Big Reunion 2014 - 5th Story TV programme

Gazfan

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did. The confidence oozes out of him when he is singing too.

I loved the whole programme.

Obviously there is a lot of editing going on but I can't help but feel Kavanagh is responsible for his own destiny.

One can see why him and Gareth are distances apart. It's called work ethic.

Enjoyed the story of Girl Thing too.

Let's hope they all enjoy this second chance of having fun.

Guest NicolaJayne

Well I watched it and to be honest thought Gareth was the only one who could really sing. I also think Kavanagh is letting the side down and not putting his back into it. He also seemed very spoilt, Gareth is also used to being the only one in the recording studio but he just gets on with it . he stood out so much with his vocals tonight and I did wonder if he should be doing it.

Girl Thing have a lot of history and I hope they can resolve the past and get on together but have my doubts, so many strong characters and so many different lifestyles. I feel sorry for Linzi who seems to have had a very hard life and needs this so much.

he stood out so much with his vocals tonight and I did wonder if he should be doing it.

I thought the same (sort of) but then again we wouldn't be able to see that funny personality on TV.

Linzi does seem to have had a hard life but I don't see this programme as changing much of it.

It has to be a lot of determination over a long time to change things.

I enjoyed watching last night . Gareth came out tops in every way . I think Kavana was surprised how well Gareth sings . I did notice on an earlier show , that Kavana talked about himself and not us ,as part of a group . I hope he's settled down now .

Last night's episode 5/8 is repeated Wednesday 12th March 10.50pm ITV2 Barbirgirl .

Thanks for letting me know. I'll set to record it.

I wish Kavana would stop referring to the group as being a bunch of has beens or some such remark. This is what annoys me about Gareth being associated with the group as in some ways it feels like a step backwards, even though he is getting plenty of exposure at the moment.

When I saw the first program with 5th Story featured I changed my opinion of Kavana and thought he may not be too bad after all and deserved a second chance, but after seeing him this week, I've reverted back to my original opinion of him. He came across as a spoilt child sulking and wanting his own way. So as far as I'm concerned, my first impression of him has been confirmed.

Gareth however, came across as a lovely, funny person who outsang anyone else in the group even singing other people's songs. Hopefully that's what the public will remember after the show has finished.

Well, Gareth really stood out in that recording studio didn't he. Such a joy to watch him.

This Metro article agreed with you:

Gareth shows his band how it's done

I was listening to the Terry Wogan show yesterday with his guest A1 from the Big Reunion on. They were talking of their release of a new album and new tour for themselves and how they had used this programme as a platform.

Also interesting to see this article toohow the group Damage are due to get their own fly on the wall documentary:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/09/the-big-reunion-2014-damage-set-to-star-in-their-own-fly-on-the-wall-tv-series-4491678

Seems the Mail on-line took last nights program quite literally without catching on to the fact they've already done the concert at Hammersmith

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2580594/Will-Kenzie-two-left-feet-Gareth-Gates-STILL-running-late-despite-extra-rehearsal-time-5th-Story-The-Big-Reunion.html

Something is really bothering on this thread and sorry Chris to bring it up but why are people on here not being as nice about Adam, Kav, Kenzie and Dane in their comments - after all they are Gareth's new bandmates now and I don't think it is fair that they are being criticised for no reason at all.

From Hayley

I suppose Hayley (and I can only speak for myself) it's because I am not used to seeing Gareth in a band. When watching the programme I focus on him and of course the bias in me sees the others as not so comitted.

I am sure that on the sites of Kav, Dane, Kenzie and Adam there may be similar bias to their favourites and criticism of the rest of the band??

Like you say they are Gareth's new bandmates so point taken. Will try and be more positive in the future.

Guest NicolaJayne

I have to admit to being guilty of doing the same, it's very difficult to think of Gareth as just another member of a band when we are used to seeing him as a solo artist, and I also tend to focus on Gareth as I am biased too. I hope the band does well but do think the others need this more than Gareth as he has work lined up, and if I am honest I don't want this band to last forever as it would then jeopardise his solo career.

Something is really bothering on this thread and sorry Chris to bring it up but why are people on here not being as nice about Adam, Kav, Kenzie and Dane in their comments - after all they are Gareth's new bandmates now and I don't think it is fair that they are being criticised for no reason at all.

From Hayley

The thing is Hayley, that we are all dedicated fans of Gareth the solo performer and have waited so long for him to achieve the solo success he so deserves. Like Eternal says, I'm sure on dedicated sites for the rest of the band, they will probably think the person they have supported for years stands out, just as we do about Gareth. Its going to take a long time and a lot of success for all fans to feel the same about all the members, if we ever will. Even in groups like Westlife and Take That fans have their favourites. I've always liked Westlife, but have never thought much of Kian or Nicky's voices. That's just the way it is.

I hope 5th Story will have a lot of success if that's what they all want, but I also want to see Gareth returning to his solo career again in the not too distant future, especially as we know he has a new album almost ready to go.

I suppose Hayley (and I can only speak for myself) it's because I am not used to seeing Gareth in a band. When watching the programme I focus on him and of course the bias in me sees the others as not so comitted.

I am sure that on the sites of Kav, Dane, Kenzie and Adam there may be similar bias to their favourites and criticism of the rest of the band??

Like you say they are Gareth's new bandmates so point taken. Will try and be more positive in the future.

Thanks eternal this is very much appreciated and I also want to say that I do love Gareth as a solo artist as well but I'm LOVING him in a band even more because this is a different experience for him and that's exciting to see for me.

From Hayley

Guest NicolaJayne

I so agree Val, he really is letting them all down and will ruin them as a group, I wouldn't care but he is the one who needs it most. It's not hard to see why he ended up homeless he is his own worst enemy.

I also thought Adam showed what a great guy he is (having gone through similar), he was very understanding. I think Kav got lots of problems, and unfortunately in some articles they seem to say that the others were understanding and sent him tweets to say they forgive him. Gareth was silent (and the article makes it sound like he is the least understanding), where I think he was just too busy with his rehearsing for the Ice show to think about it.