Songs from Maidstone

GPG MY IDOL

I have the 14 songs Gareth sung at Maidstone taken from the video I took, the video needs editing as I had the camera running but not filming the whole time, the audio files are not perfect there are a few clonks and blips, the worst is probably the first track but its only at the beginning, I think they are well worth having, Gareth's sounded amazing. I don't know how or where I can upload them for you all. Anyone got any suggestions?

Janice the link you put up in the other thread was for large files and it said some thing about subscribe $49.99

I have had a look on You Tube as there were audio from Les Mis with just a picture but can't find how to upload them the only thing I came across was upload large videos over 2GB

OR I could email people the files

OR If I can get some of those plastic sleeves, you could sent me a SAE I could burn then to disc,

can't put pictures etc on the disc Sorry not that clever :0

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fantastic June. I had a feeling Snowdrop would be able to help you. :thumbsup:

I actually wouldn't mind them on a disc as well if you wouldn't mind. Not sure if you've got my address, but if you give me yours I'll send you a cheque to cover the postage and the disc etc.

Sorry for the delay with these - tonight was not a good time for my broadband to be playing up!

Here are the first few tracks - more to follow later. :wub:

1 Sweet Child of Mine.mp3

2 Sunshine.mp3

3 Africa.mp3

4 Mr Brightside.mp3

BTW, I've just deleted and re-uploaded the fourth track. Having had the chance to listen to it, I've realised it's actually "Mr Brightside", originally by The Killers - one of my favourites to start with. :wub: :wub:

Thanks for the songs so far Snowdrop.

Well, what can you say :wub: I can see totally why you loved the event so much June. That young mans voice just gets better and better. Not one bad note in the whole four songs. I particularly loved Sweet Child Of Mine :wub: and Jealousy :wub: but they are all fantastic. Can't wait to hear some more.

We are all indebted to you June and to Snowdrop for putting them up.

Val, I've just edited my previous post, but the track that sounds like it should perhaps be called Jealousy is actually Mr Brightside. :D

Funnily enough, I heard Brandon Flowers do his own solo version of the song at T in the Park recently. He changed it slightly to give it more of a disco/dance vibe compared with the original rock. What a treat to hear Gareth's version too - so beautiful. It just goes to show that when a great song and great voice go together that it creates magic.

I love his version of Sweet Child of Mine too. I'm pleased to hear that my original concerns when the jazz word was mention appear to be unfounded. So far, lol.

To be honest I didn't think any of them sounded like Jazz. I just can't believe how Gareth can adapt himself to sing such a huge variety of songs. He is truly an amazing singer :wub:

Just watched Phil Collins on ITV and I just think its so unfair that people like Gareth aren't given the chance to do one of these shows. Just imagine having that set list played on out on TV. What could that do to Gareth's career.

Oh these are absolutely fab. :thumbsup:

I simply love Sunshine - this version would go down so well in any Ronnie Scotts type venue. :wub:

Loving Mr Brightside. This songs shows Gareth's voice to its maximum potential. -Truly lovely. :wub:

Not only is it lovely to hear the songs, it's so lovely to hear Gareth doing the introduction too.

And also (I know I shouldn't start a sentence with and!!) it is so interesting to hear the choice of music chosen.

Thanks so much. What a treat to hear these. :thumbsup:

Having listened to the rest of the songs, some of the other ones have a few more jazz twinges to them, but not full on jazz. I think once the pianist turned up, he jazzed things up a bit more with some extra, really not necessary notes, on a couple of the songs.

I'm going to resist the urge to say more on those just yet - it would be nice to discuss these first four songs first. I see a lot of people have been downloading them, so it would be nice to hear from people what they think of them. :thumbsup: Don't be shy. :shiftyninja:

Those are my favourites too. To be honest I'd heard Mr Brightside loads of times from The Killers and it made no impact on me at all, yet after hearing Gareth sing it once I loved it. So its not only the song its who sings it and how its sung too I think.

OMG I listened to these last night,they are absolutely breathtaking :wub: I didn't recognise Africa at first but when it got going I did :)

Thank you so much to June for recording these and to Snowdrop for uploading them onto here for her and for us to hear them :thumbsup:

I'm yet to find a song I don't like Gareth singing and don't think there wil ever be one x