Big Reunion 2014 - 5th Story TV programme

Gazfan

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everyone.

No disrespect to any of the other members of the group - but Gareth is way and above the most consistently successful.

He was huge at the beginning and despite all the "stuff" that went on - he has still maintained a busy and successful career...

Of the five of them - he has maintained the highest profile and is IMHO the most talented and musical.

He stands out.

Guest NicolaJayne
I agree with everyone.

No disrespect to any of the other members of the group - but Gareth is way and above the most consistently successful.

He was huge at the beginning and despite all the "stuff" that went on - he has still maintained a busy and successful career...

Of the five of them - he has maintained the highest profile and is IMHO the most talented and musical.

He stands out.

You are so right Jill in everything you have said and after seeing them agree even more, the others all need this but Gareth certainly doesn't, it makes it look like he has no other commitments.

They showed them this morning on ITV at the Arena, and also said that the album will be out and that it will show some of the concert in March. Really looking forward to it. :)

I have ordered the album, lots of good songs on.

I watched it on record when I got home. I too have ordered the album. Am really looking forward to seeing what's coming next after the TV show finishes. Hope they'll all be singing some new music if they do go on a tour, which they will hopefully have written individually or jointly.

I recorded the program and watched it this afternoon. It was just a run down of the songs of all members of 5th Story. They played Unchained Melody and What My Heart Wants to Say of Gareth. Two songs for Kavana and Dane Bowers but three of Kenzie and Adam's.

I have just found out from a guy on twitter a few days ago that most of the guys in 5th Story are writing new material possibly for them as a group which I am very excited about - hope Gareth may do that as well for 5th Story :)

From Hayley

Gareth did say when he first spoke about 5th Story that he had written some new songs for the show, so hopefully we'll get to hear them soon.

I could,t find anything to watch on tv tonight , so watched The Wright Suff ( chan 5 ) on demand,

Adam Ricket was on the panel , the first 12mins had him talking about himself to Mathew Wright , quite bit was spent on 5h Story. it showed the clip on the group bonding etc, he came over as very intelligent the rest of the show.

Thanks Heather. Would be lovely if Gareth could do things like this but I guess he's always restricted because he never knows how his speech will be.

This tweet sounds interesting.

@TheVault_TV

Our @StefanieFaleo and the ageless @Gareth_Gates who spoke about a possible @WeAre5thStory tour! Exciting pic.twitter.com/Yt7Uhz3tjp

Thanks Val that is another great pic.

I had a look through Now mag today , as I read on twitter that Jordan had said something about Gareth, I was wondering if the prog had set her off again ! but no she was OK for a change . The heading was 5th Story.

'I'm loving The Big Reunion and knew that I'd be mentioned one of the weeks as two of my exes are on it. They weren't just exes - I've always said Dane Bowers was the real first love of my life and I was totally head over heels with Gareth Gates. I knew they wouldn't say anything bad as I did nothing wrong! Listening to all five of their stories, I really hope 5th Story do well from this and I'll be backing them all the way '

I could,t find anything to watch on tv tonight , so watched The Wright Suff ( chan 5 ) on demand, Adam Ricket was on the panel , the first 12mins had him talking about himself to Mathew Wright , quite bit was spent on 5h Story. it showed the clip on the group bonding etc, he came over as very intelligent the rest of the show.

You can see that interview here again http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-wright-stuff (It's just available for the next 5 days).

Yes he is intelligent. Wasn't he wanting to be an MP?

I hope no-one minds me commenting. I'm a new member, but not a new fan. In fact, I was on the boards before, but lost my details.

IMO, some fans are under-estimating the value to Gareth of being in the group and on the show.

He doesn't need it and can sing solo beautifully, and is still doing gigs, but most of the publicity he gets for those gigs is because people remember him fondly from years ago. Dancing on Ice helps a bit, but it's not part of the music industry.

I wouldn't want Gareth to take up 5th Story full time, but all of the work with them should feed into his own longer-term career. It reconnects him with some of his own fans from back in the day, and lets fans of the other pop stars see him in a fresh light. The viewers are all pop fans, and in an age range that is difficult to target.

The man managing 5th Story looks like the guy who manages Blue, so brings a lot of good contacts and a bit of focus. Gareth is busy, but I'm baffled if there is any long term plan.

Without doubt, and slight bias, Gareth has the best voice by far. At first glance, it's a waste for him to sing backing vocals to lesser singers, but I love any excuse to hear him sing something new. Watching clips from the concert I was so proud of how easily he shone and it won't have gone unnoticed. We all know Gareth is brilliant, but to many, he's a talentless, plastic, manufactured pop act who faked a stutter to make up for not being very good.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I wonder if the other members are underestimated by older Gareth fans who are as ignorant of their careers are a lot of people are of Gareth. It's too easy to presume that people not on the telly are doing nothing. None of them were as busy as Gareth, but they bring things to the table, especially when it comes to doing publicity work. Dane is on the cover of this week's heat magazine, and Kenzie is on the cover of Reveal. Kavana's story has created a lot of interest, and thanks to Yorksheather we know Adam was on The Wright Stuff. IMO, Adam is a weak singer, but is very articulate and according to one interview keeps them organised.

I hate that the show wanted the Jordan gossip, but that's out of the way and doing 5th Story gives the tabloids something different to talk about. I've noticed that its easier for boyband members to move on from tabloid scandals of individual members.

I don't know the long-term future for the band, but I want Gareth to give it a go. I prefer Gareth doing this than another panto.