"Somewhere in the Audience" Album available 18.3.13

sbowns1

Thanks for posting Sophie.

This is the album Louise Dearman mentioned a while ago when she said she was recording with Gareth. I'll buy it to hear Gareth singing a new song, but apart from that the only ones I'd want to listen to is Louise and Oliver Thompsett. Not keen on Steve Balsamo and although Ben has a nice voice, I find him one dimentional and a bit screachy,

Steve Balsamo in my eyes is one of the most underrated singers EVER! His voice is indescribable. Ben Forster is certainly not screechy, his voice is absolutely sublime as is his falsetto! He's a really sweet guy and a wonderful Jesus (as is Steve) I can't wait to hear Gareth sing "Closer to heaven" & Ben sing "Somewhere in the audience! WOW! So excited! I can't believe it!

Guest NicolaJayne

Does anyone know how much the CD is and how many songs Gareth is singing on the album as he is the only reason I would want to buy it.

Still not received the Momentous Musicals CD which is beyond a joke now as it was supposed to be despatched originally on the 28th of January.

Its £10.52 Elaine and Gareth sings just the one song `Closer To Heaven'

Here's the link on Amazon for the CD listing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Somewhere-The-Audience-Eric-Woolfson/dp/B00B2M7D1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361462207&sr=8-1

It's funny how we all hear things different . I've just listened to Steve Balsamo and Ben Forster on youtube and thought both sounded very mediocre .

That was exactly what I thought of their voices when I listened. Neither of them would encourage me to listen again or to buy the CD if Gareth wasn't featured on it

I asked John (Laughingmonsta) on Twitter if he knew what the problem was with the MM CD and he said it was a problem with the distributors, but didn't know when it would be available. Hope its not much longer. I can't wait to receive mine.

I'm my humble opinion Ben Forster& Steve Balsamo are no way "mediocre" as you call them! I mean have you ACTUALLY heard either of them sing the role of "Jesus" or "Gethsemane" ?(Bearing in mind it's probably the hardest theatre song written for the male voice) I adore Gareth, but there's no way he could sing that! I'd LOVE to see Gareth in the role of "Peter" in Jesus Christ Superstar though! He'd be absolutely incredible!

Here are 2 video's of Steve & Ben singing "Gethsemane" in attempt to prove my point!

Its not a case of trying to prove your point Sophie. You're trying to preach to the converted on here. We're here because we think Gareth has a fantastic voice. Watching those videos will only appeal to people who enjoy that kind of voice, which I'll say again is not me. In my honest opinion Gareth has a far better voice than either of them, with much more tone, gentleness and feeling. Like you said on Twitter `each to their own' and I don't think a Gareth fansite is a very good place to try to change opinions.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks Val if Gareth is only singing one song on the album, may be better to download it if thats possible as I am not really interested in the rest of the album.

Gareth could play any part in any musical after playing Marius in Les Mis as that IMO is the most challenging musical to be involved with.

Thanks Sophie for these two videos from Jesus Christ Superstar. I haven't seen either of these clips before, but have to say I think Steve Balsamo nailed this one. I always thought I would like to see Gareth in J C S one day, but not sure which role would be most suitable for him. I might buy this C D though! First I've heard of it.

Oh yeah, Steve Balsamo does NAIL "Gethsemane!" He was only 24 years old when he started playing the role of Jesus back in 1996! (HOW IMPRESSIVE?!)

Like I said before, Gareth would be a superb Peter in JCS, he has the right voice for that role! :) I'm not sure whether the show will ever come back to the West End though :( ! I'm seeing it in October when it re-tours the UK after Australia and America! Ben Forster is playing Jesus :)

A message has now been posted on Gareth's Website

February 24, 2013 - Gareth records track for Eric Woolfson album, alongside Louise Dearman, Jon Lee, Oliver Tompsett and many more

To be released on 18th March 2013, the anniversary of what would have been the late songwriter Eric Woolfson’s 68th birthday – ‘Somewhere in the Audience’ is a selection of music from four of Eric’s musicals – Gaudi, Gambler, POE and Dancing Shadows. Vocals have been recorded by leading West End and Broadway performers, including the track “Closer to Heaven” by Gareth Gates. A recent review by broadwayworld.com says: “The recording is incredibly well produced and expertly engineered … The selection of performers delivering the numbers has clearly been thought out and not one number can be faulted. Woolfson’s music is very emotive and well structured. his storytelling abilities are second to none … I can highly, highly recommend it. Woolfson is a genius and I sincerely hope some of his shows will be heard – and see – by a larger audience.”

Hello Everyone - I am delighted that Gareth has been asked to record on this album - Eric Woolfson was originally known as a rock musician but became well known to those who followed his music as a superb composer and musician writing for many 'stars' eventually forming a partnership with Alan Parsons and selling millions of recordings world wide. For Gareth to be part of this will help to make him known to many who 'have never heard of him' and can only be for the good. I hope this album has as much success or more than Boogie Nights - as I remember that was not looked forward to with much enthusiasm to start with but whow - how much has that been enjoyed. I'm sure Gareth knows very well what he wants to be part of and I applaud him for branching out into different areas of the music world Hugs Browneyes.

Thanks for filling us in on a bit of background on Eric Wolffson Browneyes. I'm sure like me there will be people who will only want to own music by some of the artists on the album, but I hope most will buy the album rather than just download the tracks they want as it will be better for Gareth as well as the other artists if the whole album sells well. I shall be buying it even though there are only a few people I want to hear on there.

I agree with you in thinking Gareth knows very much what he wants and what he's doing. He's a very shrewd person and music is his life. I'm sure eventually all his hard work and struggle will pay off for him.

I'd LOVE a signed copy! (Highly unlikely) Eric Woolfson's music is absolutely beautiful, I'm surprised Gareth hasn't mentioned anything about it on his twitter page. I do wish that there was a way that I could just download the songs by Gareth, Ben and Steve though as I think it's just a CD and not available for download....

Ben tweeted this yesterday!

hey guys! It was an honor to record the title song for a celebration of such a great composer http://www.ericwoolfsonmusic.com/shop.html take a preview here.

• 3 weeks later...