Big Reunion Tour October/November 2014

Val4Gareth

It was just certain one's from certain groups, certain one's did the signing bit and certain others did the photo bit, they said they try to get at least 1 member from each band at each bit but some are in sound check, so say if Gareth is doing the photo part and is there at the start but then gets called off for sound check, you miss out on him if you're too far back in the queue but after we spoke to the people at the desk as Sarahjane said, they were very helpful in making sure we got there when Gareth was.

you went past the signing tables first then the photo part after.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

I think it was an honour that Gareth did the finale and brought the show to a close, sort of made him out to be the star , well IMO anyway

I also thought Gareth's SITS was the strongest song 5th Story performed and unlike some of the others, one the other lads could sing along to without being embarrassed.

I went to the tour in Manchester last night with ValR,we met and parked our cars at the Metro station,then got the metro into Manchester to the Arena. The show was supposed to start at 7- 30 it didn't start till 5 to 8.all the bands sang 2 songs each,thought 3T and Damage were rubbish I really liked the rest of the groups with Blue being the best by far.

The 2nd half started,5th story were on 2nd,can't see the point of Kenzie wrapping in the middle of every single tune they sang it just didn't work.Gareth came down to the front and sang with Adam when he was singing his song.(Guess whose voice you could hear) The other bands came on,it was obvious they were making their 2 songs last as long they could,thought they were never finishing.Damage was the worst kept on and on about their tour and music to download today.

I'd checked on the internet times of the last Metro tram back because it was a Sunday,10-45pm it was.When it got to 10-30pm Blue and Gareth still hadn;t been back on.Val and I decided we had to go otherwise we would have missed the last tram back to pick up our cars.If the show had started on time we would have been alright for time as it was we missed the 2 acts we most wanted to see.There were lots of people leaving before the show finished,think because it was a Sunday the show should have started at 7pm.

I feel so mad and annoyed that we didn't see our favourites because the show was 25mins late starting.

Looking forward to the RCM gig in Manchester with Gareth on his own.

The selfie picture on twitter of 5th story with the fans in the background,Gareth went off stage and brought back a camera on a long stick,he called it his selfie stick.They then posed for a pic together with back to audience.

I was at the show on Saturday. I actually really enjoyed it. I thought all the acts were really good although Damage and 3T seemed to be a bit slower, great singers but cant say I knew most of what they sang. A lot of people around me seemed to sit down when they came on. 3T did get a good applause though. The rest was what I grew up on and love that kind of music, we were also reminded of the shows there used to be (cduk, Totp etc) Amazing that the weekend tv nowadays is totally different now. Not going to lie I do love 5ive and even though there is only 3 now they were still really good. 911, blue, A1 and 5th story all had everyone dancing and singing a long aswell. Was great seeing Gareth performing again and even though its totally different from what we are used to seeing they were really good and he does seem to fit in well. Breathe again was the surprise of the night and the crowd seemed to like it lol also spirit in the sky was a great finale. Everyone singing a long at the end. There did seem to be a bit of delay on the night think it was supposed to start at 7.30 but it was about 20 mins later I think. Also Simon from blue wasn't there obviously as he was on strictly but Bradley from s club 7 took his place. A really enjoyable night and well done to all the acts for putting on a great show. Didn't have time to hang around as it was quite miserable weather and had a train to catch!

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you so much for your reports Dorral and Gazfan but what a shame you had to miss the best bit Dorral due to the late start, that is really bad.

Thanks Dorral and Gazfan for your reports of your nights.

What a shame Dorral you had to leave, due the late starting of the show and miss the one person you had gone to see and ultimately the best finish to a show.

So glad you enjoyed the show as every that's been seems to.

I seem to be in the minority of liking Damage and I quite liked 3T with their references to Micheal Jackson. I must admit to not realise how much a part of their life their uncle was. I loved the old photos they showed.

Not going to lie I do love 5ive and even though there is only 3 now they were still really good. 911, blue, A1 and 5th story all had everyone dancing and singing a long aswell.

So good that you still enjoyed 5ive Gazfan, even though there were only 3 of them. Can sometimes be a dissapointment but obviously not for you. You seemed to have loved it all.

Trouble is you look forward to it for so long and then it is over so quick.

Thanks Dorral and Gazfan for your reports of your nights.

So good that you still enjoyed 5ive Gazfan, even though there were only 3 of them. Can sometimes be a dissapointment but obviously not for you. You seemed to have loved it all.

Trouble is you look forward to it for so long and then it is over so quick.

I was/am a big five fan and sometimes others just don't want to be there. I seen them last year as a 4 and Abz just seemed like he couldn't be bothered. Would rather pay and watch 3 who are 100% into it than getting a 4 where the 4th isn't committed anyway.

Yes it does go quick lol. It was a great show and a huge bonus that 2 of my favs Gareth and five were both there and both great. It had been a while since I had seen Gareth so it was fab seeing him perform again. And brilliant seeing him close the show. Great seeing him perform in big arenas again doing what he does best

I agreed with Doris on the night, Damage just seemed to want to promote their tour and the only songI Ilked was the Eric Clapton cover of Wonderful Tonight! 3T were dreadful, totally out of tune on every song.Really annoying that they both wasted so much time when we knew we would have to leave to catch the last tram home, also very annoying that the show started so late and even then people were coming in half an hour after it started!!!!

