Songs from Maidstone

GPG MY IDOL

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks once again Snowdrop for those last few songs. Loved them all. I particularly loved More than words and that rendition of Spirit In The Sky was really great.

I very special thanks to June for taking the time to record all these beautiful songs for us to enjoy. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much June and Snowdrop for making it possible for us to hear the wonderful show - it must have been amazing to be there!

Can't believe it's over is one of my all time favourites so I'm really pleased you were able to record it.

Thanks again.

Oh wow how amazing are they?! Thank you June for recording them and to Snowdrop for uploading them, the Pizza Express gig sounds amazing, would of loved to have been there but unfortunately couldn't be, so it's fantastic we get to listen to the songs that Gareth sang. There's so many that I love; Can't Believe It's Over, His Eye Is On The Sparrow, Someone Like You, Gravity & SITS :wub:

Thanks so much for these June and to Snowdrop for helping us to listen to them.

They are brilliant. I just love Seventeen and Spirit in The Sky jazzed up with great piano playing is just great. Would love to hear Gareth play the piano to that version.

Seventeen is definitely my favourite. Gareth's voice is sublime on that track.

Guest NicolaJayne

If I have one slight criticism, its that the guitar playing is slightly too loud and tends to shut out Gareth voice in one or two places on several of these songs.

I have only just seen this thread.

You are so right Val and this is just what I said in my report on ggates. I was so dissapointed that his band was so loud and hard as I was trying to hear Gareth, it really did drown out out his vocals. The atmosphere was fantastic but I do like to hear Gareths lovely voice.

• 2 weeks later...