Just back from Blackpool

Snowdrop

Maggie and I are just back from seeing superstar Gareth Gates in Blackpool. He sang three songs, Pictures of the Other Side, Angel on my Shoulder and Lost in You. He was fabulous, sounding great and looking very hot, despite the weather. There were quite a lot of fans there, and a good sized general audience even though it's the kind of weather that makes you want to stay indoors and drink hot chocolate. Gareth was very sweet and had a bit of banter between songs, particularly when the "band were having a few problems" :laugh:

Steve Barney was there with his pink, sparkly drum-kit, and the rest of the band looked like people who he has been doing recent promotion with.

After Gareth had finished, a lot of people left (sorry to the next people on), and a lot of people waited by the exit. Gareth came out to sign stuff and had his picture taken with fans and was generally exceptionally lovely. :heart: Security were a bit rubbish and kept telling people to move back, which was unfortunate, as they were moving people back into the tram-lines and at one point an annoyed looking tram-driver was tooting her horn and wondering why everyone was in her path! :pinch:

I got some pictures and some slightly shakey video clips, which I'll upload later. :thumbsup:

I'm uploading Lost in You to YouTube now. Sorry the sound isn't great - I think I had my finger half over the microphone! :blush: There wasn't any soundcheck either, so it's really quite impressive how good it it! :frantics:

In the meantime, here is the winner of the Mr Handsome contest. :wub:

post-6-1180277712_thumb.jpg

Thanks Snowdrop, it's great hearing how it went, so quickly.

Great tracks he picked to sing, look forward to your recording.

Shame about the weather.

Guest GarethsHotChick

PHWOAR Gareth looks SO HOT and tanned in your picture, Thank You for sharing yours and Maggie's report with us Snowdrop. I'm glad everything went well in Blackpool for the Mayfest, I CAN'T WAIT to see Gareth's performance of Lost In You. It sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves and he was as usual and absolute star. :D

Guest GarethsHotChick

What a BRILLIANT performance of Lost In You Gareth gave, You can see how much he enjoys performing and he always gets right into it and gives it everything he's got and more. :wub: Thank You for sharing your video with us Snowdrop. :D

Thanks for your report Snowdrop, I'm happy you and Maggie and other Gareth fans had a great time . It's great to hear Gareth performed some of his upbeat songs as well as AOMS .

Thanks for the video Snowdrop, I enjoyed listening and watching Gareth perform Lost In You :smile:

Thanks for your report Snowdrop, I'm happy you and Maggie and other Gareth fans had a great time . It's great to hear Gareth performed some of his upbeat songs as well as AOMS .

Thanks for the video Snowdrop, I enjoyed listening and watching Gareth perform Lost In You :smile:

Thanks very much Snowdrop for the video, and the report. It seems that rain did not stop play. I'm pleased that there were a lot of fans there.

Thanks for the report Maggie and Snowdrop AND for the photos. Gareth looks very good :drool:

Nice to hear Lost in You(one of my favourites).

Sounds like everyone had a fab day despite the weather.(Who needs sunshine with Mr.Gates on stage)?

It was very cold, not just rainy. And windy, lol. We only stayed for Gareth, it really was not weather for hanging around in.

A couple of people have asked about something reported on the radio. After Gareth sang, two DJs came out for a chat. Bit of the usual banter, but whilst chatting, Gareth was waving his hands around a bit, and knocked the microphone of one DJ, so I think it bashed her slightly in the mouth - and she made a joke about sending him her dentist bill. Nothing of note at all - although I'm sure the DJ will enjoy telling the story for some time to come! :laugh:

Snowdrop's said all there is to say really - I just wanted to say how thrilled I was to see the 'surprisingly hardcore' fanbase in evidence :wink: There were so many people there who clearly had gone along specifically to see him - I'd say just about everyone there before the event started more or less were there for him - complete with red ribbons, badges, banners, flags and Tshirts. Fab :D So good to see that he still has so much support on a lousy day and with the potential prospect of him only doing one song ... Brilliant :D

Snowdrop's said all there is to say really - I just wanted to say how thrilled I was to see the 'surprisingly hardcore' fanbase in evidence :wink: There were so many people there who clearly had gone along specifically to see him - I'd say just about everyone there before the event started more or less were there for him - complete with red ribbons, badges, banners, flags and Tshirts. Fab :D So good to see that he still has so much support on a lousy day and with the potential prospect of him only doing one song ... Brilliant :D

That was so good to read Maggie. Brought a lump to my throat :heart:

He's such a dear. I so wish I could have been there, rain and all :wub:

I just wanted to say how thrilled I was to see the 'surprisingly hardcore' fanbase in evidence :wink: There were so many people there who clearly had gone along specifically to see him - I'd say just about everyone there before the event started more or less were there for him - complete with red ribbons, badges, banners, flags and Tshirts. Fab :D So good to see that he still has so much support on a lousy day and with the potential prospect of him only doing one song ... Brilliant :D

Thanks,that's good to know Maggiemags.

Thanks also Snowdrop for the links. The photo is scrummy.