Movies & Musicals - Apollo Theatre

Val4Gareth

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a taster for the show.

December 1st is upon us - I'll leak some rep!! @LouiseDearman & @Gareth_Gates will be doing their version of Beauty & The Beast!! #amazing

@Gareth_Gates will be reliving some amazing tunes...something to do with a sparrow....and a melody....possibly a few chairs.....

@valjcooper @LouiseDearman @Gareth_Gates I can confirm that he will be part of our new commissions...yes.

Val what does that mean, he is part of their new commissions.?

I'm not sure exactly what they mean by that. The question I asked was `Will Gareth be singing a Christmas song', so I'm assuming they have a sketch where several are being sung by members of the cast and Gareth will be one of the ones involved,

2nd text of Elaine. :)

2nd half had more Gareth in, he sang Eye of the Sparrow, Unchained Melosdy and a fantastic rendition of Beauty and the Beat with Louise Dearman. Was lovely at the end when he sang x-mas songs with John, Sarah Louise and the gospel choir. Was lovely.

Thanks Chris for the update, sounds like a great evening, glad you enjoyed yourself.

:thumbsup:

Had a great time last night. Gareth's voice gets stronger all the time. When he sang One Day More with all the cast his voice stood out above all the others. Loved Beauty and the Beast, but particularly loved hearing him sing His Eye Is On The Sparrow live.

On the train home at the moment so will post more later.

Guest NicolaJayne

Linda came to my house and we set off at 3 00pm to get the train from Cheshunt then change at Tottenham Hale for the Theatre in Victoria. We asked where Pizza Express was as we had arranged to meet Val and her friends for a meal there. We thought it was 5 mins from the theatre but was told that it was about 15 mins walk as the near one had closed down. But we had also arranged to meet Natasha and thought that it wasn't fair to let her make her own way there as she would never have found it. There was lots of work going on around the station and you could see the theatre but had to go a round about way to get to it with all the barriers. Natasha is not used to wandering around London on her own and after many texts she managed to find us waiting outside the theatre for her.

We rang Val and was a bit concerned about her as she was still on the train, so told her as we didn't know where the Pizza Ezpress was we had decided to eat somewhere nearer. They told us at the theatre of a similar restaurant inside the station but we failed to find it and as we weren't very hungry settled for Mcdonalds in the station, bit of a comedown LOL

We then made our way back to the theatre and decided to wait in there as there was no shops open being Sunday, so got our programme from the bar and flicked through that. The foyer soon started to fill up, Peter came over with Ann for a little chat and then Vivienne and Pearl, nice to see some familiar faces . When we found our seats they were 3rd row but to the right hand side facing the stage, had thought they would be nearer the centre as the numbers were 10 & 11. I don't know why but most of the action always seems to be at the left hand side of the stage and it was quite dark at our side.

As it has already been said Gareth was only performing one song in the first half but got a great reception. Singing "Empty Chairs"

I did think Biggens would have been on more compering as he is quite funny. Saw Pearl at the interval and she commented she was disappointed in John Owen-Jones I hadn't noticed but she is an avid fan of his and said he is usually much better than that,

Soon it was time for the second half and pleased to say much more Gareth in this.His Eye on the Sparrow and Unchained Melody always a favourite. Loved Beauty and the Beast sung as a duet with Louise Dearman who has a fantastic voice.always brings back memories of the time he sang this in the queue on Pop Idol with Nicola.

I have to say I thought Music of the Night was my favourite from John Owen-Jones he sang that beautifully.

The show had a lovely ending with the whole cast singing Christmas songs modern and traditional and gave you a very happy feeling to go home with realising how near it is to Christmas and there was a lovely atmosphere. We happened to be sitting at the right side for the stage door and when we got there we were surprised to see only 2 girls in front of us. Soon though a long queue started to build up .

We were first to see him almost but alas I didn't make a great job of taking the pic of Linda and Natasha either side of Gareth and chopped half of Natasha off the photo.

Then Linda said to me the flash didn't go off when she took my pic and when we looked there was no pic. It was obvious by the speed that Gareth was moving through the queue that he had somewhere to go after the show. So I caught up with him and asked if he would mind me having another pic as the first one had not turned out and Gareth being Gareth said no of course not, so had another one done which is awful of me but lovely of Gareth so well worth it. I continued snapping Gareth with others and a few on his own not great as he was speaking to some people he knew. Then we sawVal and friends so had a little chat to them and at this time Val exclaimed he has gone and when we looked sure enough Gareth had got in a cab with the rest of the cast and was off to where ever they were going. Which was a shame as Val said sthey had not managed to see him. So we said our goodbyes at this stage and with Val and friends getting into a Cab to their hotel and us going across. The road to the station to make our way home.with another chance to see Gareth next week at the Panto.

Thanks Khelda for keeping everyone updated. It's always good to know what is going on when sitting there wondering.

Oh wow Elaine.
Can't really add too much to that great report.
I thoroughly enjoyed the show.
Think we had to remind ourselves that Gareth was a guest on the show and that John Owen Jones was the main man so to speak, unlike Momentous where it was Gareth's show and JOJ the guest therefore Gareth was not on as much as we would have liked in the first half. However the second half made up for it.
Gareth's voice was certainly a lot deeper (in my opinion) and I so loved Beauty and the Beast with Louise Dearman (although I wasn't too convinced about some of her songs). The duet was fab.

I loved Eye of the Sparrow. Great to see it live. Gareth's voice was tremendous singing it.

Gareth looked very relaxed at the end singing the Christmas songs. His voice was almost Swing and it sounded good.
:thumbsup:

It was a great night.

Valr organised our hotel, our tickets and where we ate. All were great so thanks.

BTW Gareth wore Black suit, black shirt and black tie with black suede shoes. (JOJ take note- wear a tie at these events)!