Boogie Nights Tour begins! (Jan 31 - 20 April)

eternal

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you like this recording. As Val says, the speaking was Roddy and Debs (Shane and Louisa) arguing and splitting up on the other side of the stage. The other slight glitches in the sound are when I zoomed in to get a better picture of Gareth - didn't realise that it would affect the recording. Anyway I'm pleased I recorded this as I haven't seen it from anyone else yet and Gareth said that it is one of his favourites. Also I've finally learnt how to upload to Youtube!

Linda

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Review-Boogie-Nights-Colston-Hall-John-Packwood-9/story-18264399-detail/story.html#axzz2M5Etjpv4

Well done Linda on managing to upload on Youtube , we had all been dying to watch Gareth

singing

If You Leave Me Now , I've practically seen the whole show while looking for it :thumbsup:

Another great review scored 9/10 from Bristol

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you Heather for finding another great review from Bristol, everyone is really impressed with this show and I think is more popular than antisipated and should have had a longer run, with at least a few nights at each venue.

Glad you like this recording. As Val says, the speaking was Roddy and Debs (Shane and Louisa) arguing and splitting up on the other side of the stage. The other slight glitches in the sound are when I zoomed in to get a better picture of Gareth - didn't realise that it would affect the recording. Anyway I'm pleased I recorded this as I haven't seen it from anyone else yet and Gareth said that it is one of his favourites. Also I've finally learnt how to upload to Youtube!

Linda

It's brilliant Linda thanks.

I didn't realise it was speaking from the stage :shiftyninja: I thought it was in the audience. :shiftyninja:

I have to keep going to listen to it.

Love the Bristol review. Had to copy it to keep it:

THERE are 50 dates for the original and favourite Seventies musical (not the rather risqué filmlb_icon1.png with the same title) which is now back on the road. This visit to Bristol was near the halfway mark of the tour.

Loosely based on the original story which is both hilarious and heart-warming, this story of Roddy O' Neil (a lively Shane Ritchie Jr ) is set in a provincial town.

The music is mainly for the older generation but it was good to see the younger members of the large audiencelb_icon1.png joining in with the clapping and dancing.

This remixed concerticon1.png version uses well over 50 songs of that era and the lively cast use the show as a disco-style event. This is not a bad thing because it gives these talented performers the chance to sing many classic hits of the Seventies. Don't Blame It On The Boogie introduced most of the cast and I was particularly impressed with the ballad Yesterday Once More beautifully sung by Emily Penny and Nicola Meehan.

Another member with whom I was impressed was Spencer (Andy Abraham) whose lively singing and expert dancing kept events moving. The obvious attraction were the three Osmond brothers Merrill, Jay and Jimmy. They have been professionals for over 50 years and still produce a top class sound especially in Love Me For A reason.

After a Seventies medley the whole company came together for Crazy Horses to end the first half.

After the interval we again had a fine set from the Osmonds including their really big hits Puppy Love and, joined by Gareth Gates, Long Haired Lover From Liverpool, before a beautifully harmonised Remember Me with pictures flashed on the screen of their younger days.

It is difficult in this limited space to mention all the songs and performers but the enthusiasm and stamina of the supporting cast was incredible.

Gareth Gates was impressive both in his singing and acting in the role of Dean.

Maria I love that photo of Gareth in that cheeky pose. Would love to see it in The Gallery too!

Gareth's interview with The Harrow Times is today :thumbsup:

http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/leisure/cfufeatures/10262327.Oh__yes_sir__they_can_Boogie___all_night_long/

WHEN Gareth Gates walks onto the stage of The Beck Theatre, there will only be one thing on his mind, he says.

“I have to remind myself of where we are.

“I’d hate to be on stage and say the wrong town or city.

“If I said ‘Hello Milton Keynes’ and we were in Hayes that would be a bit embarrassing wouldn’t it?”

The 28-year-old is just one of the stars of British musical Boogie Nights, which is appearing at more than 50 theatres across the country.

