Boogie Nights Tour begins! (Jan 31 - 20 April)

eternal

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fabulous feel-good show. So glad I was able to see it. Enjoyed the Osmonds much more than I thought I was going to. Not really been a fan of theirs, but they were great. They had lots of videos flashed up on a screen behind them of the whole group and Donnie & Maria in the earlier years which was a lovely touch I thought. They still have a huge following and even after all the years they've been in the business it was very noticable that Jimmy in particular was very touched with tears in his eyes at the reception they received.

We were up on our feet for at least three quarters of the show I think. Needless to say Gareth's voice was head and shoulders above anyone else, but I did enjoy listening to Andy Abraham. He's got a very good voice. Wasn't at all impressed with Shane Richie Jnr, and for someone who is I believe only 19, he looked much older than Gareth. Chico also looked a lot older than I always imagined him to be from seeing him on TV. He didn't have too big a part in the show. Didn't sing and was mainly there to display his body it seemed. Loved the dark girls voice and the blonde one, but Louisa Lytton was definitely the weakest singer on the night.

Gareth was absolutely amazing. So much enthusiasm and put everything into his facial expressions. The dance moves were not too shoddy either. He's got a natural movement. What I thought was especially lovely was the way when Gareth was singing he was looking around the whole crowd and individually acknowledged everyone that he recognized in the audience. Hearing him sing Puppy Love with the Osmonds was amazing and YMCA was such fun with Gareth in his feathers. He even lingered on the stage for a short while after all the others had gone off.

Gareth came out after the show looking very dapper in his dickie-bow tie and waistcoat. We were half way back in the queue to see him and he went back in straight after seeing us, so bit of a shame for those behind us. Goes without saying he was his usual lovely appreciative self. There was a very substantial crowd there waiting for him. The only other one to come out was Shane, but hardly anyone realized it was him until he'd almost walked past the crowd.

We were sat in front of SarahJane and her mum and Andrea. I'd not seen Sylvia for ages so was nice to see her again. During the interval Gill (Bracknell) came over to have a chat. She'd been sat up in the balcony so was lovely of her to come down to speak with us. This was the first time she'd been to see Gareth since the Valentine's Ball two years ago. Vera also came over and had a chat with us during the interval.

Want to say a big thank you to Yvonne who accommodated 4 of us at her home last night. We sat up uptil almost 3 o'clock chatting. It was really lovely. Also thanks Chris for the lift back to the station this morning.

Had such a great time, I'm hoping to go again on Wednesday to Plymouth.

Glad you got home ok Val - we were on time but the train was very full with lots of people having to stand - thank goodness we had our reserved seats!!

Agree with everything in your report - such a good night and I was really pleased that all the Osmond fans gave Gareth such a good reception. There was lots of interaction with the audience and a brilliant audience who all joined in. Looking forward to seeing it in Manchester next month.

Thanks from me as well to Yvonne and Chris and Val and Doris for your company.

Love Val xxx

Thanks for this Val, im surprised you wasnt impressed with Shane as he was great when i saw him. I agree that Louisa is the weakest in the show, shes best at dancing i think. I met her after the show and to be honest she wasnt very friendly, unless shes shy but she did seem a bit rude if im honest. Glad you enjoyed the show Val, i knew you would x

Guest NicolaJayne

Thanks for a fantastic report Val, I am looking forward to the show even more now and how lovely of Gareth acknowledging all his fans he knows from the stage. It was nice there were so many of the old favourites there and you were able to have a few words with them. Also good you got to see Gareth after, shame some fans didn't get chance to meet him, but sounds like he was going out somewhere and in a hurry to get off.

Chico is in his early 40's I think so quite a bit older as is Andy.

Well it's difficult to know what to say about yesterday evening that Val hasn't already said. She gives a great report.

It was just a fab night.

I went expecting to enjoy it having been lucky enough to see the videos but it was better than expected.

The show was such a feel good factor. Everyone was up on their feet after about the third song and this was the whole audience.

The Osmonds were a pleasant surprise. I was never into them (except of course for Donny's good looks) but they were real entertainers. Jimmy was in front of us for much of his time on stage and he has a real presence and so enjoys performing and enjoys the audience too.

Loving Soul music I did enjoy Andy Abrahams and he belted out some of those Soul classic with ease (and moves).

Gareth was superb. He loved every minute of being on that stage and his voice was fantastic.

He was so funny doing YMCA. I can't even remember what the rest of the cast wore for the song because all eyes were on Gareth. I am sure everyone was just focused on his antics and he received a great reception.

I loved Puppy Love with the Osmonds. I think for most it was the song of the night. However I think my favourite song by Gareth was 'If you leave me now' (Can anyone remind me who sang the original please)? Gareth on stage singing that track was just amazing. Would love to relive it, if anyone finds it on Youtube (or anyone who is going can record it please).

It was so lovely to be in our home town (sort of) seeing lots of 'old' fans (in as much as they are still around supporting Gareth) and saying hello.

It was so nice to share the evening (and into the early hours) with Doris, the two Vals and Yvonne and to just chat about stuff (Lol- Gareth occasionally entered the conversation).

By the Way anyone dragging their husband to the show. There were a good few blokes there so don't worry.

Anyone going to the show you are going to have a great time. It's brilliant.

Yvonne are you able to post the list of songs Gareth is involved in from the programme, please? Have forgotten already.

Fabulous reports from everyone, it certainly sounds like you all had a good time together. I am really looking forward to seeing Gareth singing puppy love and the YMCA song. I saw Andy Abraham a couple of years ago at Wakefield theatre and he was fantastic, much better than I had expected so I am looking forward to seeing him too. Have to wait until March though.

