Gig in Wednesbury in June - CONFIRMED

Val4Gareth

http://nativemonster.com/film-and-theatre/theatre/pop-idol-gareth-is-centre-stage-in-wednesbury

Pop idol Gareth is centre stage in Wednesbury
WEDNESDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2014
Former Pop Idol star Gareth Gates will be performing at Wednesbury Town Hall this summer.
Pop idol Gareth is centre stage in Wednesbury
Community group Wednesbury Celebrates have announced that the star, who has recently returned to fame on the latest series of reality show the Reunion, will performing at the hall on June 20.

The reality TV star who lost in the final of the first series of Pop Idol, but went on to conquer the charts with his version of Unchained Melody is expected to appear before an audience of up to 400 people at the town hall.

One of the groups founders, Councillor Elaine Costigan said: We are so delighted to have Gareth Gates coming to Wednesbury. Its amazing to think that just two years ago me and a few others started the group. We never expected to be entertaining big name acts or have so many wonderful volunteers helping us out.

Tickets costing £15.00 will go on sale on March 1. For details visit www.wednesburycelebrates.org.uk

Now confirmed

Another gig for you......

Gareth Gates acoustic set

Performance Date: 20/06/2014

Venue Address: Wednesbury Town Hall, Holyhead Road, Wednesbury, WS10 7DF

Duration: 2 x45 minute sets

Tickets go on sale Sat 1 March
Special Box Office Opening times on that day of 10 – 3pm

Will pop this into events later today for you

Gareth HQ x

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks Val sounds like this will take place wonder of he will be on his own or with Pete. Think this is one I won't be able to make as it sounds a long way from me.

Hope this is confirmed as it sounds like I might be able to get there with Sarahjane if its close to you, well that's if you still live in/near Birmingham, until I seen your post, because i'm useless at geography I thought where on earth is Wednesbury lol. As for the panto, it looks like the usual coach to London then train from there and back. Thanks for posting Val.

• 2 weeks later...

Another gig for you......

Gareth Gates acoustic set

Performance Date: 20/06/2014

Venue Address: Wednesbury Town Hall, Holyhead Road, Wednesbury, WS10 7DF

Duration: 2 x45 minute sets

Tickets go on sale Sat 1 March

Special Box Office Opening times on that day of 10 – 3pm

Will pop this into events later today for you

Gareth HQ x

Guest NicolaJayne

So maddening when Gareth is appearing nearby and you cannot make it. I am hoping that The Big Reunion Tour in London is not in May while I am on holiday it would be just my luck.

*gareths melody* thanks for alerting everyone.

It's not a good start epecially considering the huge makeover this theatre has just had. One would have thought you could book online.

They have however put this message on their website:

Gareth Gates Booking

Please note that you can only book tickets in person at the box office at Wednesbury Town Hall or by calling either Elaine (07891 196199) Olwen (07814 708869) or Richard (07793 943361). Due to a technical difficulty the main phone line is not working and we are unable to process card payments at the moment however if you are calling the box office we will reserve your tickets until a time that we can arrange to take payments. Thank you.

Yeah I managed to get through on Monday to the 3rd number I tried, they took my details except of course by bank ones and said the tickets have been reserved and they will get back in touch for payment when its sorted which should hopefully be in the next week.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest NicolaJayne

Hope you and Maria and others that are going to see Gareth at Wednesbury have a great time tomorrow night and don't forget to tell us all about it, would be lovely if you manage a few pics and videos. Is this the first of the Tour where Gareth is playing his instruments.

Had a fabulous time last night. Gareth was as flawless as ever and he sang more of his own songs this time. I can't remember all of them or in what order but roughly. Started with Sunshine, then Hold On Tight, After those two I can't remember the order, but he sang Say It Isn't So, Listen To My Heart, Can't Believe Its Over, Anyone Of Us, Free, Angel On My Shoulder, Stay, What My Heart Wants To Say, Sentimental Unchained Melody (which was the crowds favourite going by the applause) .. I'm sure I've missed some out, but maybe someone else will remember the others. He then, encouraged everyone to get up and party and then went on to sing some of his usual cover songs like Livin' On A Prayer, Your Sex Is On Fire,,Don't Stop Me Now, Spirit in the Sky and finished with Gravity for the encore.

He was a true professional last night. One girl snuck up to the stage which was raised quite high and was taking pictures of him from down below. When Gareth finally spotted her he started to laugh but managed to carry on singing. One of the security men came out to take her off, but Gareth said No, leave her she's ok. Several others did similar later on and he was doubled up with laughter. Don't know how he managed to keep going as everyone in the audience by this time were laughing at the girls and his attempt to keep a straight face,

They ran a raffle to win among other things a meet and greet with Gareth and a selfie taken with him. We bought some tickets but then found out if you won you'd have to get up on stage to claim the prize. Both Yvonne and myself then decided in the unlikely event we won we'd pass our ticket on to someone else. Yvonne choose her daughter and I decided I'd pass mine on to SarahJane who was there with Maria and Andrea. Hayley and her mum were also there as was Sadie who used to be on the old OS. She'd not seen Gareth for over five years as she'd been having her two children. Also saw Linda from here.

I didn't video any of the first part of the gig, but I did record the end bit where everyone went up to the stage. Led I might add by Sharon (sugarboxgirl). I'll post a link up when I manage to get it on Youtube.

As there'd been the raffle to meet Gareth we didn't think we'd get to see him at all after, but the compare informed us he would be meeting anyone who wanted after the show, where he had posters on sale for signing with proceeds going to the McGuire Program. Paul was there with him at the signings and he was as always so appreciative of everyone's support for Gareth even after all these years.

Great end to a great evening.

No he didn't Heather. I think that was going to be on the tour which was postponed until November so we have that to look forward to.

Edit:

Sorry Heather, I seem to have messed up your post when I tried to quote it.