Big Reunion 2014 - 5th Story TV programme

Gazfan

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the programme interesting last night , they all came over well except for Dane , but he did admit he'd been a prat . Kavana is my fav of the rest of the group , he's the only one I liked in the day , loved his hit record at the time and he was the most talented of the rest of them in the music industry .

I don't ever remember Kavana back in his day. The only experience I had of seeing him was when he was on The Voice and I thought he came across as desperate and uppity on there. Seeing him last night I was surprised. Still think he was a bit childish over the Adam Rickitt thing, but I suppose he was young just as Gareth was back when he had his difficulties. Changed my opinion of him now. I really hope they all get a lot of success from being in this show.

Another nice blog from Gareth in The Metro

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/20/gareth-gates-on-the-big-reunion-2-reliving-katie-price-sex-drama-was-hard-4312462/

ad_123627075.jpg

Gareth Gates talks about 5th Story’s first episode (Picture: ITV)

I was really proud watching our episode tonight – we’ve all been through such different things, but at some point been chewed up and spat out by the industry while doing the job that we love.

For me personally it was hard sitting down with my family going through the old stories about a certain woman….! I didn’t do it back then until I just had to tell the truth. Reliving it over a decade later was hard. I guess I hadn’t thought about the effect it had on them. My sisters were at school – although they are pretty good at taking care of themselves! It must have been hard for my parents – and my mum in particular, as no one wants to read stuff like that about their son.

I’ve been lucky though – I’ve worked hard and I still do. People think you disappear if you aren’t in the charts, but I’ve never stopped working. I’ve had one day off in the last four months – Christmas Day. I’m not complaining – all five of us do what we have to do to look after our families. Our kids, our parents, partners…and no one should be ashamed of that.

EXCLUSIVE BLOG: Gareth Gates – People think I’m cured, but I’m not

the_big_reunion_11.jpg

When we had our first ‘bonding’ night out, although it’s great to hear other peoples’ stories, it’s also really hard. Kav in particular has had a really hard time of late. People don’t know that – they judge. He’s just doing whatever he can do to get by doing the thing he loves – singing.

Well, this is just the start anyway – you haven’t even seen us do much singing yet! Today we’ve all been rehearsing for the Hammersmith show tomorrow and in the morning I think we have to leave the hotel at 8am or something hideous like that! It’s a big day tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the other bands too – hope you all enjoy it!

It was a great show, they were all honest and genuine. I think it come across and that is why the wright ups about it are good.

I am looking forward to the shows when they show them singing together, rehearsing and such.

And looking forward to any reports from the show tonight too. :)

I watched the Reunion programme...

It left me feeling incredibly sad. What could have been. :(

He was so huge - so popular all over the world.

I cannot understand why that woman would be so spiteful as to broadcast it all to the world just because he finished with her. He was 17 for heavens sake. She makes me so angry.

I know Gareth has to take responsibility for his part in it all - but she was just plain vindictive.

I could have cried when he said he had not been a good boyfriend or husband .....

I think the answer is - he was too young - too young to cope with all that happened and too young to marry.

Thankfully his lovely personality has shone through in his career and now he is doing so well - but I dont think I will ever forgive that woman for what she did.

I can still remember that awful horrible day when what I had dismissed as rubbish turned out to be true. It was so ghastly.

Sorry to bring it all up again - but it affected me so much last night - I had to talk about it somewhere and I didnt want it to be on Facebook.

God bless Gareth - yes he has made mistakes - but he never deserved all the nastiness he and his family have had to hear and read. My heart went out to him last night - all over again.

I think it is Louis Walsh himself , I follow him .

Do you think so Heather. It says `fan page' in their bio.

God bless Gareth - yes he has made mistakes - but he never deserved all the nastiness he and his family have had to hear and read. My heart went out to him last night - all over again.

I felt the same Jill. Gareth is so brave to put himself through what will obviously be a lot more gossiping again. He's tried to hard for the last 10 years to get past it. Lets hope the program last night will help him to do it eventually.

I too don't think I will ever forgive her for what she did to him.

Jill, I felt exactly the same as you. It left me feeling a bit sad and wondered why Gareth had to do this, raking up all that stuff from 12 years ago for a programme.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, but Gareth is not in the same place as the others in this group. He has been really successful and busy more or less throughout the 12 years since Pop Idol days in so many different areas of the business. Sorry, but I think he stands out professionally by a mile.

I recorded the programme and will watch it again and maybe I'll feel more positive towards this group when I've seen them perform for myself and also heard everyone's reviews who have been there tonight.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the other members of 5th Story, all of them for different reasons, but just think they are a strange mix as a band!