Gareth on Twitter

Val4Gareth

Guest NicolaJayne

I think I misunderstood I thought the girl wanted a pic of herself with Gareth, didn't realise she wanted a pic with Gareth and the person he was with. I agree if that was the case out of respect for both Gareth and Suzanne

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree too i she wanted a pic with both Gareth and the Girl he was with, when I first read the tweet I thought itwas saying she wanted a pic with the girl and thought to myself thats understandable she said no as she will understandably not want the pic posting on Twitter and Facbook or wherever but when I read the tweet again its reads as though the girl just wanted a pic with Gareth

why didnt your girl friend let me have a picture with you in tescos?

Picture with you may of meant with both of them but it looks like it did just mean Gareth., so no you didn't misunderstand Elaine as such unless I misunderstood th tweet.

I'm sorry Maria,just because your a fan of Gareth it does not give you the right to act as private detective ,quizzing people on twitter about Gareth so that you can report back to the boards what you have found out.Only Gareth and Suzanne know the truth,,we should respect their privacy and leave them alone.

As with a lot of words it can all be misunderstood and misconstrued. I too read the tweet that she wanted a photo with Gareth and it wasn't allowed. Re-reading it again it can mean either.

I am still finding it difficult to come to terms with Gareth and Suzanne splitting up

Me too as I am sure so many more are.

I understand what you're saying Doris so i'm leaving it there now, I agree the tweet could of mean't either a pic with just Gareth or both plus there's nothing to say the girl was a girlfriend anyway, I could ask the girl if she wanted a pic with just Gareth or both but I won't.

I never intended though to find out if it was a girlfriend or to try and find out stuff that's meant to be private, I only asked the second girl who seen him in Tesco who he was with incase the first girl was just tying to cause trouble.

Hello Everyone - Having just read the posts above I am quite concerned. It is a iittle like the game 'Chinese Whispers' when something said has a completely different meaning by the time it has been 'whispered' around the room. Gareth is not our property he can and will go out - alone - or with others - either in a group or in a two sum. There could be many reasons why the photo could not be taken, It is not for anyone to tell him what he can or cannot do. I'm sure there will be many other occasions when he is seen with someone and it is all made into an incident. He has always valued his fans and I'm sure he always will but he can't be on call all the time - why should he be he does need some free space which as fans we should understand to give him and not believe everything that is said or written about unless it is from Gareth himself. Hugs Browneyes.

If I have caused any trouble, i'm leaving, same with Twitter and Facebook if its what's best as its not my intentions to harm Gareth in any wayand would never intentionally do anything to harm him but if i'm at risk of doing so, its best I go if I obviusly cannot be careful with what I say and do.

Maria you haven't caused any trouble. I read it exactly the same as you as I am sure others did too.

Everyone is just giving their opinion and that is what the forum is all about, everyone thinking differently.

Twitter has a lot to answer for. It errs into peoples private lives. Of course, it can sometimes be usefull to use one's family to advertise but then there are times when it just gets in the way.

Let's hope Gareth tweets something about his professional life and how the rehersals are taking shape.

Guest NicolaJayne

You have done nothing wrong Maria so please don't be upset. I am grateful to people for letting us know on this forum what is being tweeted involving Gareth.. I think we are all just wondering what is going on with Gareth at the moment as he has been a bit quiet since he announced his split with Suzanne. Maybe, some may think its being nosy but I think we are mostly just concerned about him. But really Gareths private life has nothing to do with us and we should only want to know about his career moves. But because we feel we have watched Gareth grow from a boy to a man and have met his family we tend to get involved with his personal life more than we should.

You have done nothing wrong Maria so please don't be upset. I am grateful to people for letting us know on this forum what is being tweeted involving Gareth.. I think we are all just wondering what is going on with Gareth at the moment as he has been a bit quiet since he announced his split with Suzanne. Maybe, some may think its being nosy but I think we are mostly just concerned about him. But really Gareths private life has nothing to do with us and we should only want to know about his career moves. But because we feel we have watched Gareth grow from a boy to a man and have met his family we tend to get involved with his personal life more than we should.

I agree with this, if we are being nosy I think we have over the years been encouraged to be involved in Gareth's private life through Gareth's family connecting with fans the way they have. In some ways this has made him seem quite special to us fans, but in reality is probably over and above what is normal for an artist. It could be that now Gareth is older and has split from Suzanne he wants to keep things a bit more private than before and we are all finding it a bit difficult to be suddenly excluded. I did used to think though that Suzanne was extremely accommodating towards us fans, especially introducing Missy to us all. Looks like we are now entering a new phase and we need a period of adjustment.

If I have caused any trouble, i'm leaving, same with Twitter and Facebook if its what's best as its not my intentions to harm Gareth in any wayand would never intentionally do anything to harm him but if i'm at risk of doing so, its best I go if I obviusly cannot be careful with what I say and do.

You are only doing what everyone else does on here and reporting what you have seen and there's nothing wrong in that. It is a forum after all and not everyone will have the same opinion. I like reading your contributions to this site so please keep them coming!!

• 3 weeks later...