Gareth's New Songs from the Gigs 2013

Val4Gareth

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

That's better Val now we can find them easily without having to remember which page to go to in the other thread.

I have listened to them a few times now and not sure which I like best between FREE and HOLD ME TIGHT but FREE is definitely the most poignant and like Changes and AOMS it is about his own life experiences

I have also listened to them a few times now and think that Free is my favourite of the three. Not sure if this is because its the most poignant or whether I actually do like it!! I have to say that I thought they all sounded very alike and a bit like Changes and AOMS. I have to be honest, I was hoping for something a bit more memorable and upbeat with a catchy chorus this time round. I think people are enjoying Gareth's gigs now because he is singing a lot of the well known songs that everyone knows and can sing along to. I just can't imagine singing along to any of the three we've heard up to now. This is just my view and I know many of you seem to like the new material. I suppose its a start though and it's the first new music we've had in a while so we shall have to wait and see what else there is before making any judgement.

Barbigirl, I actually agree with you. I love the new music and I am over the moon to be able to hear new songs, but I also hope that if Gareth will release any as singles (which he might not do) that they will be more up beat and catchy.

He did say he would showcase some more songs on his gigs, so I think we have to wait and see.

Saying that, I love these songs. :)

And having listend to them a bit more where I thought at first I liked Hold on tight best, and I am now torn between that one and Free.

Guest NicolaJayne

I have to agree with what has been said here, much as I love Gareth's new songs. I think he must have something more upbeat and catchy to release as his first single if that's what he intends to do. It has to be something you remember that sticks in your mind and you can sing along to.

I can't do anything at all at the moment Chris. Ever since I uploaded the videos, I ve been having problems with my laptop. Now it's packed up altogether so I'm posting this on my iPad. Going to have to get hold of my engineer I think.

Oh what a shame Val.

Heather can you see Stay because it isn't showing for me at all when I put the filter on. It is only showing 4 of Val's videos?

This is an interesting link about gaining viewers etc on Youtube, ignoring that musicians and record companies can actually buy youtube views (as well as facebook likes, twitter followers and instagram followers) :ohttp://www.galaxyninja.com/2010/09/how-to-get-more-views-on-youtube-in-9-simple-quick-and-free-steps/