Top Of The bill

Yorksheather

They have a nice little report of Gareth in The T&A tonight.

There is a small pic of Gareth.

TOP OF THE BILL BRUNEI:

Bradford pop sensation Gareth Gates,right,was set to entertain at a private party for the Sultan Of Brunei yesterday

The event was taking place in Brunei,the Islamic sultanate lying on the north -west coast of Borneo.

Earlier this year Gareth,20,pipped American pin-up Justin Timberlake to the title of Best International Male in the MTV Asia awards and spent time touring across the continent.

A spokesman for the pop star said: "He is very popular in Asia".

Whoo! Thanks Heather :D

Maybe there was due to be a private party at the Sultan's house (erm, palace) yesterday in addition to the concert at the hotel on New Year's Eve? It may still have happened for all we know.

Whatever the case - nice mention and the T&A should sign up. :D In exchange for news and gossip on Bradford's finest, they can post some of their lovely high resolution photos. :wub:

Maybe there was due to be a private party at the Sultan's house (erm, palace) yesterday in addition to the concert at the hotel on New Year's Eve?  It may still have happened for all we know.

Whatever the case - nice mention and the T&A should sign up. :D  In exchange for news and gossip on Bradford's finest, they can post some of their lovely high resolution photos.  :wub:

My first thoughts were that it was out of date,so maybe have another update later,then I also wondered if Gareth did give a private performance yesterday

Could have originated from Wendy,then they had it comfirmed. :D

I thought it could be a private party for the Sultan and friends and family, after all Gareth is there until 12th January so no reason to think he would not be performing privately.

It was right and proper for the New Year concert to be cancelled given the events of Boxing Day but there is no problem with a private performance - and good for Gareth if that is the case and good for the T&A too.

xxxx

That's brill.  Wish the T & A was a national newspaper

You're so right. :lol: But the T&A is already a international newspaper because its news about Gareth are spreading all over the world within only a few minutes via his fantastic fans. B)

@ Yorksheather: Thank you so much for posting this nice article. :) It's good that Gareth's huge success in Asia was mentioned too B) because during my last stay in the UK I noticed that even in Bradford so many people don't know about Gareth's big popularity abroad. :(

They have a nice little report of Gareth in The T&A tonight.

There is a small pic of Gareth.

TOP OF THE BILL BRUNEI:

Bradford pop sensation Gareth Gates,right,was set to entertain at a private party for the Sultan Of Brunei yesterday

The event was taking place in Brunei,the Islamic sultanate lying on the north -west coast of Borneo.

Earlier this year Gareth,20,pipped American pin-up Justin Timberlake to the title of Best International Male in the MTV Asia awards and spent time touring across the continent.

A spokesman for the pop star said: "He is very popular in Asia".

Oooh Thanks Yorksheather for the news. I was hoping Gareth would perform a concert for the Sultan. After all it seems only polite after the Sultan has offered him what I'm sure is amazing hospitality :rolleyes: I'm sure the sultan's family were pestering him for this treat anyway - how could you possibly have the gorgeous Mr Gates in your principality, and let him get away without a performance!! :wub:

I'm pleased the T&A have written about it, and a lovely article it is too!