Gareth Winning Another Asia Award?

Khelda

I just seen this post of cutiebonny on gg:

I haven't been to the forum for a long time, I don't know if anyone mentioned it before... Gareth got the best international male singer in CCTV MTV Music Awards 2004 (China), which was held in this July. Congratulations! He has a great success in Asia this year...

Haha, I just saw it on there too (on email, boards too slow to keep checking). Just as well I'm slow. :P

Excellent news and it's great he could get over to China, even if it was for a few days to consolodate that. I had wondered if it's a waste for Gareth not to do more promotion in Asia off the back of his MTV win as he's hardly spent any time there compared with most artists, and could use it to become much more established. Hopefully he did some local press while he was out there.

I'm not sure that China is part of the MTV awards. I think they have their own MTV (please someone correct me if I am wrong).

The dates don't tally either. I wonder if he went to the ceremony?

Overlapped you. All too fast. :P

I'm not sure if China is part of MTV Asia, but the different parts of MTV Asia have their own awards too. Remember, last year Gareth got the Best Newcomer from MTV Taiwan.

However MTV China fits in with MTV Asia, it's a different award and great news. China has quite a small music industry at the moment, but it is really growing, and if he can get his foot in now, he could do very well as it expands. There is potentially a massive market. :)

Damn BMG. They really are hopeless. they should be shouting this sort of thing from the rooftopI have found MTV chinas web site here

but oddly enough its all in Chinese :P so I can't search for info on the awards

Found loads of other sites that mention the awards. these were the 6th annual event run by MTV and CCTV and they were held on 24th July. They were voted for by the Chinese public - but can't find a list of the winners yet

Oh have only been away for one evening and something else exciting has happened. Oh how good is this board??

Well done Gareth.

Wonder why BMG are shouting this from the rooftops. Lets hope all his awards are listed on his new album.

The newspapers etc. I contacted asking for details of Gareth in China do you think it is worth a follow up to tell them the reason why?

Yet another reason to feel snubbed by BMG. I honestly do not understand why they feel that fans in the UK would not be interested in this news, and why they don't put this sort of thing on the board, it is a damm shame. Has anyone contacted BMG re: this latest lapse in their responsibilities?

Well all i will say is well done Gareth :D

And he did it without our help too B) seeing as we didnt even know about this award :angry:

BMG are their usual secretive selves :ph34r: fancy thinking they could keep this news a secret from us for long!!!!! dont they realise Gareth has fans all over the world and eventually we would find out .

BMG know that Gareth is an international star ,and why they dont publicise these awards in this country is beyond me!!!!! im sure my cat could do a better job of Gareths promotion than them.

I hope that BMG use these facts to promote Gareth when he releases his new material if not why not

Good evening my friends - well I'm proud and pleased that my 'maiden post' is to congratulate the gorgeous one on another well deserved award. I sure last year he got an award from China, if my poor old memory serves me well it had the word 'King' in the title because I remember thinking how apt!

Like the rest of you, I cannot understand why BMG do not promote just how well Gareth is received out in Asia. To my mind he must be the biggest selling Western Male artist this year don't you think?

hi sentimentalgal you arrived safely lol :D

i also remember hearing about gareths award last year but such a lot has happened since then i have forgotten what it was too :blink:

its an age thing for me im afraid :rolleyes: