Movies & Musicals - Apollo Theatre

Val4Gareth

This has been posted on Twitter. Not yet confirmed by Gareth but it sounds pretty definite. And one I'd love to go to.

@Movies and Musicals @moviandmusicals
Delighted that @Gareth_Gates is joining us for Movies & Musicals London. Welcome to the team. @johnowenjones @LouiseDearman @mandmprods
@Movies and Musicals @moviandmusicals
This is going to be one special night 1/12/13 @ApolloVictoria @Gareth_Gates @johnowenjones @LouiseDearman @westendgospel @MissSarahLark
Edits to say it has been now confirmed and you can book tickets here: :thumbsup:http://www.atgtickets.com/shows/an-evening-of-movies-and-musicals-at-christmas/apollo-victoria-theatre

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

I have looked on the Apollo site and the show is advertised but Gareth's name isn't there.

Think this may be confirmed today, sounds a great show.

Guest NicolaJayne

http://www.atgtickets.com/shows/an-evening-of-movies-and-musicals-at-christmas/apollo-victoria-theatre/

Hope the link works Chris I find it a bit hit and miss doing copy and paste on my I pad.

Gareth is not advertised but I can assure you he is on. I booked this morning as it looks like the tickets have been on sale for a while as most of the front centre stalls are sold out.

Guest NicolaJayne

I am surprised this is still not confirmed by Gareth's Management but his name has now been added to the show site. Most front seats are sold. I also think this will be a great show.

Now confirmed:

PRESS RELEASE Mon 5thAug M&M Associate Productions presents GARETH GATES JOINS 'AN EVENING OF MOVIES AND MUSICALS’ALONGSIDE JOHN OWEN-JONES & LOUISE DEARMAN

Gareth Gates joins the sell out hit show at Apollo Victoria Theatre, hosted by Christopher Biggins. After four sell out concerts across the UK, M&M Associate Productions Ltd are delighted to announce that Gareth Gates is joining John Owen-Jones and Louise Dearman for An Evening of Movies and Musicals in the West End in December 2013, for a one off spectacular at the Apollo Victoria Theatre. The evening is to be hosted by the much-loved actor and presenter, Christopher Biggins. An Evening of Movies and Musicals has become a sensation since it debuted in early 2012 with a sell out concert at St David’s Hall in Cardiff. Featuring the music of John Williams, Hans Zimmer, James Horner and many more, the show has sold out every date thus far and received glowing acclaim from press and public
alike. The likes of Ruthie Henshall, Peter Karrie and Nathan James have all appeared, with the Edinburgh Evening News describing it as ‘sensational, engrossing, engaging and affecting…the ensemble received a well-deserved standing ovation’. Gareth Gates is renowned for being one of the top-selling UK artists in history having sold over three million singles in the UK. Having started his musical career as head chorister for Bradford Cathedral Choir, in recent years he has carved out a successful niche for himself as a lead musical theatre artist. His coveted starring roles include Joseph in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Marius in the 25th anniversary tour of Les Miserables. Sir Cameron Mackintosh then asked Gareth to resume the role in the show's West End production. Last year Gareth played the role of Warner in the 2012 tour of Legally Blonde as well as originating the role of Eddy in Loserville at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. He recently starred alongside The Osmonds in a UK concert tour of the hit musical Boogie Nights. Gareth, West End legend John Owen-Jones and current star of Wicked Louise Dearman will all be joined by the West End Gospel Choir and Welsh musical theatre actress Sarah Lark, guiding the audience through hits from the best-loved musicals. This show will be the ideal way to begin Christmas celebrations, with a specially themed Christmas section for the festive period. John Owen-Jones is an award winning West End and Broadway performer, best known for his performances as Jean Valjean in Les Miserables and The Phantom of the Opera. At the age of 26 he became the youngest actor ever to play the role of Jean Valjean in the West End, going on to play the same role on Broadway.He has also released two critically acclaimed albums, Unmaskedin 2012 and John Owen Jonesin 2009 on Sain Records. He recently performed in New York where he appeared in a special gala performance of The Phantom of the Opera to celebrate the show’s 25th year on Broadway.John is in the unique position of being the only actor to have the opportunity to reinvent Valjean and The Phantom - two of the greatest roles in musical theatre history. Louise Dearman is the first performer in the history of the musical Wicked to have played both the lead roles of Glinda and Elphaba when she returned to the West End production in Oct 2012. Other notable performances: include Sarah Brown in the national tour of Guys andDolls; Lucy Harris in the UK national tour ofJekyll and Hyde and; the coveted role of Eva Peron in the UK touring production of Evita An accomplished recording artist, Louise released her debut album in 2005 and released her second album Here Comes The Sun to great acclaim. Louise appeared as a special guest on the UK tours for Ramin Karimloo & Lee Mead in 2012, singing songs from her album. An Evening of Movies and Musicals is the brainchild of Matthew Hampson, managing director of M&M Association Productions. The company has established itself as one of the leading production companies in Wales, offering a programme that includes some of the biggest names in musical theatre, comedy and music. Matthew conducts proceedings and is involved in every stage of production. Tickets for An Evening of Movies and Musicals at the Apollo Victoria Theatre on 1st December 2013 are now on sale.
LISTINGS INFORMATION Date: 1/12/13 Venue: Apollo Victoria Theatre, London Time: 7.00 pm Tickets -£35.00, £45, £55 Box Office: 0844 871 7627 Online Booking:
http://www.atgtickets.com/venues/apollo-victoria-theatre/

PRESS CONTACT: Jessica Keating,
Jessica.keating@multitudemedia.co.uk, 0207 2994241
Like · · Share

Thank you Khelda at last, pleased to see this show confirmed sounds amazing, especially the Christmas Theme

Me too - should be a really good evening. Just to point out that this is the Apollo Victoria near Victoria Station,not the Apollo on Shaftesbury Avenue!

Guest NicolaJayne

This is still not confirmed on Gareth's Events page.

Good thinking Val for pointing out thee are 2 Apollo Theatres, must admit made me panic a bit and check my confirmation e-mail.

Guest NicolaJayne

Yes I know but I booked the show last Thursday and contacted Ali and she said it had been leaked, and it would probably be confirmed on Saturday. But then I know she is very busy keeping up with and getting Gareth out there and getting him as many appearances as possible and it may not be down to her to keep his sites updated, she maybe has to allocate that job to others.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...