Gareth Gates Joins Stiles & Drewe Concert Line-up

Thanks Yes it was an amazing night which I won't for get for Gareth really blew me away. The whole show was fantastic too was laughing my head of most of the night.

Hi Suzie. It was nice to meet up with you in the lift. Quite a coincidence we all arrived back at the hotel at the same time.

That was exactly the same for us. It took us hours to come back down after such a brilliant evening.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Gareth was bloody fantastic, far exceeding any expectation. (In fact I don't know what I expected).

He played the part like a true pro and loved every minute of it. He received a great reception from the crowd and indeed a bit of 'whooping' from the guy sat next to me. The guy worked in theatre and was there to see some of his favourites. He admitted he was interested to see how Gareth would perform, adding that he knew he had a good voice :wub: but would tell us at the end of the performance, his honest opinion.(not sure if I was more nervous about Gareth's performance or this guy's "honest" opinion). His Verdict - "really, really good" - "honest" :hyper: .

I needn't have been nervous of Gareth's performance and the guy's opinion was most certainly a bonus.

Lovely to see you Suzy4Gareth.

What a co-incidence that 5 strangers should get in a lift, all clutching the same programme from the same show and all supporting Gareth.

We'll talk more when we all go to see this show in the West End, with Gareth playing Robbie. :hyper:

He played the part like a true pro and loved every minute of it. He received a great reception from the crowd and indeed a bit of 'whooping' from the guy sat next to me. The guy worked in theatre and was there to see some of his favourites. He admitted he was interested to see how Gareth would perform, adding that he knew he had a good voice but would tell us at the end of the performance, his honest opinion.(not sure if I was more nervous about Gareth's performance or this guy's "honest" opinion). His Verdict - "really, really good" - "honest" .

thanks Eternal, I just love to read these kind of reports. Brilliant. :frantics:

thanks Eternal, I just love to read these kind of reports. Brilliant. :frantics:

That man was very informed about the theatre, so it was great to get such a good opinion of Gareth from him. I did ask him if he was just saying it because he knew we were fans of his, but he insisted that was what he really thought :thumbsup:

Lovely detailed report Elaine! As you can see, I'm home, so am now going to post mine.

The day started badly for me as on the way up th M2 it started to rain, and this obviously held up the traffic. I picked up Amy, and got back on, but by now, the traffic was even worse. We had to queue for ages to get through the tunnel, and then there were hold ups all the way along the M25. I arrived late and very flustered at Elaine's, and then we stiil had to get the train into London.

We arrived quite late, and I was very amused to see that there was a very small foyer, and as we had arranged to meet people there, it was a bit like sardines in a tin!

I was greeted there by a lady from Wales, I don't know her name, but I met her at Asda at Bristol last year, and she had come all the way especially to see Gareth. She isn't on the boards, but she is an avid fan. I also saw Khelda, Val and Chris, very briefly. Hope you had a good time guys!

I was a bit fidgety in the first half, as I really wanted to see Gareth, and he certainly didn't disappoint! As others have said, he sang beautifully, he performed and danced, and his acting was superb. He knows just how to capture the audience, and they laughed at his funny bits, and applauded his singing with gusto. I had been a little bit worried that these were a different type of audience, and how would they receive him.? I needn't have worried. Gareth as usual, showed his star quality, and I'm sure there must have been some people there who were surprised to find that there is a lot more to Gareth than just being a pop singer. Not that I'm criticising that, I'm just saying that whatever he takes on, he goes on proving that his talents are never ending.

We arrived at the party just before Gareth, and as we had a card and birthday present to give him, we waited just inside the door. Suzanne arrived first, and I was delighted to meet her, as Val says, she is even more beautiful close to. I said to her how amazing he had been, and she agreed!

When Gareth came, everyone flung their cameras at me and asked me to take their pics with Gareth. I did, but after a while I said I hoped it would be my turn in a minute. Gareth said " Of course!" and he put his arm around me for the shot, but that is when Elaine's camera gave up the ghost, and then he had to go. I can't tell you how gutted I was, but the only compensation was I got an extra long time with Gareth's arm around me whilst she tried to get her camera to work.

Elaine and Amy were lucky enough to get another shot with him later, but sadly I didn't know about that, as I was sitting with Ann because I didn't want to leave her on her own.

I just wanted to add that when Gareth first arrived, I ran up to him and told him he had been fantastic. He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, and thanked me, and I could see how happy and buoyant he was, which made me very happy, as I had been very nervous for him earlier.

Also when he was lined up with Elaine and Amy for a shot, a lady from the newspaper said to me. " Why don't you get in there with them, and I'll take you too."

Of course, my feet didn't touch the ground, so I was in one photo, but when we asked her later which one, she said it might not be published any way, because of the wedding being so soon.

