Big Reunion 2014 - 5th Story TV programme

Gazfan

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Kavana, and he has a lot of good qualities, but there is no point in trying to defend the behaviour we saw last night, because there is no question that he was out of order. Going by twitter, he knew he was in the wrong, and the last thing he needs are people making excuses for him. I hope he sorts himself out, but he won't unless he ditches the excuses and takes responsibility for himself.

I do agree it's no fun for people to wade in to criticise everything about Gareth's new band-mates as if he's in competition with them, but it's impossible to watch last night's show and not think Kavana was a liability.

Remember, since the show was filmed, they did the concert and done tv and other things together, so they are trying to make things work.

I like Kavana, and he has a lot of good qualities, but there is no point in trying to defend the behaviour we saw last night, because there is no question that he was out of order. Going by twitter, he knew he was in the wrong, and the last thing he needs are people making excuses for him. I hope he sorts himself out, but he won't unless he ditches the excuses and takes responsibility for himself.

I do agree it's no fun for people to wade in to criticise everything about Gareth's new band-mates as if he's in competition with them, but it's impossible to watch last night's show and not think Kavana was a liability.

Remember, since the show was filmed, they did the concert and done tv and other things together, so they are trying to make things work.

Thank you JoJ for saying that it's not nice to criticise Gareth's new bandmates for no reason - it's not fair on them or Gareth - they have only been in a band for 3 months so all the guys are getting to know each other's likes/dislikes and their personalities. Kav's been through so much c**p in his life which is not cool but like Adam said, everyone has their own way of dealing with stress, but I think Kav needs to find a new way to relieve stress, which means not drinking as much as he has - I understand that but do not call him a liability because I don't think he is. Sorry for speaking my mind but this is the way I feel - sorry if this offends anyone.

From Hayley

For some reason I can't get this article to load, even if I don't go through this link but direct on the Daily Mail website.

If anyone can pop it on here I would be grateful.

Well whatever we feel about Kavanagh (and last night's programme certainly did not show him in the best light) it has got us all talking, arguing, debating. Isn't this just what the programme makers wanted?? The more people talking the more people watching.

I think the Kavanagh/Gareth debate is just to gain publicity too.

I did think the programme did show Adam in a good light and he seemed very genuine.

I wish 3T didn't bang on so much about their uncle (the great Michael Jackson) but I did think as a band they had a special sound.

I understand that but do not call him a liability because I don't think he is. Sorry for speaking my mind but this is the way I feel - sorry if this offends anyone.

Speak your mind all you like. So long as you are polite and back up your opinions with reasons, it's a good discussion.

I never said Kavana is a liability, I said he was a liability on the show the other night. His behaviour put the whole project at risk for the other boys, not just himself. We all know he got it together the following night, but by his own admission this is something he does, and common sense dictates it's something he needs to stop.

I am pleased to see that he appears to recognise this, having seen his behaviour for himself.

Speak your mind all you like. So long as you are polite and back up your opinions with reasons, it's a good discussion.

I never said Kavana is a liability, I said he was a liability on the show the other night. His behaviour put the whole project at risk for the other boys, not just himself. We all know he got it together the following night, but by his own admission this is something he does, and common sense dictates it's something he needs to stop.

I am pleased to see that he appears to recognise this, having seen his behaviour for himself.

I said sorry in my message twice - and am I not allowed to speak my mind on here, JoJ, which I did last night.

From Hayley

I don't understand. I said you had the right to speak your mind and I've no idea why you are apologising.

I disagreed with some of what you said, but I wasn't offended that you said it. I hope you respect my right to have a different opinion, and if you post to say I'm wrong about something, I'm allowed to explain why I think I was right to say it.

If you want to stick up for Kavana it might be better for you to list his good qualities, and what he can bring to the band, rather than wasting time telling people off for stating the obvious. Kavana himself has admitted he was in the wrong, and that it did him good to see how bad he was.

This coming Thursday straight after the last of the Reunion program (when they show some of the Hammersmith concert), all the boys from 5th story (apart from Gareth) will be on Celebrity juice. :)

I think Gareth is too busy at the moment with all the Dancing on Ice rehearsals.

I don't understand. I said you had the right to speak your mind and I've no idea why you are apologising.

I disagreed with some of what you said, but I wasn't offended that you said it. I hope you respect my right to have a different opinion, and if you post to say I'm wrong about something, I'm allowed to explain why I think I was right to say it.

If you want to stick up for Kavana it might be better for you to list his good qualities, and what he can bring to the band, rather than wasting time telling people off for stating the obvious. Kavana himself has admitted he was in the wrong, and that it did him good to see how bad he was.

I just want you to know JoJ I'm so sorry for saying the wrong things - if I get worked up too much for something I believe in, my emotions take over so I apologise completely JoJ for the way I said things on here. :(

From Hayley

Have been on holiday so missed last weeks Big Reunion. I will hopefully catch the repeat on Wednesday night, but from the sound of the comments on here I will be agreeing with the majority of you. I hope Kavana gets a reality check when he watches back how he comes over. I think he's been very lucky to have been given a second chance and as one of the older members of the band you would think he'd realise it himself. Of course, editing is designed to create a bit of drama and public interest, so I suppose we have to take some of that into consideration.

I enjoyed the program last night. Good to see a much happier atmosphere between the lads.

As I'd thought when I heard the recording from the gig, Gareth's voice was the one you could hear above the others on the other lads songs and Spirit In The Sky was fantastic. He really has got such an amazing voice.

Enjoyed hearing A1 too.

Guest NicolaJayne

As I was out last night I have just caught up and watched the Big Reunion from last night. It was not what I expected and was disappointed to see so much old footage we have seen in previous shows.i was under the impression it was going to be showing the concert tonight and not just snippets of songs so frustrating. Maybe they thought if they showed more of the concert, it wouldn't Encourage people to book the tour so they didn't want to show too much, though don't know why because I think they are writing new material for the tour it wasn't all bad though as they did show the finale Gareth's fabulous version of SITS,

Interesting to see its not only us who think Gareth's voice stood out above the others. I found this comment on another site

Wasn't expecting to, but I quite liked 5th Story. I love Gareth's voice and it shone through in chorus and I also love Kenzie. Damage's choreography was on point, looked good but vocally not up to much.

• 2 months later...