Big Reunion Tour October/November 2014

Val4Gareth

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

Yes and it seems from Gareth's tweet that Kav didn't turn up, he is letting the rest of the group down.

He was present for Lorraine though to get publicity for the group.

If he continues to let them down, he should be dropped from the group.

No idea why those gigs were cancelled Browneyes Chantel. Did you have tickets to go?

Is this the Daily Star link you are meaning? http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/405360/5th-Story-Kavana-turned-up-to-Big-Reunion-rehearsal-drunk

..... Our tickets arrived this morning... 7 months since booking them and 5 days before we go. Talk about nerve wracking.

Looking forward to it now.

Glad that was the link you were talking about.

There's another one here http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/boy-bands-gone-bad-very-4446515 Gareth being his naughty self. :o:blush:

For anyone wondering if Simon from Blue is going to be on the Tour, due to his Strictly Come Dancing comittments- he is (except for Saturday's show) SEE HERE

Could not resist having a look. Roll on Tuesday. Thank you for posting

Thought you might!

Lovely to have you back Val. We have missed you.

Heather wow! Can't believe the Daily mail have written such a positive article on Gareth.

Title:

The boys are back in town! Gareth Gates and Blue lead the man-band nostalgia as theBig Reunion tour kicks off in Sheffield
"

Looking like he was in his element, Gareth Gates lead newly-formed 5th Story alongside Dane Bowers and Adam Rickitt as the singers find success with their new line-up. "

Guest NicolaJayne

Loved The Daily Mail write up, nice to see them giving Gareth some credit at last.

I went to Big Reunion last night at the 02 and thoroughly enjoyed the show but don't see the point of a separate thread for a report, as it was almost an exact rerun of Hammersmith earlier in the year. They sang all the same songs, only difference being the absence of the girl groups and Blue being included as they weren't part of the original show, but there were minus Simon as he was on Strictly. We had brilliant seats about 10 rows from the front right in the middle.

I was pleasantly surprised though that Gareth still held the position to do the Grand finale of his SITS, to my mind no better way of ending a show on a high. But Blue have had so many hits I did think maybe they might get the accolade. For two of Blues songs they brought on someone called Brandon from Steps I think, but I really didn't rate him and thought they were much better without him.

I was amazed by the energy of the dancers who were on stage for every group and for almost the entire show.

I went with Linda and my daughter in law came with us who is not a Gareth fan, but she said it was obvious Gareth and Dane had the strongest vocals of 5th Story. Every time they appeared they got a huge cheer. All the groups were good but obviously 5th Story were my favourites and have to say I loved Gareth's dance moves, the groups routines were all very slick and in tune with each other.

It was a lovely atmosphere and at the end when all the confetti came down we were showered in it, not like last time when we were too far back. Gareth gave lots of his special waves as he does but not for us as we were too far back for him to see us.

I did miss not seeing him after the show but knew there was no point in trying at a place as huge as the 02. Gareth seems to be having a great time performing with the lads but still prefer him as a solo artist and think he is too good to be in a group.

We got there fine with no problems but it was a different story coming home as we retraced our steps to get the tube from the 02 to Stratford, there was no one on the platform but another girl on her own travelling to Broxbourne,. We were there quite a while before an announcement telling us that the last train from Stratford was 11 00 and there would be no more trains till tomorrow morning. What a shock all I could think of was we have to get to Liverpool St for the last train. I am not used to Stratford and it's a very confusing station but the girl on her own came with us and we found the right platform to get to Liverpool St. Liverpool St is a huge station and when we got there the train to cheshunt was right at the other side so the girl dashed on and said she would hold the train up for us, by this time it was 11 50 and last train 12 00, so very relieved that we made it just in time.

I was also amazed by the Daily Mirror being so positive about Gareth, Elaine - about time too!

Pleased you enjoyed the show - I'm going to Birmingham on Tuesday. It's a shame that they haven't made more changes from the concert but pleased that Gareth and SITS is still finishing the show.

Love the video of Freak Me (which is from the concert). Gareth's voice can so clearly be heard taking the main role in the harmonies - there was so much noise at the concert that it was difficult to pick out individual contributions.

Linda

Just realised it was the Daily Mail not Mirror - whoops!

We were hoping you would pop on and give a report Elaine as they are always great to read.

Sounds like it was a fabulous night.

Certainly looks most spectacular.

I was pleasantly surprised though that Gareth still held the position to do the Grand finale of his SITS, to my mind no better way of ending a show on a high. But Blue have had so many hits I did think maybe they might get the accolade.

Yes so pleased to read it. It most certainly is an acolade. Well done him.

You can bet he is still humble and shy about it.

Edits to say: what a nightmare journey you had on your return home Elaine.

Daily Mail have mentioned Gareth again today , just about Katie Price turning up at The Grand Reunion show and party. I would have thought Gareth would know that she was going with Ali being Michelle Heaton's manager . mind you the story is mainly about her and Dane , and they have used the gorgeous pics of Gareth .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2799274/katie-price-brings-cheating-husband-kieran-hayler-big-reunion-boyband-tour-featuring-exes-dane-bowers-gareth-gates.html

Thanks for your lovely report of the show Elaine , I'm glad you enjoyed it .