Sheer Hard Work Topic!

eternal

Admin do you think we could have just this one topic in Gareth news whilst our new visitors arrive because they will not know what hard work has gone on behind the scenes to allow us all to have the luxury of another sanctuary for Gareth Gates. A more mature board where perhaps we can express our opinion a little more freely, a board that includes culture and suchlike but most of all a board that moves quickly. We realise that this is not in place of ggates but to work alongside.

To all our new arrivals it started with an idea, it was researched and then acted upon. That was the easy bit!

Then the hard work began!

If you only knew the hours that have been spent trying this, trying that, pressing this, pressing that, twiddling this, twiddling that till eventually we have this fine board for us all to use.

We thank you admin for your hard work. It is very much appreciated.

Edits to say that when I said admin I should have mentioned all helpers as well. It surely was a joint effort.

I would like to thank everyone who has been involved in the hard work of putting this board together and getting it up and running.

It's wonderful to have a place to go to have good discussions and I am very grateful.

It takes nothing away from the official board it just enhances the whole Gareth fanship experience.

Thanks everyone.

Love Jill xx :)

We are very aware we do not want to take anything away from the Official Boards as it is important there is a healthy community there to keep posting the news for visitors who find that link on CDs or in magazines or from a search engine. But unfortunately the community has become eroded because it's such hard work to post anything. People struggle on to read, then go away again fed-up and the number of people contributing has been deminishing. These are not people going off Gareth, it's people who are fed-up.

We can't make the ggates boads work, but we can provide a place where people can have the interesting debates we've been lacking on ggates and if people join in here and we can get a decent community going, some of that will filter back onto ggates.

I'd like to add my special thanks to Admin. I couldn't get on here and contribute as I would have liked to but hopefully I'll be able to add a certain je ne sais quoi in the future - when I've got the hang of all the technology. I'll then hope to raise the tone a bit - or maybe even lower it! :D

I want to say thank you for my lovely avatar, after having all the trouble i did in trying and trying and posting hundreds of crying smillies I have a beautiful avatar of the most beautiful man ever.

Great to be up and running so to speak - Welcome everyone :D

Hi from me too! The boards look great and thanks to everyone for getting them up and running! It's really good to think there will be some fast boards for when Gareth comes back. I haven't forgotten the ggates boards going down when the tour had just started this year! So frustrating! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NicolaJayne

Well Done, to everyone involved with this site,but it will take time for me to understand how things work on here as it is much different to ggates. :o

I still feel more at home on ggates because I am so used to it, but its infuriating when things come to a standstill and blank pages come up. :angry:

So I hope to still see everyone over there too.

I am a creature of habit :lol:

I think thats one of the good things about having these boards. It's like a back up if GG has problems or goes slow. When I am on GG and waiting for the pages to come up I read or post on here, so it's very handy.

Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to create and put together

this site. I haven't a clue how much knowledge is needed only that it seems

to me to be a massive piece of work to take on. I have very few computer

related skills, having avoided them for years and then reluctanly giving in

when my job dictated I must. At the moment I am navigatging my way around

but I am finding the boards very clear and user friendly :D

I agree with the frustration caused by ggates boards, its a pity that we were

not given consistant feedback about the cause of the problems. The boards after

all haven't been around that long. as I think I joined shortly after the old ones were replaced. However as they are Gareth's Official Boards I beleive it important

to maintain a presence on there also , but it is great to be able to come on here

too as you appear to be encouraging some lively and pertinent debates.

Thanks again I look forward to my time on here. :D

Nice comments Moondance.

There is no risk that people who are on here won't continue to be on GG. It is really important to keep them going and well used, but as a back up, and a place to have maybe a different sort of and level of discussion and debate - these are fabbie.

And won't it be great to have somewhere to go when GG boards go down :D

As a newbie may I say thankyou to everyone who has worked so hard to provide this nice and friendly site.

I will keep visiting and posting on ggates because it's most important to ensure it keeps on going as it is the official site.