In conclusion I just want to say, that once again, Gareth has done himself, and his fans, proud. In my eyes he remains the star he was born to be!

I ran Ann to the station this morning, and was pleased to hear she had got safely on her train home. Our journey back passed virtually without any hitches.

It was lovely to see Andrea, Sarajane, and Maria. We left you waiting to see Gareth, guys. Hope you did. Our taxi was waiting. Andrea, I hope the pic I took of you with the Tracy Beaker man came out ok, as it was very dark in there.

That man was very informed about the theatre, so it was great to get such a good opinion of Gareth from him. I did ask him if he was just saying it because he knew we were fans of his, but he insisted that was what he really thought :thumbsup:

He was Val. He was eagerly awaiting the Mary Poppins girls as he had seen all three perform singularly, and was desperate to see them perform together. He only had the highest admiration,acclaim and whatever other theatrical descriptive words he could use for Leanne Jones, hence the nervousness of his opinion of Gareth .

Lovely report Gatesgal.

I also saw Khelda, Val and Chris, very briefly. Hope you had a good time guys!

We certainly did. Nice to briefly say hello too.

Thank you all for your brilliant reports, they're great to read :smile:

So Gareth is a star in the theatre too, there is nothing this guy can't do :heart:

It means alot to those of us who couldn't be there, to know how it all went, lets hope Gareth will get a part in a musical and I'll be down to see him somehow.

Thanks again everyone :thumbsup:

Travelled to London from Manchester Sunday morning,checked into hotel which was beautiful just 5 mins walk from the theatre.

On arriving at the theatre we met several fans in the foyer, lovely to meet you all ,nice also to put faces to names of the people I hadn't met before. Suzanne was also in the foyer collecting her tickets,when we said how nervous for Gareth we were,she smiled and said "oh! he'll be fine"

I enjoyed the 1st part of the show it was brilliant and funny I was able to relax knowing Gareth wasn't on till the 2nd half.

Why!! was I worried I should have known better Gareth was superb his voice, was and still is beautiful.He was nervous to begin with,he came on towards the end of the 1st song,then when he had finished Leanne gave his hand a squeeze, turned to him and smiled.The whole 5 song set went far to quick,the facial expressions Gareth gave when the crowd whooped during his raunchy dancing, was hilarious, he was so proud of himself.Gareth acted and sang all these songs in his own unique way,I'm sure this is the right musical direction for him to go.

What I liked most about being in a theatre and Gareth singing,was a silent audience,and being able to hear the quality and tones of Gareth's beautiful voice.

When the show finished we went round to the stage door. As usual Gareth was last out (rofl),he signed my programme then I moved away.Suzanne was waiting in the crowd,I said how much I'd enjoyed Gareth'performance and mentioned his dancing,she laughed and said "Yes! he'll be better than me in a bit."

When we went into the aftershow party,Gareth was outside on one knee with his bag on the floor looking through it, saying to Suzanne "Have I got them? (rofl)(tickets)

Thank you to you all for your lovely reports.

Also thank you for the link to the photos.

I think Andrew was one of the finalists in Joseph. Am I right and one of the girls was a finalist in the Sound of Music.

I think it must be quite tough for them all trying to find good parts. It isn't an easy life but for those who are successful it must a great life. Hope Gareth is successful as he deserves to be.

Thanks for your reports, I really love them. I'm glad you all had a great time in the show and in the party.

Can't believe Gareth lost his tickets. :laugh:

I will be away for a few days. I'll miss writing on these boards :smile:

Just back from my holidays and catching up on last weekends show. Thanks to everyone for posting reports and it is good to hear all had a great time and that Gareth was a success :smile: It seems Gareth has made a good impression on the theatre world and surely it is only a matter of time before he stars in a west end show. After seeing how well he did I I wonder if Gareth will be offered a role in this new musical?

Hope Gareth has recorded the songs he performed so that we can all get to hear them.

Thanks for your report Doris, glad you had a lovely time :smile:

This bit made me smile :smile:

When we went into the aftershow party,Gareth was outside on one knee with his bag on the floor looking through it, saying to Suzanne "Have I got them? (rofl)(tickets)

:laugh: Bless him :heart:

Just back from my holidays and catching up on last weekends show. Thanks to everyone for posting reports and it is good to hear all had a great time and that Gareth was a success :smile: It seems Gareth has made a good impression on the theatre world and surely it is only a matter of time before he stars in a west end show. After seeing how well he did I I wonder if Gareth will be offered a role in this new musical?

Hope Gareth has recorded the songs he performed so that we can all get to hear them.

I hope you had a good holiday.

When Gareth was asked if he would get the part in the musical, he apparently said : Maybe but its a long way off before the musical is ready for production, so who knows? He might be in it?

I think we have to wait and see which other projects Gareth has this year. :D

omg how exciting have many of u got tickets? x

• 1 month later...