Big Reunion Tour October/November 2014

Val4Gareth

Guest NicolaJayne

The story also appears in the Sun Heather, she knew they were both going to be there as one of the group Damage said the after party was at Brooklyn Bowl and invited everyone in the audience to join them. I think she just wanted to be the centre of attention and get her name in the press.its got a nice small pic of Gareth and one of Dane.

Just forgot to say programmes are £10' for the Big Reunion Tour, but thought it worth it for the nice pics of Gareth with 5th Story and always nice to keep as a memento.also cards were on sale to support the group of your choice but don't know how much they were.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link Heather.

Nothing changes. Publicity then and publicity now.

Quite surprised at the blurry photos (whilst showing fab ones of Gareth). I notice the photo they have supposedly of Dane Bowers is actually Anthony Costa from Blue so the whole feature is really very unprofessional.

I agree Heather Gareth would have known she would have been attending and certain articles have said how he "legged it" from the aftershow party. Wise decision.

Today the article appears on every newspaper/magazine available so we can only hope the publicity has helped The Big Reunion.

Love that photo Elaine and the Rex Features ones Heather. Thks.

Val we will miss you tomorrow.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for the reviews Chris and the tweet, there have been some lovely tweets for 5 th Story and Gareth and I have really enjoyed reading them all.

Lucky enough to go to LG Arena in Birmingham last night.

Great show (if you had lived through and remembered the 90's music). It was all very professional and the pyrotenics etc were fantastic.

For me (who didn't know half of the songs) I quite liked the sound of Damage, loved Blue and of course Gareth being on stage.

Stand out song which received the most support from the crowd(apart from Gareth) was Alan Ricketts- Breathe again. It was a belter of a song.

Lots of tweets about Kav being missing tonight, wonder what will happen to "I can make you feel,good"?

Elaine like Lindajan said nothing because they had to miss the song out entirely meaning less time on stage for Gareth.

What a huge dissapointment too for anyone who had come along just to see Kavanah.

Strangely enough when I noticed there were only 4 on stage, I thought it was Gareth missing but then realised he was the opposite end of the stage from us. The group did explain in the second half that Kavanah was ill but would be back tomorrow. Fingers crossed for them, he is.

The band were in fact still good without Kavanah and received a great reception from the crowd. Gareth's final Spirit in the Sky went down a storm.

At the end of the song 5th Story welcomed all the other groups back on stage (to join in Spirit in the Sky) and I noticed Gareth remained turn round with his back to the audience welcoming all the groups as they come down the steps. He was the only one to do this. Forever the gentleman!

A good night but prefer Gareth's initimate gigs

went to see big reunion tour at Birmingham with my friends me and maria had bought vip I used my bday money to buy it.i did not know what the set up was I thought you get meet everyone lol but it was just a few select people every day different.mom rang up to find out about it as I was upset when read the letter.course I mainly wanted to see gareth and thinking that was,nt gonna happen was upsetting and I got to not get stressed and stuff like at dancing on ice and end up having another mini stroke.mom told lady on phone the circumstances and she said to talk to people on desk when got there so that's what andrea and maria did.there was quite a lot that had bought vip was standing in queue towards back as wanted to lol.guy in charge came to us and said follow me I thought eek people gonna think we pushing in.bought us round to this curtained area where a selection of the stars were I spotted gareth straight away in the middle I felt excited but scared as so many guys lol.I would,nt aprouch so gareth held open his arms and said come on sarahjane I thought eeek I gotta I went to gareth and him and adam rickett was comforting me.i had pic with them all I cant remember all that in pic as I tried to just concentrate on gareth as to not get to scared.i noticed Duncan was in there probs around 12 guys roughly.lady that andrea and maria spoke to on desk was the one taking the photographs she asked the others to move aside so I could have one with just gareth its like they knew I was scared of all but gareth which I was.the photos be emailed so just gotta wait.i enjoyed a nice cuddle off gareth he was so warm..the signing was a different selection as they seemed to switch round cause of doing sound checks etc.adam rickett came to the tables so seen him first he asked if I was okay I said yes.i know there was scott I think his name is from five also one of the 3t guys at the end and lee ryan too who commented he liked my hat lol they were all very friendly guys and seemed to know I was scared like finding appropriate page to sign lol.we got the programme free as part of vip and laminate badge which had round neck.had a few probs finding Hayley as we had her tickets so she could,nt get in lol.eventually all met up was surprised our seats was,nt as bad as we thought as we thought we was on side tiered ones we was,nt was on flat ones still a ways back but not too bad.the show was amazing all the song from my childhood.knew most of the songs except a few don't really know damage but did like the song you look wonderful tonight think I used to hear mom playing that lol.also song a1 sang im gonna love you a little bit more both familiar from my mom lol.course I knew the five song and take on me and most of blues songs.the show had a great atmosphere and good crowed gareth was amazing no sign of kav as he was ill so did not get to hear I will make you feel good.gareths spirit in the sky is the ending song of the show where sticker tape come down like snow almost.i cant say there was,nt a single band I did,nt like atleast 1 song of.course 5th story were the best in my eyes adam rickets breath again was very well received by the audience kenzie joking that we just want see adam in glass box naked omg I remember that lol think I was 16 eeek.kenzies flip reverse and crossroads was lively.danes freak me seemed to get everyone excited wish there was more than one gareth song though lol mind you they do say save the best till last lol.finding our way out was a lil confusing to know where to go call taxi to pick us up.i was,nt gonna go and come back by busses as thought it be to much for me and better to be safe since my scare.hopefully I get my piccies soon love sarahjane xxx

