Boogie Nights Tour begins! (Jan 31 - 20 April)

eternal

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!,

This isn't a report as such but I've just got in from Boogie Nights a short while ago. It was a bit of a last minute decision to book to go see the show, with two of my Aunties, one who is as big, as a fan of Osmonds, as I am of Gareth! Even though we didn't have the best seats we still absolutely love the show. Such a feel good atmosphere, and so funny! Gareth was amazing, and looked SO, SOoo amazing in the YMCA bit, with his little short on! :wub: - (think that might have been one of my favourite sections of the show! :blush: lol!)

Oh and the children from the academy, we're little stars! I really liked it when they came out towards the end of the show and sang with Gareth.

The weather was really bad out there tonight, so didn't bother venturing round to find the stage door. Just was concerned about getting home safely. But home, feeling so happy that I decided to go see the show! Those of you who are still to see it, are in for a treat, it was a brilliant show!

:) x

Don't really have time to write a report. But just wanted to pop on and say how great the show was last night. A lot of osmonds fans there which was to be expected but everyone got a great reception. Chico I thought was really funny as was ShaneRichieJr he was the cheeky chap and really played his role well. Gareth well what can I say he was just amazing as always, so good to see him live again. Puppy love and If you leave me now being my favs. Oh and SITS is always a good one :) Wasn't really sure about Andy's role he is a good singer but didn't really stand out for me. The Osmonds even though I didn't know many of their songs they were really good aswell and really appreciated the reception they received. Didn't have time to wait at the end but went home with a smile on my face

Missed this Gazfan.

So glad you enjoyed the show.

Hi!,

This isn't a report as such but I've just got in from Boogie Nights a short while ago. It was a bit of a last minute decision to book to go see the show, with two of my Aunties, one who is as big, as a fan of Osmonds, as I am of Gareth! Even though we didn't have the best seats we still absolutely love the show. Such a feel good atmosphere, and so funny! Gareth was amazing, and looked SO, SOoo amazing in the YMCA bit, with his little short on! :wub: - (think that might have been one of my favourite sections of the show! :blush: lol!)

Oh and the children from the academy, we're little stars! I really liked it when they came out towards the end of the show and sang with Gareth.

The weather was really bad out there tonight, so didn't bother venturing round to find the stage door. Just was concerned about getting home safely. But home, feeling so happy that I decided to go see the show! Those of you who are still to see it, are in for a treat, it was a brilliant show!

:) x

Just cross posted.

So glad you went and enjoyed the show (and popped on so quickly to let us know)

How lovely the children were singing with Gareth too. Quite a treat for Bradford audience.

Hope your Auntys enjoyed The Osmonds too.

Yes I got to the show, and back , it hasn't stopped snowing yet and still blowing a gale.I didn't know you were going Katie, I didn't see anyone I knew , and like you I wasn't bothered about stage door etc, although people were seeing Gareth down the corridor I stayed in the bar .

The show was just as brilliant as expected . I loved the whole thing , all of it :thumbsup: Gareth's Puppy Love was fantastic . There were lots of Osmand fans, but Bradford was there for Gareth , and the crowds showed it . The place was buzzing and a group of people near me were dressed in 70's gear and boogied all night.It looked hectic down by the stage , I was in the dress circle .

Gareth's Academy students opened the show singing a Medley of Abba songs, they sounded very good and went down well . They wore green Academy T Shirts and looked very smart. They also danced with Shane Richie Jnr ( who I thought was very good ) it was a funky rock song. They also danced with Gareth for SITS , they were very all good dancers including the little ones who were cute as well as very good .I think there was 38 off them, so they filled the stage , and it was Gareth's job to direct them off stage .

After Puppy Love, Jimmy said this is Bradford, Gareth's home . He said that he has enjoyed working with Gareth , that he will miss him very much , and that Gareth is a wonderful and talented young man :thumbsup: Gareth looked a bit taken back and he said he would miss him too. Jimmy brought on the students at the end of the show for the applaud they deserved .

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you Heather and Katie for your reports on last night, I would have loved to have been in Bradford last night but sure I would have cried if I had been there to see Gareth with all his students, must have been a dream come true for those little girls and the big girls too, and it is shown by the happiness on their faces. Loved what Jimmy said about Gareth at the end, I think they have grown very close throughout the show, and bet they will keep in touch when it finishes and remain friends.Thank you also Heather for the flyer about the academy and so pleased it is proving such a big success.Also thank you for putting up the T&A report on the show so promptly.I thought about you last night and so glad you got to the show safely and got home in that atrocious weather.

I am waiting to hear from my cousins daughter who went last night and hope she made it with the snow.

So pleased the Bradford crowd were so there for Gareth, his family must have felt so proud.

Great reports. Was looking forward to hearing reports from Bradford. Must have been a very special night for Gareth not just him performing but his students too. So pleased the academy has and will continue to be a success. Lovely what Jimmy said aswell, does sound like they get on very well and have become close. Thanks for sharing :)

Well it was touch and go as to whether we were going to venture up to Bradford. The snow never let up all day and my husband said he thought it was a bit risky in case we didn't make it back to see to our dog!! Anyway, once I told him the price of the tickets, he said "we'll go"!

The show was just what I expected and was fantastic. I had had a couple of glasses of wine so let my hair down! My husband said he had never seen me like this before! He tried filming some of the show, but our camera is a bit old and I am not expecting them to have turned out very well. I was a little bit disappointed at the seats in the dress circle and wish I had booked the front of stalls. I deliberately booked dress circle thinking it would be a good view but I would have liked to have been closer. The atmosphere, just like all the other venues, was brilliant with most people entering into the spirit of things. We were also near the people dressed in 70s clothes which I thought was a nice touch.

