Gareth Flies To Indonesia

Perisa

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very brill indeed. Thanks for telling us. :D :D :D

And :o about the News page being updated. LMAO it's taken until almost midnight for anyone to notice. :blink:

He's such a superstar, and we know this is a subject he's got to know well. So proud.

Just found this on the MTV Indonesia site. :)

http://www.mtvasia.com/News/200411/26011416.html

Gareth does so much for good causes without any fanfare or publicity. God bless him.

Nice of ggates to let us know in advance for a change before we find out about it after the event from one of our members.

Thanks for the Link Snowdrop.

They all appear to be local artists except for Gareth.

Slightly off topic. Does anyone remember a magazine article in an eastern European mag. ?Polish last year sometime when Gareth responded to very personal questions handing out excellent safe sex advice?

I wonder if the fight against HIV/AIDs is something that he has decided to support in a very major way.

OMG! I am proud to the extent that I can barely type! Thanks for the link Snowdrop - loving that he gets an exclamation mark at the end of the relevant sentence on the blurb :) :

Gareth Gates will also perform at this concert!

Oh, God I love him. Let's hope our Asian friends are all geared up and ready to help us enjoy this event :)

Just found this on the MTV Indonesia site.

Thanks Snowdrop for finding that. Just shows how much Gareth is held in high regard with the one sentence statement -

Gareth Gates will also perform at this concert!

Brilliant.

Don't tempt me!

I've added it to the calendar on here too. I love that we have something to look forward to - even if it's on another continent (for most of us) and may not even be televised. Let's hope that there is at least some local news coverage that someone will record and upload etc. :)

What brilliant news, and I am so proud of Gareth.

And I am pleased we heard the news before the event, lets hope its a sign how it will continue.

And you are so right Snowdrop, the people in Indonesia missed out unfortunately when Gareth was touring in Asia, this time they will see him.

And I have no doubt this event will be televised in Asia too.

Good on you Gareth, I love you too. :D

And I have no doubt this event will be televised in Asia too.

Indeed. From Snowdrop's link:

Also, watch the MTV Staying Alive Music Summit on December 31 - 8pm, A repeat telecast will be aired on January 2, 2005 – 8.05 pm, January 8 – 3 pm, January 13 – 11 pm, January 22 – 11.30 pm.

How lucky are they???

This is brilliant news and indeed an event that is very appropriate for Gareth

to support given his involvement with Body and Soul. I am so proud of him , he

gives so much of himself and doesn't ever seek attention or publicity for these

events. The priority for him is the cause that he will be supporting. He will love

to be performing again and I am wondering whether he will include any of his new

material. Roll on the weekend when we will get some more news. The people of Indonesia are in for a real treat - wish we could all be there :D:D

What fantastic news this is i am so very proud of Gareth :D

Good for bmg to put this news up too :o before the event for a change, well its a step in the right direction :P long may it continue :D

OK. I've calmed down enough now to be able to think a little more clearly. Do you think this:

Also, watch the MTV Staying Alive Music Summit on December 31 - 8pm, A repeat telecast will be aired on January 2, 2005 – 8.05 pm, January 8 – 3 pm, January 13 – 11 pm, January 22 – 11.30 pm.

... means we won't get to see any of it until then??? :unsure:

I think its great that Gareth has the time this year to be able perform at this charity event. This is exactly what Gareth has always said he wanted to do - help the sick and the hurting.

I'm also very proud that Gareth appears to be the only western artist appearing - what very good taste those people in Asia have! :P

I'm pleased but amazed that the News page has been updated in advance of this event. Lets hope this is just the start of BMG and 19 management giving Gareth their full and proper support!

Wonderful news. This really feels like a cause close to his heart - and how special to be the only western artist there ( as far as I can tell)

Now who do we know in Indonesia and how do we get hold of the TV footage?

PS Well bloomin' done BMG for telling us in advance. I wonder how that came about?

I am so happy to read the brilliant Gareth news this morning,that Gareth is flying out to Indonesia this weekend to take part in a Charity Event for MTV Indonesia to educate re.HIV/Aids.

It is great that the News Page on GG has actually been updated to tell us about Gareth's involvment in this charity event overseas.

Thanks for the link Snowdrop,showing us that Gareth is performing.I am very proud of Gareth :)

I need to go to bed early more often, if this is what happens.

So proud of Gareth and what he's doing.

It's lovely for his fans in Indonesia, that missed out this year, hope there all able to go.

Well Maggie if it's that long before transmission, we have time to get organised how we are going to tape it. :unsure:

that is brilliant news indeed!

i am so so proud of Gareth. He really helps out others without bragging about it. he should be an Ambassador of Goodwill :)

Snowdrop does this mean this is the evnt that Gareth will attend and that those dates that it will be telecast? i ahvet got any oxygen in my brain at the moment lol... just got home from working night shift :rolleyes:

if these are the dates, i will ask my sister in the Philippines to keep an eye on the cable channels for they might show it. so fingers crossed for that.

Anyone fancying chartering a GPG mini-plane to Indonesia for a New Year jolly? :lol:

It is a bit of a wait, but by the look of things that's a prestige time-slot, which indicates the importance of it. And I'll go back to my initial thinking that there is bound to be some coverage of it on their MTV News.

Edits because I missed Songbird: Yes, that's the date the concert is actually on tv as far as I can tell.

Just read this on the site too. Do you think that's why they asked Gareth to come and be present on that event because he was voted for Inspirational Award i think in 2003?... or maybe they will give him another award?

Singapore/Hong Kong - In recognition of World AIDS Day on December 1, 2004, MTV channels worldwide will premiere global and local programming and Public Service Announcements (PSAs) in a major global commitment to continuing the fight against HIV/AIDS. In Asia, MTV has developed a wide range of on and off-air activities to mark World AIDS Day and address the issues most pertinent to the region. In addition to creating PSAs across the region, MTV will be staging an inaugural Staying Alive concert in Indonesia on December 4, 2004. For the first time ever, the INSPIRATION AWARD at the 2005 MTV Asia Awards on February 5, 2005 will be presented to either an individual or organisation that has made a positive contribution towards the HIV/AIDs cause in Asia.

"With HIV infection rates continuing to increase dramatically among young people and especially girls, MTV Asia is committed in the fight against HIV/AIDs. Through global and local initiative, we look to breaking the complacency and stigma associated with HIV/AIDs and empower youth with vital information to protect themselves," said Natasha Malhotra, Vice President, Channel Content and Creative, MTV Networks Asia.

Bill Roedy, President of MTV Networks International and UNAIDS Ambassador added, "We challenge other broadcasters to join with us to increase the impact of the Staying Alive campaign and help to spread vital prevention messages to audiences worldwide by airing this programming rights and cost free. HIV/AIDS is the defining moral issue of today, and it is remains a priority at MTV to not only raise more awareness among youth but to engage other companies in the fight against this pandemic."

Song bird, I dont think this award will go to Gareth. It says it will go to someone who has done lots for the HIV cause in Asia.

Gareth has helped here in the UK with Body and Soul, but that is only a small charity.

I think they just asked Gareth because he is a star in Asia (he is a STAR anyhow)

and they probably know he likes to help in such causes.

I hope it will be shown on the TV in the Philipines, so that we might be able to see footage. Thank your sister in advance for her help. :D

hello Khelda :)

well aim just pushing my luck for Gareth lol

anyhow i am just happy that he will be there and it's such a worthy cause.

hopefully they will show it in the Philippines so fingers crossed i did had a look at the schedule but then it doesnt show the december bit yet.