away from getting their programmes signed, telling their parents that "Gareth called me babe!" and generally being very giddy and excited, which was lovely. Then as an afterthought, one of them shouted across "thank you Gareth", because she realised she was so excited, she forgot to say at the time! :wub:

After the show, we went for a wind-down drink in a place opposite the theatre. After a while, Gareth and others from the show (and Suzanne) appeared on the balcony bar that's above the entrance, so we got to do a bit of post-show, "arm-chair" stalking. There isn't a great deal to say about that, but it looked like everyone was very happy and enjoying a very well earned drink themselves! :D

Thanks for the lovely report Snowdrop, I had been waiting. :) Sounds like a really good show and everyone enjoyed themselves. Nice that you were able to spot Gareth afterwards. I did see a tweet from a girl who said she could not see Gareth either, because of all the people surrounding him.

Had a fabulous time last night. I really don't know how Gareth manages to improve on the perfection of his voice, but he does it every time. He was absolutely outstanding and incurred an ovation every time he came on stage which the others didn't manage, although they were all very good, especially Emma. It was a surprise when we saw on the Programme that Gareth was going to be singing Unchained Melody although we should perhaps have guessed as its from Ghost, but I have to say despite always loving the way he sang it in the past, he did it even better last night. You could have heard a pin drop in the audience and he got a huge applause afterwards as he did with every other song he sang. There was a wicked grin on his face in the duet he did with Rachel and he even showed the acting skills he's perfected so well. Was a spectacular night.

Can't add much more to what Snowdrop has said, as she's done it so eloquently. The stage door was totally manic. I don't think I've ever seen one so busy. Unless we had pushed our way through, which I wasn't prepared to do, we couldn't get anywhere near Gareth. It was even impossible to take pictures of him signing for others, until a young girl took a pic for me. Don't know how they manage to get the camera in focus from so far back and so high above their heads. Gareth went in after less than half the crowd had got their pictures and signings, but he would have been there for hours if he'd waited till everyone had. It was a lovely surprise when sitting having our drink afterwards to see him and others appear on the balcony where we'd been having our drinks before the show. Suzanne looked gorgeous as usual and it goes without saying how fabulous Gareth looked. There was about 20 or 30 of them on the balcony including Matt Daines and they all seemed to be having a lovely wind down time together. Something they really deserved after such an amazing show. Hope Gareth will do more of these kind of shows as they are my absolute favourite performances from him.

Thanks for posting Snowdrop, a very good review to say you were having a flying computer visit :D

Thanks for posting Val, lovely to read and great for Gareth to have a large amount of fans waiting at the stage door . I would love to hear Gareth sing Unchained Melody now his voice has matured so much , I bet it was gorgeous .

Thanks Val for your great report, loved reading it. So pleased you had a brilliant time and that Gareth was amazing. :)

Thanks Floz for the review, love it.

he sung delightfully with magnificent presence and charisma.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
With Why God Why? from Miss Saigon, Gates truly earned his star billing.

That's a brilliant review Floz. Thanks for posting it up.

I totally agree with them. For me Jonathan Ansell was definitely the weak link last night. With the exception of Gethsemane his other songs were quite lacking and he looked decidedly untidy in his aparrel compared to Gareth.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks Val and Snowdrop. Sounds amazing.

Another review here

http://www.thepublic...theatre-london/

Thanks Foz loved this review and have to agree that Jonathan Ansell was the weakest link.

We all know Gareth loves to work as a team so obviously must not have had chance to rehearse with the dancers as he has been so busy with Loserville and Legally Blonde. Unless of course they thought Gareth didn't need dancers as he was the star of the show.

Had a great evening at MM.

When I bought my programme and saw that Gareth was singing Unchained Melody,I was so disappointed,thought Oh no !!! we're going backwards here,it was beautiful,like I've never heard him sing it before.Every time Gareth came on stage there was lots of cheering,then when he'd finished the song his applause was fantastic.

I agree that Jonathan Ansell was the weakest link,.

The stage door was manic,I couldn't get near to take a pic of Gareth,a young girl waiting took the 2 nearer ones of Gareth for me.

