• 1 month later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I have just revisited this thread and it has made me cry😢. Just bought it all back what we have gone(and are still) going through.

As we enter the Second Lockdown it is just a reminder to try and support as many small businesses as possible, to see them through these lean difficult times.

This is a link which was posted previously for Independent Book Shops Hive Most operate click and collect services too.

In Greater Manchester we have had local lockdown since the end of July, then Tier 3, now national lockdown. Haven't been able to have friends in the garden, meet up for meals or coffee unless in an outside  public area, I don't think people in other places realise how hard it has been for us. I am worried that a lot of our local small businesses won't survive 😢

Wow that is an awful long time. Just to say I am sure everyone appreciates your sacrifices in helping to 'get on top of' 'flatten the curve' or whatever saying they are using to bring the virus under control.

I personally think we need to help small businesses as much as we possibly can, even if just buying a take away coffee as we pass. We need to give them some positiviety to know we will be there when they return.

We have been trying to support our local independent shops and the last few weeks went out for meals several times to the smaller restaurants as we thought they might be closing them again. So hoping that they can reopen in December otherwise many more will fail😢

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone not watching The Crown, Strictly or I'm A Celeb this puzzle company have some amazing jigsaw puzzles.

SEE HERE for Jigsaws that are handmade for your personal Post Code. While they may be a bit pricey they are the perfect gift for those families that have it all(or who are difficult to buy for). They come in a nice presentation box too.

Agree. I am in tier 3. Feel like apart from when we were allowed garden visits it’s been like that all the way through.  Feel safer keeping in touch with family via Skype. Walking across to my sister with supplies.Passing them over outside the building. Shopping on the net. 
🙏 there is light at the end of the tunnel.

• 3 weeks later...

At W.I. the committee of 10 have a rota of 4or 5 people every week, we ring the members on our lists to have a chat and see if all is well so we can help. If anyone has any problems between chats they are told to ring the president who will try herself to help if not find someone who can.There are several members who live on there own with no family near. We  have been doing this since last March, everyone says how much they appreciate the phone call.