Big Reunion 2014 - 5th Story TV programme

Gazfan

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

It is isn't it our Gareth is full of surprises, think there is going to be plenty to keep us all amused in 2014 and hope all the publicity works in Gareth's favour.

Not sure how I feel about the group thing but it will be good seeing him back on tv and it may give him a chance to put some stuff straight as far as stories and what his life was like on the back of a reality talent show. It lets him put his side across. I was a big fan of the first series of Big reunion and hearing what some of those guys went through and how tough the industy is really is an eye opener. We know how brutal the industy can be and how they drop you when things get tough. And also how hard they work these popstars when things are good. If I'm being completely honest the "supergroup" is only the really thing interesting about the second series, a rather poor line up.

Wonder what music they will do?

2014 is certainly shaping up to be quite a big year already for Gareth.

Have to say I'm not too keen on this project. Having watched The Big Reunion last year, a Lot of them were painted out as being desperate. And although they've had successful tours with the show, don't think it's brought any of them back to a great career without the show. I may be wrong about that though!

Also not keen on the whole group thing, but it will of course be good to see him on tv some more and means we will get to see him a lot in 2014. I will of course watch and no doubt end up enjoying the show, however my initial thoughts on this one were 'don't do it gareth!'

Looking forward to seeing him though and it may just turn out to be a good project :)

Have to say I'm not too keen on this project. Having watched The Big Reunion last year, a Lot of them were painted out as being desperate. And although they've had successful tours with the show, don't think it's brought any of them back to a great career without the show. I may be wrong about that though! Also not keen on the whole group thing, but it will of course be good to see him on tv some more and means we will get to see him a lot in 2014. I will of course watch and no doubt end up enjoying the show, however my initial thoughts on this one were 'don't do it gareth!' Looking forward to seeing him though and it may just turn out to be a good project :)

Have to agree with this. Not sure if it is a good move for Gareth

No disrespect to the other four members of the band but Gareth has a successful career while the other four do not, By appearing with them it gives the media an easy way to lump Gareth with them as desperate. .They will not mention anything of Gareth's success as a musical theatreT singer Already seen a mirror article mocking the group.

Gareth will have his reasons for doing the show (profile, money and the chance to sing in front of a big live audience) but not sure if this is really a good move on his part. On the positive side I guess it will good to see Gareth back on TV and he gets to perform live on stage. Hopefully he will sing his solo stuff with a bit of group singing.

I hope it goes well but can't say I am happy with this news

I guess we just have to trust Gareth in what he's doing. He is smart and he must see something in this project that is beneficial to him.

The thing is though, the first series was very successful but that is because most of the bands on there were big first time around. They also managed to do 2 tours out of it and some are doing other stuff now. 5ive did their own Uk/Oz tour which was successful and I believe 911 are touring next year aswell. Them along with Atomic Kitten and Liberty X (although think they have chosen to stop) could go on and do new music. I just don't see them ever topping the first series, but you know what Gareth IS probably the most successful out of the next lot and that can only be a good thing for him.

And Gareth finally mentions something - Gareth_Gates: Can't wait for The BigReunion... Ive written some brilliant new songs and it's a good why of getting back into that world again.

I guess we just have to trust Gareth in what he's doing. He is smart and he must see something in this project that is beneficial to him.

The thing is though, the first series was very successful but that is because most of the bands on there were big first time around. They also managed to do 2 tours out of it and some are doing other stuff now. 5ive did there own Uk/Oz tour which was successful and I believe 911 are touring next year aswell. Them along with Atomic Kitten and Liberty X (although think they have chosen to stop) could go on and do new music. I just don't see them ever topping the first series, but you know what Gareth IS probably the most successful out of the next lot and that can only be a good thing for him

I would have been far more comfortable if Gareth was appearing as a solo act but being part of a group of people none of whom have the same level of success and credibility that Gareth has is the worrying bit. The media are already building it up to be some of joke act and that is my real concern. The overall line up has not excited people as much as series 1 and I just hope that people buy tickets to the live shows or it could be embarrassing for everyone involved

You are however right that we have to trust Gareth (and his management team) on this decision

I understand what your saying but The Big reunion is all about groups so he would never have been able to appear as a solo artist. I think some people are just very surprised at this and not really sure how it is going to work but It could work well you never know. The "supergroup" is the one getting the most attention right now, ok some may be quite harsh but it's them who most are talking about.

I agree about what your saying re live shows, gigs etc. I don't think they would have a problem filling the (I think it was the Apollo) for one night. But it would be after that. Although I really wouldn't be surprised if they join both series up at some stage to try and do a tour that way?

This is just how I feel about them, there could be more people out there than we think who would go and but tickets etc. Just have to wait and see I guess

Just got home from my Christmas away to this news. Must say I would never have guessed this in a month of Sundays.

Whilst it would not have been my personal choice for Gareth, I'm sure he and his management know what they're doing and it could be just the right thing to raise Gareth's profile ready to release his own new music later in 2014. Not too sure how the dynamics of the new group will work, but I really hope that Gareth will get the lead role regards the music as I don't rate the voices of any of the others much.

