Les Mis reports - Manchester

Maggiemags

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting the scans of the beautiful pics from the brochure Doris . I got my brochure yesterday and I love it :smile:

I enjoyed the whole show it was fantastic , everyone taking part was great , but I was disappointed with Fantine , she just didn't do it for me , it was mainly her acting which I didn't like . All the people sitting near me were Les Mis fans who had seen the show before . The lady next to me said that Gareth was good in the part of Marius . I have never been to a show where everyone was sitting really still, not a movement as they were all enthralled with the show , I hardly dare get my sweets out . Is it rude to ask if of madam Thenardier's 'body' was her own ?

The songs are all still buzzing through my head today , I don't go again until August which seems a very long way away .

Thanks Doris and Val for the great scan of the paper, lovely that the paper is actually telling people the story, and using such a lovely photo of Gareth too.

Thanks Heather for your report, so pleased you loved the show too and that you are able to see it again. :thumbsup:

Couple more nice comments posted on Les Mis Facebook

Lesley Hurst was fantastic on sat in manchester but am i the only person in the world that didn't know that gareth gates was in it??? I was pleasantly surprised
Kate Sparkes No you wasnt lesley, i went on fri and had no idea that gareth gates was in it until i read the prog, but how fantastic was he

I had to laugh about these two:

Jasonendress Watch les miserables tonight and thought it was weird how much one of the actors looked like gareth gates.... that's because it was him doh!
SteAndKel Just watched Les Mis at the Palace Theatre (at work) in Manchester for about the 6th time. Only just realised Gareth Gates is the lead! lol! 1 day ago from web

:laugh:

Glad everyone who went had a fab time and enjoyed the show in Manchester.

Love the picture from the "Sale and Altrincham Messenger". Must admit to skimming the review (execpt for the Engaging Gareth bit) but can see from this picture why Katie Hall was handed the roll as Cosette. Her and Gareth match in stature (if that makes sense?? I think I know what I mean)!!

elly_0 Les Mis from the front row is amazing & met Gareth Gates again such a nice guy.. staying in a posh looking hotel now night night xx

about 8 hours ago from twibbl

barbaradaley Les Mis in Manchester tonight brilliant & Gareth Gates was excellent who'd have thought standing ovation at the end gotta love that show

about 9 hours ago from SimplyTweet

Some more feedback. :heart:

johnfotohouse Just back from watching Les Mis in Manchester .. Brilliant .. with a few laughs too! Loved the set and lighting .. I now see its popularity!

about 9 hours ago from yoono

and one of his friends

LenScapov Les Mis...exception production, brilliant lighting and wonderful set..could see it again and again....wow

about 9 hours ago from yoono

Katie_86 Loved Orchestra... V much fun - although I'm still singing Les Mis songs - altogether now "On my own" @Gareth_Gates is an amazing Marius

about 11 hours ago from web

followed by

Katie_86 @_emmajane_ he was fab as Marius in Les Mis. He didn't stand out as lacking in musical theatre training either. So bloody impressed

about 10 hours ago from web in reply to _emmajane_

milesey88

Waiting for Les Miserables to start, Marius being played by Gareth Gates... Lolwut?

about 13 hours ago from Twitterrific

@MikeShep Funilly enough, Annabel was the first to notice him, great performance from the whole cast though :)

about 10 hours ago from Twitterrific

Les Miserablès was amazing, the whole cast were perfect :) now for the trip back to Lancaster. Curses.

about 10 hours ago from Twitterrific

On the Palace Facebook wall

Jo Cardwell Still recovering from an AMAZING performance of Les Mis @ Palace last night! This is about the 8th time I have seen Les Mis and this is the best cast by far! John Owen-Jones was absolutely breathtaking, had us in floods of tears singing Bring Him Home... he is the best Jean Valjean I have ever seen. Gareth Gates was al...so brilliant, I had some concerns when I heard of him in the cast, however, he was absolutely brilliant, an absolute natural in theatre! Earl Carpenter was also an amazing Javert - Stars is one of my absolute all time favourites and he did it absolute justice! Wish we could go back and see it EVERY night! Still my favourite musical by far!!

about an hour ago

These are older, but I don't think I've seen them on here

Mo Forder Fab nite last nite at Les Mis, brilliant new staging and back drops, and Gareth was fantastic, best musical EVER !!!! will "The Lion King" be coming to Manchester in the near future ??

Thu at 7:11am

Emma Hartley Just been to see les mis 2nite at the palace and Gareth Gates is INCREDIBLE!!!! what an amazing performance by him and all the cast, loved it, want to go again, now!!

Thu at 3:39pm

Also on the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Tour Facebook wall: (Not sure if I need the the there?) <=== What about that one?! :pinch:

Joanne I went yesterday to the matinee, it was absolutly fantastic. The most emtional show i have ever seen, Gareth was great. Highly reccomended.

Yesterday at 12:09pm

I have just been engrossed in reading word for word all the wonderful reports and saving all the great pictures from you lovely people who have been to see Les Miserables.

I've waited almost 10 years to read such marvellous things said and written about Gareth.I've known how brilliant he is and what a marvellous voice he has ever since I first saw and met him before Pop Idol.That is when I first heard his beautiful classically trained voice.

I must say I'm envious of all of you who have seen or are going to see Gareth as Marius as it's unlikely I'll be able to go.

Altough it's just possible that if the show goes to the Barbican my son who lives down south may be able to take me.

After being engrossed in all your terrific reports and the snippets from twitter etc.,it would truly be worth wating for.I'm waiting for the CD with baited breath.

I'll be spending lots more time reading your reports for which I say a Sincere Thankyou.

Hi Frankie, lovely to see you post. I hope you will be able to see the show when it goes to London, better check the boards so that you can book as soon as the announcement is made. The tickets probably go quick.

I have not seen the show yet, have to wait until April.

But as you say its fantastic to read all the great reports and Gareth mentions. :thumbsup:

duke68012 LES MIS in Manchester was so good and GARETH GATES is babe - I'd climb his barracade anyday about 1 hour ago from web
KatieP321 ahhh its about to start!!! And just found out gareth gates is in it!!! Excited MUCH about 1 hour ago from mobile web
Betthhhh gareth gates sung to me last night...it was awsome :P about 6 hours ago from web

Had amazing time last week managed to catch the show three times in a row the Saturday and the Tuesday, Wednesday evening. What can I say Gareth is astounding and is truly made for this part could watch him again and again in this role. :hyper: Can’t say I am a massive fan off the show but after seeing it four times now feel I have a better understanding and a new love for it. All the cast are outstanding performers and really gave it their all each night. Got a strong standing ovation on Saturday and a massive one on Tuesday thought that one was never going to end. A few people around me where surprised it was Gareth in the role in first place and seemed rather impressed that he was a true professional. Have to say my favourite place to see the show has to be near the front off the stalls I picked up so much more as was able to read the actors faces better and felt that the barricade seen worked more as from the front of the balcony for me and middle of the stalls I felt that it wasn’t very believable at all. But one good thing about being far back is the projection works better.

The Saturday I went to see it with Suzie (suzysluv’sGareth) we didn’t have time wait out as had to catch a bus back to Liverpool, but we did wait out after the show on the Tuesday night was nice to see him for a brief moment and tell him how wonderful he was and proud we are off him I Got a photo too and picture book signed to treasure. :smile:

20155_336795088624_636773624_488-1.jpg

My picture Gareth had been giggling as Suzie kept cutting his head off as he was so tall so she told him. :wub:

20155_336795078624_636773624_488-3.jpg

Suzie pic hope she doesn’t mind me posting as I don’t know how to crop pictures to take her out. :ermm: