Big Reunion 2014 - 5th Story TV programme

Gazfan

Hi and welcome Hayley.(5ismylife). Good to have you on board bringing snippets about the others in the group too.

Thanks for the link to the interview Maria.

I've just managed to watch it.

I thought Gareth a little shy so interesting to read your thoughts on it Barbirgirl.

Just watched the interview I recorded on This Morning. I thought like Elaine and Khelda that he felt he had to make some contribution to the interview as the other band members were making contribution to promoting the band. Its obvious he has been so busy with Pantomime, Dancing on Ice and all the other commitments to focus on his speech, but he managed. Just my opinion, but I don't think Gareth is totally into this group. To me it looks like Gareth has been brought in to this "man band" as a well known singer who is doing OK on his own at the moment with four other past singers with varying degrees of success. The other members are OK, but it just doesn't seem right to me. To be fair, we haven't heard them yet and my husband reminded me of this yesterday. I really hope they sound good. I will be watching on Thursday behind a cushion!! I do hope the band does well, but hope Gareth continues with his solo act and his musical theatre!

Like the Metro Blog Val.

I like Gareth's form of writing.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thanks eternal it's no problem bringing over snippets about the group - and sorry barbirgirl but I don't agree with you about Gareth and his place in 5th Story - if you read his Metro blog he is actually loving the challenge of being in a band - and you should see the banter in 5th Story before you pre-judge them - it is just my opinion though barbirgirl and you don't have to agree with it at all. Sorry :(

From Hayley

Hayley, you don't have to say sorry for having a different opinion to me. That's the good thing about the forum we can give our own opinions which don't always have to reflect what others think. I haven't heard them sing together yet so should really reserve judgement, but if I'm honest I didn't really want Gareth to be in a band. I'm hoping I'm going to be pleasantly surprised with them and am looking forward to seeing the programmes. Just hope I don't forget to watch it with it being on ITV 2 as my husband has the remote control in his hand like a permanent fixture and I don't usually get a look in!!

Fair enough but a lot of people have said that 5th Story are the big surprise of this year's Big Reunion and they surprised all the other bands in rehearsals for the Hammersmith show - I only know this because Gareth is featured in this week's heat magazine with 5th Story and the other bands - it's a great read I have to say. Can't wait to hear how 5th Story sound as a band.

From Hayley

Guest NicolaJayne

It's great at the moment with Gareth in all the magazines just like the old days, is it my imagination or do you think Gareth is getting more publicity from the group than the others, or maybe it's me as he is the one I am most interested in.

I know I am going to find it strange when I see the group singing and Gareth not as the lead singer.

Also I don't think Gareth is guaranteed a place on the tour as they bring in people from past years, think only the winner and runner up are guaranteed a place on the tour, but think if it came down to a straight choice between the two I am sure Gareth would opt for singing as it's his first love,

So today we have:

5th story interviews / photos in:
The Sun
The Mirror

Big Reunion piece in Heat mag.

Sorry for the delay – wifi down in GG HQ !
We just wanted to let you know that with regards to the headline in The Sun today, Gareth didn’t use those words. It’s not a huge deal – but it’s just not something Gareth would say, so we felt it important to let you know.

Admin
X

They sound amazing together - so excited to see Gareth, Adam, Kavana, Kenzie and Dane sing all of the songs that they have reworked to make 5th Story songs - esp. intrigued about what Gareth's solo song will sound like as a group song :) Hope everyone is getting excited about The Big Reunion tomorrow night - #StorytellersFor5thStory all the way!!!!!

From Hayley

I've listened to it now. Had to click on the Embed button and turn on the sound. Just one line repeated over and over, but their voiced blend together well don't they.

Have listened now (thanks to the instructions). Yes the voices do blend well together. Gareth's voice is even good singing thankyou.

Yes Hayley really looking forward to the whole programme.

I read somewhere the tour info is being released tomorrow after the programme. Is this correct do you know?

Have listened now (thanks to the instructions). Yes the voices do blend well together. Gareth's voice is even good singing thankyou.

Yes Hayley really looking forward to the whole programme.

I read somewhere the tour info is being released tomorrow after the programme. Is this correct do you know?

That's right - after the first programme tonight at 10pm the tickets for the Hammersmith Apollo show will go on sale which I hope sells out again like last year's show sold out in 5 minutes!!!!!!

From Hayley

That's right - after the first programme tonight at 10pm the tickets for the Hammersmith Apollo show will go on sale which I hope sells out again like last year's show sold out in 5 minutes!!!!!!

From Hayley

No pressure on this lot then?!

The media will have a field day if it takes 6 minutes to sell!

Enjoy the show everyone.

No pressure on this lot then?!

The media will have a field day if it takes 6 minutes to sell!

Enjoy the show everyone.

Will you be watching the show in real time or later on? I'm so excited about seeing all the bands in The Big Reunion tonight :)

From Hayley

P.S. I hope they sell out the Hammersmith Apollo show this year at the same rate as they did last year *praying and hoping for that*

Guest NicolaJayne

Loved the show but will be better next week when it's Gareth's group.

I had a problem getting tickets but now booked much farther back than I would have liked to be but at least I will be there.

Loved the show but will be better next week when it's Gareth's group. I had a problem getting tickets but now booked much farther back than I would have liked to be but at least I will be there.

Oh that's great - have a brilliant time - and please if possible I would love to know how 5th Story are as a band performing together.

From Hayley