I do think this along with Gareth appearing on DOI will be the best way he can up his profile before releasing his own music which we all know is his main aim. If he comes up with some good new songs he's written himself (which I see he's said he's done on Twitter) to perform on the Reunions show people will be keener to check out his album later in the year.

Lets be realistic about things, these kind of shows are practically the only way for artists to get themselves seen these days and they usually do the people on them good, if they have the talent, which we all know Gareth has in spades. What happens after the show will be up to Gareth to make the most of and I'm sure that's his and his managements thinking.

I hope it works out well for him and us for the future.

Thanks Gazfan for bringing us this news.

(I did see it last night but had to sleep on it and see how I felt about it).

I thought any news for the beginning of next year would be Gareth's own album so this is a bit dissapointing. However perhaps Gareth sees this is an opportunity to raise his profile on TV and after all people will see him singing :thumbsup: and not skating or cooking. I am just wondering if I worked at something I really loved and had branched out to diversify and was offered an opportunity to go back and relive it once more, would I go back and do it? I think the answer would probably be yes, particularly if it could be fun too.

I just hope any editing of the programme shows Gareth in a very good light and he is the lead singer.

The 2013 show aired from end January until mid March with the live show at the Apollo in Hammersmith at the end of February so I am guessing it will be very similar in 2014. Each episode focussed on one or two acts so Gareth won't appear every week probably two or three maximum plus the final episode where they do the actual live show. There was a DVD on the live show released in April so hopefully they will do the same so that we can see the full concert as the final show only shows brief clips of the performance

I assume they will make a decision on whether there is an arena tour based on the success of the one off show and series. They could I guess combine it with series 1 artists to make it more attractive.

I am interested to see how the group will work. I am guessing they will do a set comprising of one or two of each of the singers biggest hits but done as one group. For Gareth Spirit in the Sky and/or Anyone of Us are obvious choices and great crowd pleasers

I have the same worries as everyone else, hoping people don't think he's desperate or anything but also the same thoughts on how it could be good too and agree i'm sure him and his management know what their doing and to be honest as long as he gets the success he deserves when he does release new music and an album, it doesn't really matter how he gets there.

I hope so too they edit him in a good light but I can't see them being able to find any footage to show him in a negative light as he's just too nice a person and in no way big headed, it does say he will reveal his biggest regret which at least that's him being honest which hopefully stops people making stuff up.

Gareth is doing DOI from 5th of January, so I dont know when this is supposed to start?

What worries me is they will show what has gone wrong with them all, so probably a lot of negativity will be shown.

No doubt the inclusion of Dane was to ensure that their affairs with Jordan will be raised. It is the nature of the show to get the singers to reflect back on their careers high and lows hopefully with some sort of balance but you are to a large extent in the hands of the producers and the way they edit the show . Gareth is however very careful about what his says about his private life and I doubt he will say anything too revealing . As others have said Gareth has no nasty side to him and always come across well so it will be difficult for ITV not to show him a good light.

Noticed tweets from the group being sent looks like they are looking forward to getting together and they will certainly have fun!, Dane has tweeted Gareth and asked him be careful on Dancing on Ice

I am sure they will have fun, Gareth does know Dane and Kenzie already.

I actually like Kavana (he written 'Will you wait for me, which is on Gareth album), I think he has a good voice too.

I suppose we have to take it as they will have fun and it will raise Gareth's profile too. :)

It is the nature of the show to get the singers to reflect back on their careers high and lows hopefully with some sort of balance but you are to a large extent in the hands of the producers and the way they edit the show . Gareth is however very careful about what his says about his private life and I doubt he will say anything too revealing . As others have said Gareth has no nasty side to him and always come across well so it will be difficult for ITV not to show him a good light.

I agree with you Gazman. Gareth is one of the nicest people anyone could wish to meet and it will be hard for the editors to find anything negative about him apart from one stupid mistake (no pun) he made when he was 17. He's always tried to keep his private life to himself as much as he has been allowed to by the media, whilst remaining friendly and approachable to his fans.

My only worry is that the bad things which will obviously be included of others in the show may make some members of the public try to tar him with the same brush.

Holy Moly have published an article about the show which I won't give them the satisfaction of repeating.

The only thing worth saying is that they seem to think the show starts on 31st January. Not that you can be sure they've got that right. Most of what they print is total rubbish.

For the first time, a new supergroup of solo stars will take part. Gareth Gates, Adam Rickitt, Kavana, Blazin Squad’sKenzie and Another Level’s Dane Bowers come together to form 5th Story.

Gareth Gates enjoyed seven Top 10 hits, including four Number 1s. His 2002 debut single Unchained Melody is his biggest seller – it’s clocked up 1.3 million sales. He has the most chart-toppers of all this year’s Big Reunionparticipants.

Watch the video for Gareth's second Number 1 Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake) before we take a look at his new bandmates.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/line-up-for-itvs-big-reunion-2-includes-eternal-a1-gareth-gates-and-dane-bowers-2698/

Can't wait for The BigReunion... Ive written some brilliant new songs and it's a good why of getting back into that world again

I wonder if they will sing some of the songs he has written, that would be good for him. :)p

That's what I took that tweet to mean Khelda. :thumbsup:

Some lovely tweets to him there. Thanks for bringing them on here.