Gareth as Marius in Les Mis International tour

Floz

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am loving both those reports, especially this:

John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: "We are really excited to welcome Gareth Gates to the theatre to the first time. He has gained wide acclaim for his role as Joseph and his on-stage ability must have impressed Cameron Mackintosh, allowing him to win a part in such a major tour

Blimey, makes you realise that Gareth has done blooming well to get the part. :frantics:

Am loving both those reports, especially this:

Blimey, makes you realise that Gareth has done blooming well to get the part. :frantics:

Totall agree Chris! I'm so glad that Gareth has earned new respect, and got the credit he deserves for his brilliant and unique intrepretation of Joseph. As far as Musical theatre is concerned, i'm sure it's onwards and upwards for him! :heart: :heart:

Thankyou Khelda and Snowdrop for the information.

It's such exciting news about Gareth.It looks as if he will be on stage a lot.

I really enjoyed the Scotsman write-up.

This is the sort of stuff I am looking forward to in my local newpaper when Gareth visits next year:

A Playhouse spokeswoman said: "We are thrilled to have Les Misérables return to Edinburgh next year, it's a firm favourite and I'm sure that Gareth Gates will go down a storm the city."

(but obviously my home town mentioned :whistle:)

I am sure the local newspapers and radio stations will be wanting to meet with him too.

Thanks for posting the information. Great news that Gareth will be in Les Mis and this can only enhance his reputation the within musical theatre industry. The fact that he got Joseph and this role suggests he is impressing all the right people :smile:

It will be quite a challenge for Gareth to a do a seven month stint maybe more in a show that is moving all the country and overseas but a great experience. It will also be hard for Gareth to be away for Suzanne and Missy for long periods of time but that's part of life when you are on the road as an actor I guess.

Just to let anyone who wants tickets know that Sat 12th is sold out. I got the last 2 tickets, but had to phone up as all the online ones were gone.

Referring to Gazman's post, I wonder whether Gareth might take Suzanne and Missy with him?

Nice quote from Gareth there:

"Performing for someone of Cameron's stature was somewhat nerve-racking," said Gates.

"But it went really well and I got the part.

"I've never played The Playhouse before, but my experience of performing to any Scottish crowd has always been great. I look forward to being back there."

It seems as if he did audition directly for Cameron. :D

Thanks Heather, absolutely fantastic write up. :thumbsup:

One man who believes he will be perfect as Marius is Stifyn Parri, who played the role in the West End for two years from 1987.

“It’s a great choice as he has the qualities that Marius would need,” said Parri,

He has got a beautiful singing voice and I think that he’s good for the part physically as well as vocally.”
Parri says that while the role of Marius, which was initially played by Michael Ball, is not so physically challenging, it’s certainly vocally challenging.
Parri will be among the people watching the anniversary production, which opens in Cardiff on December 11.

I am lookin g forward to reviews from Parri once he watched the show. :D

That's a great report Heather. Thanks for finding it. Very rarely nowadays do you hear anyone say any other than that Gareth has a beautiful voice, but he didn't just say it once, he said it twice. Good to hear he thinks Gareth fits the part in other ways as well.

Its looking very good for Gareth in this production :thumbsup:

Thanks Heather.

Isn't it great to get so much positive stuff these days.

I'm sure there right about it bringing in a younger audiance, that wouldn't normally go to see this show.

I know for one, I might not be young but I wouldn't be going, if it wasn't for Gareth.

Aww. That's great. Good to get from someone who has played it previously. (Now what we want is a comment from Michael Ball!!)

Michael Ball was on This Morning last week talking about his experiences in musical theatre. I was hoping then he might mention Gareth, but it was just before his role as Marius was announced, although there had been rumours.

I did not really go to musicals until Gareth was in Joseph, and then I couldn't stay away! I don't know much about LM , but I am sure with Gareth and his beautiful singing voice, I will like it. :heart: