Coronavirus Pandemic/Self isolating, working from home etc etc

eternal

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you . Still feels that I am going slowly. Have had visits to pharmacy and bank.   Had my hair done and booked my next appointment.  Looking to book tickets to see Marti Pellow at Birmingham Symphony Hall in November with my sister. 
Hope Gareth will announce a show soon that I/we will feel able to attend.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Eternal.  I'll still be wearing a mask when I go inside a shop and trying to social distance, we have already been out for a few meals and will wear  a mask until sat at the table. It's up to everyone to do whatever they can to keep safe but there's  always going to be idiots around unfortunately. 

• 1 month later...

We're still wearing masks in shops and cafes as most people of our age seem to be.  It's the younger men that aren't wearing them and possibly haven't been vaccinated as that is the group that seem in the main to be anti vaxxers. 

Very true Val, even Gareths neighbour/friend who he was using his home gym during lockdown FightperfectTV (fight bible or something now) on Instagram is an antivaxer.

A few weeks ago he shared a warning message video from a young woman who suffered bad side effects from the vaccine who ended up in hospital unable to walk, shown her being rehabilitated on walking aids in hospital but aside from struggling to walk she kept fainting. It is sad some suffer such side effects so I can understand why some are against it but he keeps going on about being against the vaccine a hell of al lot of the time and I often thing get off your high horse, he gets on my nerves going on.

I went into Manchester on the Metro tram yesterday, It's compulsory to wear a mask £100 fine.

The number of young people not wearing a mask was obvious,they have them resting on their lap ready to put on at the tram stop if they see a inspector about to board.
I only went into M&S, noticed all retrictions had been removed even in the cafe.

I agree with you all about mask wearing too. I wear a mask always to go in shops. I don’t use public transport at the moment, but would wear a mask if I did.

My husband and I had a conversation today about how everyone seems to have gone back to normal as though nothing has happened over the past 18 months except for some people our age. We commented on how it’s affected us as a couple and personally and we realize how our own world has shrunk over this time. We must get back to our normal activities before too long as I fear we might lose the confidence in our own abilities. 18 months ago I never would have thought that I would feel like this, it’s a strange feeling!! 

• 6 months later...