Our favourite GYOW tracks

Snowdrop

As this was very popular, and information we'd like to save I thought I'd copy across the results of the top 12 tracks from GYOW from Baldyman's poll.

1= Absolutely

1= Foolish

3 SIIS

4 ACO

5 Sunshine

6 Listen to My Heart

7= Enough of Me

7= Freak My Baby

9 Groove With Me

10 Skeletons

11 GYOW

12 Club Hoppin'

Voting and commentary from Baldyman as below:

31 Absolutely

31 Foolish

30 SIIS

29 ACO

27 Sunshine

26 LTMH

25 Enough of ME

25 Freak My Baby

23 Groove With Me

22 S*******s

21 GYOW

20 Club Hoppin'

---------------------

18 Soul affection

12 Just Say Yes

12 Lies

8 It Happens Every Time

7 Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

7 SITS

5 Too Soon To Say Goodbye

Summary: The positions in general reflect what appears to be the main consensus, that the Night CD is preferred to the Day - the top 12 are split 8 to 4 in favour of Night and the bottom 4, which are well off the pace, all come from Day. However, it isn't all bad news for the Day CD, as it has 2 from the top 3 and 3 from the top 6.

Since increasing the choices from 10 to 12 the only significant mover has been LTMH, which has gone from 10 to 6.

It is no surprise to me that Absolutely is at the top of the list, though Foolish shares that spot, which might surprise some. Perhaps these 2 should be a double A side release? ACO, which is supposedly the next release has also faired well, though I still remain unconvinced about its suitability as the next single (I'm in the minority here).

As listed here and here.

I can never understand Absolutely being a favourite track. I must admit to skipping it(dont like the introduction).

However 'absolutely' love Foolish and think if he had have released this as a single it would have been very well received.

In hindsight am really glad that they didnt release All Cried out as a single. I love it but think it a little insipid for a single.

its got to be Foolish for me ( but my comments about that will need to be in free speech lol :rolleyes: ) followed by Groove with me, Freek my baby, and of course the beautiful Listen to my heart, aaawwww gorgeous !!!!!! :D

Its a hard question - but Foolish is IMO the perfect pop tune and I never get tired of it.

I also :wub: Just say Yes, Groove with Me, Freak my Baby. ACO and Club Hoppin'

In fact if they had put Foolish on the night CD and left off Soul Affection it would have been the perfect album ever ever ever for me :wub::wub:

and left off Soul Affection

Don't let Hazel hear you say that. :unsure:

I adore Foolish too, and have done from early days. It annoys me it's on the Day CD as it would fit better on Night, and is probably the only reason I bother with Day. There are other songs on Day I like, but it's the only one that makes me put it on.

The song that has been the biggest grower for me is Freak My Baby. I liked it to start with, but it's definitely benefitted from repeated listens. :wub:

my favourite tracks are ACO & FREAK MY BABY, I love all the tracks on the night cd. on the day cd i have to say i only ever listen to foolish & SIIS i've never been very keen on the others, i don't think his voice sounds anywhere near as strong & soulful as it does on the night tracks.

I really love Foolish. I quite like Club Hoppin' and Freak My Baby as well, and Absolutely...

I don't like Soul Affection much, and I always, always skip Spirit in the Sky but that's probably just as a result of having heard it a million times before the album came out. :rolleyes: It's probably the one song that I really dislike off of any of his albums. :ph34r:

I agree with you though Snowdrop, Foolish should have been on the Night CD. Most definately.

I really love Foolish. I quite like Club Hoppin' and Freak My Baby as well, and Absolutely...

I don't like Soul Affection much, and I always, always skip Spirit in the Sky but that's probably just as a result of having heard it a million times before the album came out. :rolleyes: It's probably the one song that I really dislike off of any of his albums. :ph34r:

I agree with you though Snowdrop, Foolish should have been on the Night CD. Most definately.

Aghhh Vicky a girl after my own heart :D

i also think Spirit in the Sky should have been either left out altogether or it should have been the clean version ,Spirit in the Sky was a fantastic charity record of that there is no doubt :D and it raised millions for charity (well almost lol) but when it was used to promote the album along with Sunshine well i dispair :o

Foolish should have been on the night cd i think then we could have had all the best ones on one cd :D

and i just love Foolish :D the vocal range is fantastic . but i do wonder how he got to reach those very high notes :rolleyes:

I agree with everything you've just said there. I love all those songs and have the same concerns about SITS. It was great for what it was and I still enjoy it - but it just doesn't sit well on the album in that format and it's not a song to promote an album.

I agree too, it was stupid to put sits on the album, apart from everything else it was out 6 month before sunshine. It should have been just for charity.

I always listen to skeleton, foolish, siis and lies from the day cd, on night i love all of them in various degrees.

My all time favorite has to be Foolish I absolutely love it. I never fail to get a thrill when he goes really high towards the end.

I played it for my friend last week she had´nt heard it before and she was gobsmacked to say the least she went away saying he was fantastic and she was going to get the album for herself. I was quite pleased with myself for making her listen. :D:D:D

I know it´s not a popular choice but I like SITS gets me going in the morning with the hoover. :P:P

Apart from that the night c.d. is the one I like best.I always thought it was a mistake to release two c.ds together one would have been much better. Apart from anything else a double album made it very expensive to buy and came across consumer resistance from the start.A mistake I hope they don´t repeat.

;););)

• 2 weeks later...

If it hadn't been for the well publicised difference of opinion between the two Simons [yet another one] :( there would only have been one cd which would have been much better.

I like Foolish and Gareth reached those top notes without any outside help ;).After all he is a trained tenor.

If only Night cd included Foolish,Skeletons,Listen To My Heart and moved Soul Affection to Day then Night would have sold on it's own merits.

• 3 weeks later...

putting SITS on the cd was silly as it would have been possible to include Foolish and or Skeletons thereby making an excellent album which would have stood on its own.