Coronavirus Pandemic/Self isolating, working from home etc etc

eternal

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please let us not forget people who's birthdays are during this isolated time too. 🎂

If you are still wanting to send card there is a lovely range online HERE  Both cards and envelopes are of lovely quality ( I can verify this).

To order stamps online looks like Viking Direct are the best option. With delivery for a book of 12- 2nd  class stamps it works out 94p per stamp. Whilst this may seem a lot of money it could make an enormous difference to someone's birthday. (There is free delivery of orders of £30 or more so contacting neighbours (by phone) to see if they need any stamps could let you take advantage of this offer. All exchanges of stamps and of money could be done by pushing envelopes through each other's letterbox, with no need for any contact.

There is always face timing singing Happy Birthday too.

This is what one street did to one little girl who's birthday it was (You will need your tissues 😢)SEE HERE

So glad you like them. I think they are lovely quality (and I am fussy about cards)

I met the couple(husband and wife) at a show they were exhibiting at in Malvern.  She does all the artwork and he does the rest (packing boxes etc)!!

I have to say all the other items wrapping paper, mugs etc are all of very good quality too.

The verdict on if wearing masks makes a difference is out. However this article HERE  Researchers from University of Oxford confirm:

Research on how well various types of masks and face coverings varies but, recently, and in light of the pandemic of COVID-19, experts are increasingly leaning toward the notion that something is better than nothing. 

A University of Oxford study published on March 30 concluded that surgical masks are just as effective at preventing respiratory infections as N95 masks for doctors, nurses and other health care workers. 

It's too early for their to be reliable data on how well they prevent infection with COVID-19, but the study found the thinner, cheaper masks do work in flu outbreaks. 

I definitely agree that something is better than nothing.

Here is how you can make your own.

26735798-8179823-image-a-1_1585847646991

Yes saving us a fortune too! I must say it's something I am missing on our morning walk and sad to walk past the cafes and seeing them closed. 😞I just hope they are all still in business when things get back to normal. 👍

As the Easter Holiday begins and people are off work The Guardian give their guide to staying in touch with family and friends via technology

The Pros and Cons of them all 👍

Also there is always image.jpeg

It's great fun to book your calls in your diary too. If you usually meet Dave in a bar then book an evening phone call with G & T 🍸in hand. If it's coffee with Gina then afternoon call with cup of tea/coffee☕ in hand. Makes it all the more an experience (and fills the diary too)