003.jpg

002-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

Guest NicolaJayne

We picked up Linda at Potters Bar and set off for Wimbledon, good job we had plenty of time as the journey which should take one and a half hours ended up taking more than two hours. While Brian found somewhere to park we went to the stage door to wait for Maureen to arrive and had a nice chat to Sarahjane, Maria and Andrea. Eventually Maureen arrived with June and her sister and we made our way into Weatherspoons for our meal before the show,We sat further back while June and her sister went off to join their party. Don't remember that being there when we went to the panto at Wimbledon so may be quite new.

Saw the two Val's, Yvonne and Doris and met Fiona for the first time.

We had a spare ticket between us as Natasha was supposed to come with us but was on holiday in Italy but her ticket was B8 and ours were BB so Brian preferred to sit in Natasha's seat as it was a few rows further back. Meaning Maureen could sit with us instead of in her seat further back. Brian tried to sell Maureens ticket at the Box Office but was told that as there were still seats spare they had to sell those first. Nice to see Ann and Peter. Also Kimberley and her boyfriend who were sitting in front of us, and Vivienne who took the professional pics for M M. Oh and Vera briefly.

Eventually we all got ourselves sorted out and seated and the curtain went up.

to One night only from Dreamgirls with Rachael and Emsemble

All I ask of you Jonathan & Emma

Maria West Side story Daniel, loved this one.

then it was Gareths turn and he came on the stage to gasps and screams to Sing Close every door.Fantastic performance and much appreciated by the audience.

Little Shop of Horrors Ensemble, I wasn't too keen on this but may just not have been to my taste.I know him so well Emma and Rachael was very good, one of my favourite songs.

Love Changes Everything, Aspects of Love Jonathan

You must love me Evita Rachael

Tell me its not true Blood Brothers Daniel

Then it was Gareths turn again with Unchained Melody and more screams from the audience, didn't know it was from Ghost as not seen that show or film. Mein Heir Cabaret Emma and Emsemble, not heard this before.

So much better, Legally Blonde Rachelle and Emsemble. Then it was time for the interval.

Seasons of Love Rent, Company came next.

Then Gareths turn again with Empty chairs and Empty tables and another fantastic performance and lots of screams.

Starlight sequence from Starlight Express Jonathan and Daniel.

Hushabye Mountain, Chitty chitty bang bang Emma

Fame, Ensemble

Being Alive, Company and Daniel

Then Gareth again with Why God Why Miss Saigon, love him singing this and so did the audience.

Gethsemane Jesus Christ Superstar, Jonathan, a bit ironic as he had just been axed from the show on TV.

No one but you (Only the good die young) We will Rock you, Rachael, saw this show but not really keen.

For Good ,icked Gareth and Rachael, love Gareth singing a duet as his expressions are so good and you really believe his emotions for the girl he is singing to.

Ended with You can't stop the beat Hairspray, Company and then a final glimpse of Gareth at the end before the curtain came down.

When we got to the stage door couldn't believe the crowd that was there already. Gareth didn't come out last as he usually does so seemed strange and took us by surprise. It was a mad scramble with my husband standing well back LOL.

Don't know how but we somehow managed to get our programmes signed and made an attempt at a pic but mine was rubbish as Maureeen couldnt get far enough back.Hers was dark that I took, don't know why and Linda wouldn't attempt it but did get her programme signed. At first we were told no pics then the security man took a few but soon got fed up and went back in. Then I looked and gareth had disappeared and Jonathan was out signing with someone else so there must have been many Gareth fans who didnt even manage to see him. We went back into Weatherspoons for a drink before having to say Goodbye to Maureen as Brian had to get up very early this morning for work and it was 1 00am when we got home.I also had my charity shop this morning.

Saw Sarahjane Maria and Andrea at the front of the Theatre as we left, hope they didn't miss their coaches home.

Sorry if I have bored you with the order of programme but thought people who didn't attend may want to know the songs that others sang too. Also couldn't add much else to Snowdrops and Vals fantastic reports.