Boogie Nights Tour begins! (Jan 31 - 20 April)

eternal

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you Heather love the video but prefer Gareths hair a bit longer. Lovely how Jimmy comes forward to greet the audience seems such a nice guy.

There is a pic and article of all the cast of Boogie Nights in my local paper this week they have been rehearsing for 6 days in Hoddesdon about 5 miles away from me but for some reason can't upload on here even though I have scanned it, says I have exceded my disc space. Since the boards changed I have not been able to unload any pics for some reason.

Thank you Heather love the video but prefer Gareths hair a bit longer. Lovely how Jimmy comes forward to greet the audience seems such a nice guy.

There is a pic and article of all the cast of Boogie Nights in my local paper this week they have been rehearsing for 6 days in Hoddesdon about 5 miles away from me but for some reason can't upload on here even though I have scanned it, says I have exceded my disc space. Since the boards changed I have not been able to unload any pics for some reason.

I'm not sure if this is the article you mean Elaine ? it does mention Rehersing Boogie Nights in Hoddesdon, but not much on Gareth .

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Health/Blogs/A-Kiss-from-a-Rosie/A-kiss-from-Louisa-Shane-and-Andy-30012013.htm

Guest NicolaJayne

Its a different article Heather as its from the Hertfordshire Mercury ours is the Cheshunt and Waltham Mercury and had a lovely pic of all the cast. But thank you for finding this.

Love the Brighton interview, it more or less sums up the whole of Gareths career and also acknowledges just how hard he works.

Thanks for another video Heather. It seems a favourite for people to record.

The verdict's out on the hair!! Might look better when it grows! :unsure:

Heather I'm not sure I like the interview from the Argus. Another :unsure: I don't think I like the interviewer.

I agree with you about the interview Chris - there's definitely a sarcastic undercurrent through the whole thing - must be a Will Young fan"!! :|

I do prefer Gareth with longer hair but he obviously prefers the shorter look these days - hopefully he'll get a part that requires it longer!

I've gone and had another read of that interview and yes Valr the guy (or girl) certainly has some undercurrent sarcasm, particularly at the beginning. However the article does point out that Gareth is financially sound :thumbsup: He has devotion :thumbsup: and he judges success by having fingers in many pies :thumbsup:

There is another review here from Brighton http://thelatest.co.uk/brighton/2013/02/18/boogie-nights/

Quite agree with the reviewer about the second half being better than the first. 4**** star rating too.

I have to say I don't like Gareth's hair in this style at all at the moment. I haven't from the beginning as I don't think it suits him at all. I know its a fashionable style at the moment amongst young men, but I haven't seen any of the young celebrities that I have liked it on yet. Dare I say also that I don't like how orange he looks either lately. I love him to bits and know I might sound a bit of a fuddy duddy!!!

I haven't had chance to read the article above yet so can't comment on that.

Reading all the lovely reviews though from the concerts I am really looking forward to seeing Gareth in Bradford later in March. Yay!! I am sure he must be picking up new fans along the way with this concert.

I don't know Val. I think it is just the air of it (if that makes sense).

I think when I revisited it, I found it read a bit better and like you say towards the end Gareth was able to say what he wants out of life. The beginning of the interview just seems to focus on the negative.

Guest NicolaJayne

I think the interviewer may have started off a bit sarcastic but think the interview its self shows Gareth in a good light as it puts him across as a grafter talented and not afraid of hard work. I also have to agree about Garethn looking slightly too orange recently even though i like the tanned image myself.Loved his hair how he had it in Les Mis really suited him, though that is not modern I know, but would have suited his part in Boogie nights as its a 70's thing.

I have just read the interview above and agree it does start off a bit negative, but after that I think it was good. It all sounded very positive to me and shows what a driven character he has. He is a big inspiration to many people and there are lots out there who could learn a thing or two by emulating his work ethic. Personally, I think he has the right idea of having many fingers in many pies and I for one am enjoying seeing him in so many different things.

On the hair issue!! I liked his hair best around the time he got married. Also when he was in Les Mis. However, I know they have to keep changing it and be up to date. I also like the tanned image, but in my opinion he has taken it too far. Speaking from experience he is going to regret using those sun beds in years to come, but I wouldn't be told at his age!!

Guest NicolaJayne

Was just thinking I had never seen the advert for Boogie Nights on my TV when it popped up twice this morning on ITV. Lovely to see it.

Going back to the interview, I think if the person interviewing was not that impressed with Gareth before, being in his pressence changed their preconceived idea's about him.

Yes I have noticed that too regarding lack of TV advertising. I suppose appearing on This Morning and Jimmy Osmond has been on a few programmes too, was probably thought to be sufficient. Good then to see it promoted more.

I think the interview was done over the phone but I might be wrong. I never think these type of interviews seem to work that well.

I agree that the interviewer was being a bit sarcastic, but it is a good interview and like Val said he was able to express how he feels inside. In other interviews he seems to be less open about what he really thinks, but he seemed more relaxed in this one. Thankyou for posting! :)