Sarah Jane, thanks so much for your detailed report, loved reading it as always. :) So pleased you also managed to get a hug of Gareth (thanks to Maria), and also that Adam seemed to be concerned. He seems a really nice guy.

Glad you had a good night and enjoyed the show. :thumbsup:

Thanks Sarahjane for your report.

You were very lucky with your Birthday treat - the meet and greet.

You have also given us an insight to how it all works too.

Sounds like you really enjoyed the show too.

.I have yet to see Kenzie smile

Heather I hadn't noticed untill you pointed it out. You are right.

However

B0i_Rc6IcAAvRQl.jpg

Thanks for your lovely report SarahJane. I'm glad you managed to get to meet Gareth and have your pic taken with them, seeing you'd got VIP tickets.

Think they should make it known that not everyone will get to meet the celebs when they're encouraging people to buy VIP tickets.

Thanks for your reports too Chris and Linda.

Guest NicolaJayne

I have been out all day so only just see your lovely report Sarahjane, really enjoyed reading it

Must have been lovely to go to the meet and greet, and great you got your pic with Gareth on his own.

Everyone seemed very confused about the meet and greet and it was even said there may only be one person from each group, I wouldn't have dared to book M. & G as I would have felt so cheated if Gareth had not been there.

It was a shame that they didn't substitute another song with Kavanagh being absent as it resulted in Gareth being on stage for less.time.

Thank you also for your report Chris. I was the same didn't know half the songs, except for Blue as they were all big Hits.

I agree Lindajan a great show but not a patch on seeing Gareth singing solo. It brought back memories of Hammersmith didn't it.

Looking forward to seeing your pics when you get them Sarahjane

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you for posting your lovely pics here Maria.

There is a centre page spread of The Big Reunion in The Sun today, telling secrets of what they got up to back in the day. Some pretty wild stories but none of the 5th Story boys gave their secrets away.

Headline is.

Sun goes on tour with TV,s Big Reunion Boybands.

We fixed fan competitions so fittest girls would win... Then we slept with them says 911 star LEE

Thanks for posting your photos Maria. They are lovely.

Can you tell us how the Meet & Greet worked please? Were all the groups there or just certain ones from certain groups?

Thank you for posting your lovely pics here Maria.
There is a centre page spread of The Big Reunion in The Sun today, telling secrets of what they got up to back in the day. Some pretty wild stories but none of the 5th Story boys gave their secrets away.
Headline is.
Sun goes on tour with TV,s Big Reunion Boybands.
We fixed fan competitions so fittest girls would win... Then we slept with them says 911 star LEE

Interesting Elaine. I am sure it works like that a lot of the time.