On March 9, the all-singing, all-dancing musical, which features pop songs from the 1970s, will come to the Beck Theatre in Hayes.

Joining Gareth on stage is a whole host of household names – Jimmy, Merrill and Jay Osmond, Louisa Lytton (Ruby from EastEnders), Andy Abraham (X Factor finalist), Chico and Shane Richie Junior.

“It’s a really upbeat, feel-good show,” Gareth enthuses. “There’s lots of singing and dancing. They’ve thrown me right into the deep end, my dancing is terrible. Thankfully most of the time I’m just singing.

But it’s going really well, we’ve done about 25 performances. It’s all good, although it’s tiring doing one-nighters everywhere.

“You do a gig, get straight on a tour bus, drive to the next venue, then start all over again. But you get used to it, I’ve done a lot of touring.

“The hardest part is being away from my daughter Missy. She comes and sees me lots, she’s very used to the touring lifestyle and she’s my biggest fan.”

Gareth rose to fame as runner-up on television talent show Pop Idol. He has accumulated a huge fanbase, and has had followers send him everything from underwear to death threats.

ce then he’s been carving a career in musical theatre, appearing in shows such as Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Les Misérables and Loserville, to name a few. There are only two things he keeps on his rider when he’s perfoming on stage he admits – bottled water and bronzer, in plentiful supply in order to maintain that healthy glow.

“I’m just loving doing theatre. Les Mis is my favourite, it was great to be part of 25th anniversary tour. “After Pop Idol, which was a really fun, yet crazy time for me, I fell into music theatre accidentally, I didn’t know much about theatre to begin with.

“Andrew Lloyd Webber asked to see me randomly, I had no idea what it was about. I showed up, and it was about Joseph. From there it’s snowballed.

“It was funny because I did Joseph at school and that was when I realised I could sing.

“Having had a stammer all my life, I was never able to express myself. But Joseph, music in general, has really helped me to express myself.

Having had a stammer all my life, I was never able to express myself. But Joseph, music in general, has really helped me to express myself.

“Now I’m on stage and performing with The Osmonds. We do this shtick in Boogie Nights where we ask the audience what song they’d like us to perform. They always say Puppy Love, and The Osmonds respond they can’t because they’re missing a brother. I charge on stage, the crowd goes wild and I take the role of Donny, with The Osmonds supporting me.

“It’s a novelty having The Osmonds as my backing band, they’re legends. They have some incredible stories to tell, they were friends with Elvis.

“All the cast are great singers and dancers, Chico brings the comedy and as for Shane Richie Junior, it’s a nice touch having him in the show seeing as his dad helped create the musical.”

So why should people come along to see Boogie Nights?

“It’s literally all about the music, hits everyone will know, everyone will be on their feet and well, where else are you going to get a chance to have a boogie with The Osmonds and Gareth Gates?”

There is a very good article in the Bradford T & A , Gareth will be joined onstage with youngsters from his performing Arts School , for Boogie Nights ,so that will be a bit special . It says they will also join him at Bingley Arts Centre :thumbsup:

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/leisure/tatheatre/10261284.Gareth_Gates_is_keen_to_share_Alhambra_stage_with_young_stars_of_the_future/?ref=twtrec

Thanks for the links to the interviews Heather.

Some interesting stuff in them. Loving the fact that his academy are joining Gareth on stage in Bradford.

What a pure treat for them. Not only will they be with Gareth but also with The Osmonds (legends for lots of their parents most probably).

Liking that Gareth is getting over in most interviews that he wants to be both a recording artist and musical theatre star too. :thumbsup:

Guest NicolaJayne

Think I have seen the interview before maybe from another newspaper.

Missy was at Boogie Nights yesterday think she must have been with Gareths Mum.

One of Chico's fans who is a Facebook friend of mine saw her in the backstage area said she looked very cute.

Think there were a lot of family and friends there yesterday being as it was the 02