Les Mis reports - Manchester

Maggiemags

Obviously it's 'report' (singular) at the moment, but this thread will, no doubt, grow over the coming weeks!

Anyway - HUGE thanks to Jenjo for taking the time to text at the interval:

Absolutely fantastic. Everything is wonderful and Gareth is just fabulous. Running out of superlatives!

As if we expected anything else! :wink: :frantics: :hyper: :heart:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They have a competition to win some tickets too.

COMPETITION

For a chance to win a pair of top priced tickets to the final performance of Les Miserables at the Palace Theatre visit their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/PalaceAndOperaHouseManchester?ref=ts) and become a fan of PalaceAndOperaHouseManchester by 31st January 2010. A Winner will be picked at random from all fans listed on Monday 1st February 2010. The winner will then be contacted via Facebook. Tickets are non transferrable. No cash alternative available.

Many thanks to Jenjo for texting Maggie.

So good to hear Gareth is still brill!

I think Manchester is going to be a flurry of fans' reports. Isn't it all exciting?

I noticed on your link Val about the press night they speak about Gareth having rave reviews as Joseph :hyper:

Just arrived home after a fabulous, fantastic night. I have seen Les Miserables several times in Manchester and in London and it has always been my favourite musical by far. I was just a tiny bit apprehensive about whether I would mind some of the changes but I just loved every single minute of it. The whole cast is wonderful - I don't think I could find any weakness in it at all. The staging is beautiful, the music, the powerful emotion of it all... and as for Gareth, he was fantastic.

Quite apart from his beautiful voice, he more than holds his own and what a privilege for him to be working alongside John Owen Jones. I thought he was a great Marius, so handsome and sensitive. Before the performance I heard a man sitting behind me ( who had seen several other productions of Les Mis ) say he didn't think Gareth would be strong enough for the part - but at the interval I heard him say several times how impressed he was with Gareth and how he had suprised him at how good he was.

I think I can honestly say that it was the best show I have ever seen - I am lucky that I am going again in the last week here in Manchester and again in Salford. I can't wait.

Forgot to say they got a well deserved standing ovation. Will post any other bits as they come to me - my mind is still in a whirl!

Thanks Jenjo for taking the time to give us a report of your night. Its brilliant to hear that it all went well again and that people were impressed, especially with Gareth. (very important for us :D )

Looking forward to any more snippets you can think of. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your lovely report Jenjo. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Interesting to hear you thought it was the best production you've seen.

Gareth is still winning people over with his talent I see. Good to hear the man behind you was so impressed with his performance. :thumbsup:

Thanks Jenjo for your report,so pleased the cast got a standing ovation and Gareth managed to change the mind of the man sat behind you. :thumbsup: When we saw it in Cardiff,there was a teenage girl with her parents sat next to me,I remember the Mum saying to her daughter"Can't believe that was Gareth Gates,he was really good " :thumbsup:

I love reading all these reports they are fantastic,they make me feel happy and really emotional. :hyper:

Great report Jenjo - thank you.

I love that all these people are having to change their minds about him, it's somehow particularly pleasing when it's a man. Everyone has been so down on him for so, so long that it's just a joy to read of shifting perceptions on an almost daily basis. I'm planning on taking a before and after vote from the audience at the performances this weekend :wink:

Love it! Can we have a pie chart please?

I feel slightly smug each time someone expresses a change of heart, and how brilliant that it is happening pretty much every night these days. Eight times a week to be precise - and for all of the comments we overhear or read on websites like twitter, there will be many more telling their friends, out of our ear-shot! :wub:

My head has been buzzing all day. I just loved every moment and it all passed so quickly. The man behind me had obviously seen it several times and was giving his companion who hadn't seen it,the benefit of his opinions. He wasn't being particularly mean about Gareth - just didn't think he would be up to the job but at least he had the good grace to admit how wrong he was!

John Owen Jones was fantastic too and Gareth can only gain by working alongside such a great performer. I thought the whole cast were wonderful. I couldn't fault anyone. I don't know what the chap who wrote that review before criticising most of it was watching. All the leads were very strong. I loved the scenery and all the effects they used. Wish I could go again tomorrow!

Another convert :laugh:

EllieAntWarrior .....And i will never doubt Gareth gates he was a superb Marius!

36 minutes ago from txt

They had previously written

Omg! I've never seen anything so amazing in my life! I've grown up with the music but this is something else!

about 2 hours ago from txt