Really liked Al, 911 and Five and also thought 5th Story were good, the two songs that we saw of Blue I enoyed as well. Shame we missed the end, can't believe the Metro stops so early on a Sunday,l but looking forward to Gareth's show at the RNCM in November.

Love Val

I think most will have read on twitter that the tour bus broke down , it's made the local paper and Gareth nearly lost his jacket !

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/bus-firm-reays-rides-to-rescue-of-stranded-boy-band-tour-stars-1.1171561#

Bus firm Reays rides to rescue of stranded boy band tour stars

Last updated at 08:40, Thursday, 30 October 2014

Bus firm Reays came to the rescue of 25 boy band members left stranded in Carlisle.

The company received an emergency call yesterday morning after the Big Boy Band Reunion Tour’s bus broke down following a show in Liverpool on Tuesday night.

Its driver had managed to get to Carlisle but there was no way it could make the journey to Aberdeen, where the bands were performing last night.

Among those affected was 911's Lee Brennan, of Carlisle, who tweeted: "Arrrrrrgggghhh! It's official, @BigReunionITV bus has conked out!! New bus needed, it's gonna be a lonnnnnng night", adding en route to Carlisle: "Update: 3.10am still stranded" before saying at 5.25am: "Bus has been patched up & nearly in Carlisle now. Hotel for a few hours sleep."

His local knowledge then led to the call being made to Reays, where he had worked before hitting the big time with 911.

Reays dispatched their VIP bus and are now hired for the rest of the tour.

Chris Reay, managing director of Reays, said: “I knew Lee personally. He used to stick livery on our vehicles when he worked for System Signs. He is a good lad."

The reunion tour has brought together seven pop groups - Blue, 5ive, A1, 911, Damage, 3T and 5th story, a band put together by
ITV’s The Big Reunion series, which includes soloists Gareth Gates, ex Coronation Street star Adam Rickett, Another Level’s Dane Bowers and Blazin’ Squad’s Kenzie.

All stayed at the Hallmark Hotel in Carlisle on Tuesday night, though they did not have the chance to get much sleep as they arrived 6am and left soon after midday.

There was a further hiccup, when Gareth Gates left his Louis Vuitton jacket on the original bus. It is now in Reay’s lost property box at Wigton and will be returned to him after tonight's show in Newcastle.

The Big Boy Band Reunion Tour came out of ITV’s series The Big Reunion. The bands have performed at various big arenas starting off from London’s O2 on October 18. The tour will finish at Newcastle’s Metro Radio Arena next Thursday.

That's amazing about the bus and you say it happened last year too Gazfan? Sounds like it could have been a bit of a publicity stunt.

Khelda, Gareth didn't just leave his jacket - he left his Louis Vuitton jacket lol.

I was/am a big five fan and sometimes others just don't want to be there. I seen them last year as a 4 and Abz just seemed like he couldn't be bothered. Would rather pay and watch 3 who are 100% into it than getting a 4 where the 4th isn't committed anyway.

Interesting what you say about rather paying to watch 3 who want to be there Gazfan. (thinking about the up and coming Take That tour with only 3 members). Will take that (excuse the pun) on board.

Valr can just imagine you wishing each group to hurry up so you would be able to see Gareth and Blue at the end. Such a shame and the tickets weren't cheap either. Lets hope the Solo Tour makes up for it in someway.

Funny enough I think they were on there way back from Aberdeen going to Glasgow last year. It was filmed last year though so we seen them on the side of road sitting waiting for another bus.

Not sure about it being a publicity stunt though. Although we will never know. They have a pretty tight schedule and only just made it to Aberdeen this time and that probably would have affected meet and greets

As for take that. Similar situation and I think if its still the same band making same music but only less members you would imagine the fans would still be there? I suppose not everyone will enjoy it but would think the diehards would still be on board? I guess time will tell.

Can't believe the tour is over tonight. Have enjoyed reading about it and seems the bands have had lots of fun.

Guest NicolaJayne

There is a little piece in the Sun today Bizarre page about the tour bus breaking down with a pic of Gareth and one of the other band members not sure who jokingly thumbing a lift, also a pic if the tour bus.

Says

spare a thought for the Big ReunionBands. Once it was private planes and limos. Fast forward 15 years and on Tuesday evening the nineties favourites including 911, Blue, A 1, 3T, and the 5th Story boys were left stranded by the roadside for hours after their tour bus pictured broke down.

A source said They had performed in Liverpool and were headed to a hotel in Carlisle, it was fixed at 3 30am and they arrived at 6 00am, got a couple of hours sleep and they headed to Aberdeen for the next show.

At the roadside Kavana tweeted "can anyone put up 25 90s pop stars? Cheers if only they,d actually been on the A1

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/culture/music-nightlife-news/review-big-reunion-boyband-tour-8026139

This review containes the whole setlist

SETLIST:

A1; Take On Me, Caught in the Middle

Five- We Will Rock You, Everybody Get Up

Damage- Ghetto Romance, Forever

911- Party People Love Sensation, A Little Bit More

5th Story- Freak Me, I Can Make You Feel Good

3T- Anything, I Need You

Blue- Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word, All Rise

911- Bodyshakin, More Than a Woman

5th Story- Flip Reverse, Breathe Again

3T- Stuck On You, Why