I couldn't fault any of the performances myself and thoroughly enjoyed everything. I thought the story was a bit thin though. I wasn't a fan of The Osmonds before seeing them, but have to agree with others they are very professional and relaxed and its not difficult to see why they have such a huge following.

It was lovely to see the children on stage with Gareth. He was organising them a bit too. If I had had a child on that stage last night I would have cried buckets! I bet they really enjoyed performing in front of such a large lively crowd.

I think some people didn't risk travelling because of the weather as there were a couple of empty seats near me which I tried to book but were not available at the time of booking.

The only problem for me is that the show was over all too soon!

Goodness you must have been quite near me Barbirgirl . The show was fully booked , but they must have had lots of cancelations as they were offering tickets at half price in the afternoon , it is a shame the weather turning so bad , I thought I may end up in a hotel , but I'm glad I got home as travel conditions are even worse this morning .

This happened to poor Merrill last night at Bradford , quite funny really :)

Had to share this, Merrill's account of being forgotten and getting lost......Bless his beautiful heart x
"At 6:30 pm I'm laying down on my bed waiting for someone to call or knock on the door as the show started in one hour. I hurried and got dressed ... found out Jay and Jimmy hadn’t checked into the hotel yet. The bus left without me, and it was snowing like crazy outside. I asked the front desk where the theater was where the boogie night show was playing. The guy said it was about a 5 min walk … he explained how to get there. He gave me an umbrella. With my sparkling jacket and patten leather shoes on without a coat I headed out the door. 5 min, then 10 min went by. By this time the umbrella was ruined from the huge gusts of wind. A guy walked by. I asked him if he knew where the theater was where the Osmond brothers were playing tonight. He said there wasn't a theater in the area I was. He said it’s probably the big civic center about a mil...e down the road. I said thanks in a very frustrated voice. I started to scurry kicking up snow as I ran hopefully not falling on the slippery side walk. I got a few blocks down when another person passed by me. I stopped him and said excuse me sir but is the civic center getting close? He said, hey aren't you an Osmond? I said yes sir, and I'm late for my show. He said your theater is the St George Theater. You’re going in the wrong way. It's around 5 blocks back the other direction. What! I said! He said follow me. The gusts of wind continued to blow flipping my hair sprayed hair up forming what looked like an Indian war bonnet. It was freezing. The tears that run down my face were forming little drops of ice cycles. We finally get to the main entrance. I thanked the guy and headed in. The fans saw me and wanted pictures and autographs. I looked horrible. I asked if someone knew where the backstage was. A Chinese gal said yes, follow me ... she took me into the kitchen where they were cooking stuff. This is backstage she said. I asked, is there a stage? Are there dressing rooms? Another person who knew me said, follow me. I finally got to where I was supposed to be. Everyone was panicked. The tour manager was outside trying to find me. I asked a bunch of questions how this whole thing happened but we finally got the show on. It turned out pretty good. I think I caught a cold … 9 more shows to go"See More
Like · · · 2 minutes ago ·

Thanks Heather and Barbirgirl for such fab reports.

Heather I loved where you said Bradford were there for Gareth.

So glad you went and enjoyed the show so much.

What a shame for Merrill too. The way the report is written one can only imagine being asked by an Osmond Brother the way to the theatre when walking down the street.It's a really funny story.

An Osmond fan here says how amazing Gareth is :thumbsup: : http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/jimmy-osmond-fan-lovin-it-after-spotting-idol-in-dundee-mcdonalds-1.79073

I think many of us have been surprised at how like you say, "down to earth" and lovely the Osmonds are. They seem to have loved every minute of performing to their audience and their fans.

Think they have a soft spot for Gareth too. This tour seems to have been far better than I ever anticipated.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank for your report of Boogie. Nights Barbirgirl, know what you mean about being in the circle, I was sat there for Legally Blonde and hated it just felt to be so far away from the stage, can't beat front stalls for me.

I read the story about Merrill on Facebook, what an awful thing to happen to him on such a freezing cold snowy night. Hard to imagine such a big star being in those circumstances and with no coat on, enough to give him pneumonia.

Funny to think that what you thought was a wet Osmond look a like really was Merrill Heather.

Thank you also Chris for the story of them in McDonalds, and the nice comments about Gareth from the Osmond fan.

I think this show is one we will remember for a long time and may sound greedy as I have seen it twice but would really love to have the chance of seeing it again.

That's hilarious about Merrill. You wouldn't think that would happen on such an organised tour. I wonder which hotel they stayed in.

I have had a chance to look at the little videos my husband took from last night. None of them were any good as we were too far away, but he got a clip of the kids from the Academy right at the end when they had finished singing with Gareth. I will try and post it tomorrow. It shows Gareth directing the kids off the stage!

So glad the concert in Bradford wasn't on the Saturday as we would definitely have not been able to go due to the weather. That would have been such a shame as I have been looking forward to going for months.

Yes, Heather, you must have been in the same area of the theatre. We were in seats 40 and 41 on second row from front in dress circle.

I too think The Osmonds like Gareth. I remember seeing something on TV way back when Gareth was on a programme where Donny Osmond was on too. It could have been Loose Women or GMTV or something like that and I think Donny was impressed with Gareth's determination to not let his speech problem interfere with his career.