Big Reunion 2014 - 5th Story TV programme

Gazfan

I'm very excited about Gareth being part of the band 5th Story and I'm also really loving the banter and friendship between all the guys in the band - and I really like Adam, Kavana, Kenzie and Dane as well as Gareth of course.

I will definitely be supporting 5th Story all the way in this year's The Big Reunion - I hope everyone else on this great forum would like to become part of the fan group for 5th Story and they are called #StoryTellers.

From Hayley

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hayley and welcome to the boards, love to have you with us. And yes we are excited too, and looking forward to the show. :)

Thanks Khelda - would you like to be a #StoryTeller like me if that's OK with you of course. So excited for 5th Story on This Morning on Monday and I hope the interview will be put onto YouTube if someone can do that of course please if possible.

From Hayley

Guest NicolaJayne

Welcome 5iveismylife We are all just getting used to Gareth being in 5th story but I think Storytellers is a great name for us as their followers.

Welcome 5iveismylife We are all just getting used to Gareth being in 5th story but I think Storytellers is a great name for us as their followers.

Thanks NicolaJayne I'm so glad that you like the name Storytellers for the fans of 5th Story. And also thank you to everyone for welcoming me so nicely to this fan forum. :)

From Hayley

Hi Hayley. Welcome to the site. I think I've seen you posting on Twitter but I can't remember what you name was on there.

I think StoryTellers is a very appropriate name considering they're all going to be telling their stories on The Big Reunion. Not long to wait for the show now.

Hi Hayley. Welcome to the site. I think I've seen you posting on Twitter but I can't remember what you name was on there.

I think StoryTellers is a very appropriate name considering they're all going to be telling their stories on The Big Reunion. Not long to wait for the show now.

Thanks Val, my twitter name is the same as my username on here - I'm so glad you like the name for the 5th Story fans as well :)

From Hayley

I shall be at work tomorrow until after 11 so will have to record This Morning, but Hayley says the bit about The Big Reunion won't be on until after 12, so may still get home in time to watch it live. Hope so. Really looking forward to hearing more about the group.

By chance managed to see the interview and they all came across well and they really seemed to enjoying themselves. Interesting that the questions of them working together after the tour came back and a couple were keen mentioning possibly recording new material but Gareth seemed to try and downplay it without ruling it out.

I suspect Gareth with his plans for a solo album and maybe a return to musicals will be reluctant to commit full time to the group unless there is a real demand for them to continue and at this stage nobody knows. No disrespect to the others but Gareth is probably is the only one of the group who has a lot of options to him for future work and does not need to continue with band so I can understand him wanting to be caution about future plans.

Looking forward to series.

By chance managed to see the interview and they all came across well and they really seemed to enjoying themselves. Interesting that the questions of them working together after the tour came back and a couple were keen mentioning possibly recording new material but Gareth seemed to try and downplay it without ruling it out.

I suspect Gareth with his plans for a solo album and maybe a return to musicals will be reluctant to commit full time to the group unless there is a real demand for them to continue and at this stage nobody knows. No disrespect to the others but Gareth is probably is the only one of the group who has a lot of options to him for future work and does not need to continue with band so I can understand him wanting to be caution about future plans.

Looking forward to series.

I noticed that too Gazman. I think Gareth is very aware that we all want to be able to look forward to seeing him as a Solo artist in the near future. I'm sure once the program is over that will be his priority.

Just saw this pic posted from This Morning

Hope you caught us today on @itvthismorning - make sure you tune into @BigReunionITV on @itv2 this Thursday. RT pic.twitter.com/ylLogYpO0T

post-132-0-17431500-1391435393.jpg

Guest NicolaJayne

It will be interesting to see what Gareth's opts for, the DOI tour will be very tempting but singing is where his heart is,

I also think he has been too busy to put the work in with his speech, Holly gave him an opening or I don't think he would have said anything as he was struggling which was a shame.

Just watched the interview I recorded on This Morning. I thought like Elaine and Khelda that he felt he had to make some contribution to the interview as the other band members were making contribution to promoting the band. Its obvious he has been so busy with Pantomime, Dancing on Ice and all the other commitments to focus on his speech, but he managed. Just my opinion, but I don't think Gareth is totally into this group. To me it looks like Gareth has been brought in to this "man band" as a well known singer who is doing OK on his own at the moment with four other past singers with varying degrees of success. The other members are OK, but it just doesn't seem right to me. To be fair, we haven't heard them yet and my husband reminded me of this yesterday. I really hope they sound good. I will be watching on Thursday behind a cushion!! I do hope the band does well, but hope Gareth continues with his solo act and his musical theatre!

Here's Gareth's blog he did with the Metro about 5th Story

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/04/gareth-gates-on-the-big-reunion-2-i-wasnt-sure-about-sharing-the-limelight-with-5th-story-as-i-was-so-used-to-being-centre-stage-4289994/

Tuesday 4 Feb 2014 11:33 am

ggates.jpg?w=650&h=978&crop=1#038;h=1541

Gareth Gates takes a break from Dancing On Ice to talk The Big Reunion 2 in his new blog (Picture: GarethGates)

When I was first asked to take part in The Big Reunion, I thought (just like everyone else!) ‘Who am I reuniting with?!’ When I heard about the idea of putting a band together it took me a while to get my head around it if I’m honest.

I was always used to being centre stage – something that had its good and bad points. How would I cope with sharing the limelight on the stage?!

Turns out better than I ever thought!

Dane was the only one of the boys I really knew before we met in November last year. I was glad I had someone in the band I knew! Then I met the others and it turned out they were a great bunch of lads. Everyone had different experiences of the music industry and had had their ups and downs.

ad_1262370841-e1391509638302.jpg?w=650&h

Adam Rickitt, Gareth Gates, Dane Bowers, Kavana and Kenzie make up The Big Reunion 2′s supergroup 5th Story (Picture: ITV)

As you know, I was a solo singer, something I just got very much used to. Turns out I’m quite enjoying being in a band! I’m not going to turn my back on the solo ambitions I still have – in fact I’ve spent the last two years writing the best part of a new album – something I’ve never had the opportunity to do.

However I also want to give the band a chance too. Everyone has put their lives on hold to do this, so we owe it to ourselves to give it a shot!

The first series of The Big Reunion was such a success, how could I not want to be involved? I didn’t get to watch loads of it as I’ve spent the last five years in theatre – you’re on stage six nights a week so you don’t have much time for TV.

I could see what enthusiasm everyone seemed to have for the nostalgia of the series though and I wanted to be a part of that. I might not have been in a band, but I was around at the same time as all those from the first series so this is a good way of involving those of us who weren’t in a band. We’re also bringing something new to the series – as well as five big hits.

At the moment I’m still doing Dancing On Ice so it’s all a bit mad. I got through on Sunday night, I did some press interviews yesterday afternoon and then made my way to the ice rink in Elstree where I skated until 8pm..!