Loads of lovely pictures from last night on this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aaq5imys52h4yc6/WVuqm-QEPx

Do you think these were taken by the man that was disrupting your view Doris?

Val I don't think the pics were taken on Saturday even though it says so,the stage didn't have the little curtain round it,also Gareth and cast sat over the edge of the stage for one song not on a step.(Gareth's leg was right in front of Vera,she was stroking it all through the song :thumbsup: ) The man in front of me was massive he was videoing it with 2 cameras one in each hand for the whole show,really annoying when he was stood up with his hands in the air,had to stand in the aisle next to Val.

Had a great time at the show,loved Gareth, esp. Puppy love and YMCA,his expressions are so funny,Gareth introduced the Osmonds as his new brothers.

I was disappointed with Chico and Louise was awful,the backing singers were far better singers than her. Andy Abraham was really good his voice was lovely.Shane had an OK voice and tried to be a Cheeky chappie just like his dad,

The Osmonds were fantastic,what performers they are,never been a fan but loved them last night.

Went to the stage door after, took some pics of Gareth whilst he was talking to fans,he looked very smart,although a little too brown.

Guest NicolaJayne

Thank you Eternal and Dorral for your lovely reports of the show. I love reading everyones different opinions. I know Andy has a great voice as I once saw him when he appeared at The Royal Albert Hall. He is also really nice as I met him at Dartford when he was on at the Festival with Chico..

Thank you for the lovely pics Val, and good to know Eternal that there were quite a few blokes there for when I go the second time with Brian.

i went to see gareth in birmingham was so nice to not have to travel far for a change i went with andrea and my mom and hayley and her mom.maria could not make it as she was ill but luckilly she will get see show still :) we saw gareth before show not to meet him just saw him pass down the stairs he waved blew kiss.throughly enjoyed the show it was brilliant gareth was perfectly suited to the part of dean.shane richie junior did good acting wise playing a male shovanist type his singing was okay.we saw jimmy outside before show as he went get his brothers something to eat from whsmiths he seemed very friendly person.shane before show had pics with quite alot of young girls and signed for them.louisa did not come out before or after the show altrhough saw her coming down the stars through the window.andy abraham seemed friendly he told us to enjoy the show.chico was arogant andrea wanted get autograghs for her two youngest daughters shane richie jr signed for them but chico was rather abrubt.he said ill be be back in a few minutes then he went over other side think he went shop or something then came out and was signing for a varied few but then came to go back in and turned to andrea saying im in a rush im late and went.louisa was very good dancing not so good singing although she was okay at singing.the backing singer girls was very good the girl that was supposed to be andy abrahams characters girl had a very nice voice and did the other 2 girls.chico did not really sing much he was more dancing about and flashing his body lol.he dressed as michael jackson and did moon walk he wore one white glove doing michael jacson moves.he also came out dancing to kungfu fighting.i loved ymca omg gareth in those little shorts so sexy and hot his deffo been to the gym.i thought he was great dancing who ever said he could,nt dance he was brill lol wish he realised it.he pulled a few funny faces and poses very amusing and camp acting.i loved hearing gareth singing if you leave me now you take away the biggest part of me.really sweet song yes i knew the song i knew most of them probs should,nt being my age but i knew most of them just a few osmond songs i did not know i knew some osmond songs but not all.was great seeing gareth singing puppy love he looked like he felt so proud and privaliged to sing with the osmonds refering to them as his new brothers.so many great songs in the show really get you moving and a grooving and singing along.i thought the osmonds were good and seemed humbled by there fans reactions jimmy with a tear in his eye.shame we was not at front as at one point gareth sat on edge of stage id of loved to been directly infront of him lol hehe.i totally recomend you see the show its really good and is suitable for all ages too.i took quite a few pics during the show some with flash off which came out blurred but noticed people using flash so turned mine on lol :P shame i did,nt have flash on for ymca lol.got a few amusing pics gareth pulling funny faces.met gareth after we was second in queue a girl was before us with her mom id say she was.gareth then came straight to me and said how are you sarahjane did you enjoy the show i said yes it was brilliant gareth grinned at me.i had a picture with him which turned out a lovely picture.i had bag of pressents for him too.andrea and hayley got a pic with him too and had bag of gifts for him also.i think a few girls further back had some stuff for him too as he asked my mom to look after all the bags while he had pics with people.so we stayed stood near door.saw alot of people getting pics with gareth was lovely to see val got see him not sure if tulip did or valr or doris hard to see when your so short lol.noticed vera got a pic with him.noticed val went after she had seen gareth we waited as mom had his stuff he was signing for these young girls that seemed rather excited at once point security lady had tell them to move so gareth could come back our way.i think some were not to see gareth but was waiting for osmonds and would not move lol.gareth took his bags off mom and said wheres my friends i thought who he mean lol then these two guys came over saying he we are mate.he was off to a pub with them somehere he was dressed with a dickie bow on and braces very cute hehe.heres my piccies in next post :) love sarahjane xxx

Thank you so much for your beautiful report Sarahjane ;D i'm glad your mom used my ticket bless her like I told her to, glad you enjoyed the whole show :) i'm suprised at chico turning out to be a bit arrogant, I don't understand how people can not be a bit more friendly with the fans, of course Gareth is the exception, we don't expect them all to be like him.

Wow you sure was busy taking all them pics :D love them all so much, the one of you with him is beautiful, love the artwork round your eyes too :)

love Maria xxx